RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Glenn the track we are running tonite have been on the server since December 31st 2009 so if the enduro was after that date you should be good. one way to find out if you have darker spot of tarmac all around the track then you are running the version we are using tonite as the first version doesn't have different tarmac texture on the track :)

Good races there. My setup was great but using a keyboard to accelerate is a big disadvantage round the first and final section.

First was was ruined as I went from 8th to 17th? as I had to wait for Bram. In retrospect I shouldn't off as he hit me returning to the track, spinning himself off.

Second race was very quiet for me, which was good as I was quite tired. Had another problem with a car coming back from an off. Yves Larose decided to block me when I tried to pass after he had just gone off before the final corner.

Very unfair driving in both cases in my opinion....

This it was the cleanest race i ever participated. Well done everybody and congratulations podium.Same podium twice. For me it was 4th firtst one and 6th second one but in the second one i had a freeze and lost 2 places. Great driving Ramon ,i had a great battle with you.I have to say that it was the most intense race ever for me. I didn't haved a great setup as i don't know to make one very good and i downloaded one from RD and that wasn't soo good in a long race but i managed to keep it in drift in last laps.Also in last corner before start/finish i was always going out in drift because the grip was very low.I am apologising to Braham for that rear tap in the chicane,but i couldn't avoid it as he lost his back a little and slowed the car down in a section where usualy you accelerate and didn't have time to react as i was right behind him(1-2 meters).I am sorry! :frown:

Thank you RaceDepartment and Dave for a such event! But most of all i want to say that in this race,you coult clearly see that the infractions porgram worked. :D

These cars are lovelies ... :)

Enjoyed that immensely despite only half an hour pre-race practice and a setup that produced temps in my tyres that I could weld iron with :tongue:
First race ... got a flyer but then in T1 ... bit of mayhem in front, had to come off gas almost completely to avoid chaps in front - went a bit sideways and by the time I had corrected it I had lost a bunch of places :rolleyes:
Then I got 2 cutting warnings :eek: ... for going sideways and running wide after backing off to avoid the bloke in front ... another :rolleyes: moment.
James was in front of me and I was feeling quicker but not able to make the pass for some time, then he went a little sideways, I tapped him, he went more sideways ... I slowed and waited, he stuck behind me so I took that as his admission of fault and my unfortunate position (ie, right up his tailpipes with nowhere to go :)) ... confirmed in chat post race - thx dude :wink:
After that I was chasing Yuri, and had fun doing so ... he seemed to have trouble in the braking sections and finally I made it past him to steal 6th or 5th - don't remember. Twas good fun though all the same.

2nd race ... got another good start and shot up to 2nd or 3rd, within half a lap was in 2nd (behind Yuri again), then Emil I think it was came through with David, but there was contact and Yuri went sideways, dodged him but David waited in good sportsmanlike conduct from what I could see ...
So ... a long stint trying to hang on to Emil, but my tyres were way hot, and despite a quick click here and there between races, it was still not great. The changes must have done something though as I think I then went faster than my quali time :)
Mickael came past in the corners like he was on rails ... and from his straight line speed I would say a hell of a lot more downforce than me (maybe that is where I went wrong??).
So ... I was in third with my teammate Ramon behind, and until last lap I held him at bay, but my tyres were really giving up on me and I got a little wide where I needed power, he got in my slipstream and down the inside, as he passed he gave me a couple of teammate high fives which unfortunately knocked me wide and onto the grasscrete stuff, killing my drive and any chance of regaining my hold on 3rd.
Oh well ... that will teach me to let Ramon get within braking distance of my rear bumper :)

Thanks fellas for some fine gentleman's racing, thanks David for setting this up and RD once more for hosting ... all I can say is MOOOOAAARRRRR GT's please :thumbup:

FWIW I had BIG troubles getting a custom skinned car to load in the server.

If you are having the same issue here is a solution that worked for me:

start game thru steam , go to "additional events" /Practice/GT Sports/Car madel/ custom skin

DONT TOUCH ANYTHING!

Back out to the MUTIPLAYER option and come in like normal. your skinned car will already be selected and it loads up BAAAAM!

Both races were great fun for me although I got pretty rough treatment at the start of race two. More on that later.

I did quite a lot of practice for the race and was able to do low 1.41's in practice with 20L of fuel. I couldnt make it stick in qual though and had to make do with a 1.42 which put me in midfield. Pretty scary with a full grid.

Start of race 1 went pretty well for me. I am always a slow starter, and slow, that is careful, in the first few corners. There are always a few that get past, but I managed to stay out of trouble and didn't lose very many places. Once the field settled down I had a had a good race to 8th. Thegap up to the 7 guys up ahead was not huge, but it was enough to be ominous, since the reverse grid would put me in front of them at the next start.

Sure enough i got a normal start, for me, slightly slow for midfield, murder on pole. I decided in advance that I was not going to fight them, just try to hold a steady line and stay out of trouble. It seemed like all seven others on the reverse grid were determined to un-reverse it before turn 2.

They came past me on all sides. I got squashed between Emil and Ramon exiting T1. I was pushed to one side and then the other, ending up off the track on the entrance to turn 2. I rejoined in about 16th.

Somewhere after hanger straight someone spun in front of me 90 degrees to the traffic and I could not avoid him. Luckily my car was not severely damaged and I could continue from down in about 22nd place.

That was my ration of being knocked about out of the way and from then on my race could really begin. I had a good race from there with lots of good clean competitive driving and ended up back in about 11th or 12th.

No more reverse grid pole for me! I know what i will do next time I am in 8th place in race one. I will stop and let someone overtake me! I know my place. No way I will start on a reverse pole. Midfield is probably the most dangerous place to start the race, but its a picnic compared to being put in front of 7 guys all bent on immediately correcting the "injustice" of having to start behind someone who finished behind them. Guys you have 30 minutes to sort it out, you don't have to have it done by turn 2.

omg i would like so bad to race this but hmm its so freaking late for me :( 3.45 am it will be for me if i hear my clock ringing i might join ya
so make me a pink pussy oh and ofc i will ride my M3 GTR if i made it

BVM Virgin M3GTR @ RD

bmw_m3gtr_24h_final_VPe.png

Very nice event for me.

First of all, congrats for your fair-play, really clean and respectful from everyone I crossed. It was my first race ever on this sim (I come from GTR-GTR2 and rFactor) so I was quite happy to see I was in a good pace for a first time. I didn't practice so much as I know the track by heart. Moreover, I find the car easier than in GTR2 or in rFactor (endurance series mod), maybe a bit too much IMO. However, I had the luck to find the setup I need quickly by some adjustments.
The Lister Storm was really perfect for this track, despite a lack of top speed.

Quali : Nearly perfect lap, I'll start on pole.

Race 1 : The main problem was the top speed, but I had enough gap to keep the car in first position. Then, I cruised to the win when others are fighting hard.

Race 2 : Funnier but much more difficult as well. With my low topspeed, I played everything on the downforce. That's why I was very agressive. In fact, without agressivity, it was impossible to overtake anyone with this Lister Storm. Sometimes too much when I touched rear of Yves' car and Yuri's car (for the last one, I discovered it after checking the replay, I didn't feel anything during the race :(). Really sorry for that. I did my best to come back but after taking second position, my tires were a little worned. I decided to come back calmly on Emil to save my tires until the right moment. He had problem as well with his tires visibly, sliding a lot : with pressure, I was able to overtake him finally to claim first position. Without this small mistake from him, I wouldn't have won this second race : he was defending very well but that's racing.

Very happy about this event, thanks for the organisation !! I start thinking about RDGTC if it remains any seat, let's see how the things will go...

See you later ;)

Very cool racing tonight. Bram talked about Silverstone and GTs this afternoon. Took a quick look and signup.

Had no idea which car to pick and had no setup. After trying the Austin, it was too nervous for me. (long time ago that I tried GTs)
Repicked the Audi and Bram talked some setup settings. Tried it and was in midfield during practice. It was a bit too stiff for my driving likings and did a default reset.
Change a few settings to get around Silverstone and to my own surprise it worked out.

Qualified in 5th or so? Forgot really. The start was superb, jumped to P2 but on lap 4 I downshifted too fast in the fast left/right/left part (after T1) and lost it completely heading for grass and the barrier. I decided to release the brakes and gave a bit of throttle and it worked out. Could just get a bit of grip back on the grass to avoid contact and joined track in 5th place again.
During the remainder of the race I had some good constant race pace and could gain a few places. If I am correct I finished 3rd or 4th.

Second race started good as well. Not that good as race 1, butstill good enough. After a while Yves lost it at the front (i think it was Yves) and the others could sneak through. Drove soon in P4 and hoped to close the gap to Lee but he was holding it nicely and even increased the gap with some tenths.
Then my tyres worked out and others starting to struggle. I saw a chance of passing Lee on the inside and just mid corner I felt the touch with Lee. Didn't knew that this pushed him a bit in the grass losing a position, otherwise I would have given my position up. Sorry mate, didn't notice the small love kiss was that rude. Will make it up with you in a future race :)

During both races I had a nice fight with David Z. Great driving mate, very fair. Love it this way :)

Grats to the alien winner :) No-one was a match for him.

The second race was fantastic from me. Had to start from midfield and after some setup changes the Koenigsegg finally felt good to go! Outstandings fights with Yuri and a chasing Yves LaGT :thumb:

Race 1 however was a drama, I ended up in the back of the field after some spinning and I was pretty surprised that a few people have absolutely no clue about (online) racing. (why not open a topic in the forum if you have questions how to act on the track?).

For example a defending car can only change lanes one time! That means no blocking or even ramming when the attacker is coming through and is clearly faster. Be a gentleman stick to the rules and avoid unnecessary contact. I put myself on report for chatting (Lee you were right!) and an unprofessional move on the driver involved as well but the steam was coming out of my ears from his really strange behavior (no excuse though). So +1 infraction point for me I fear :thumb:

Nevertheless the second race made up a lot and had a great time battling on the track. Compliments to almost all drivers from putting up a great show of skills tonight as it went really really fast :thumb:

Great event this! Really fun. Mickael was just too quick I'm afraid. During practice I was about .6-8 of a second behind so I thought that just maybe, maybe this could be a fight in the race. How wrong was I? I qualified second, with Mickael 1.2 seconds ahead. In the first race I messed up my start, worked my way up to second with Mickael 30 seconds ahead by the finish line. He was just gone.

In race two I got a fairly good start, being fourth by the end of Chapel. After a couple of laps I managed to take the lead after a collision between first and second at Vale. I started to pull away from P2, slowly, trying to preserve my tires, because I followed Mickael's progress through the field and realized that he would catch up. When he got in to P2 I drove as fast as I could (over-drove it even). He caught me up in three laps and well. It wasn't a fight really. I tried to defend the best I could, but I made a mistake at Stowe, and that was that. After that I just backed off and held on to my second place. :redface:

I did my best to come back but after taking second position, my tires were a little worned. I decided to come back calmly on Emil to save my tires until the right moment. He had problem as well with his tires visibly, sliding a lot : with pressure, I was able to overtake him finally to claim first position. Without this small mistake from him, I wouldn't have won this second race : he was defending very well but that's racing.
Yes, it was great fun, although I felt that you were playing with me all the time. You were just taking it easy while I was fighting to keep the pace up. You would have won it anyhow. You didn't need a mistake from me, you could have just driven past if you wanted, or so it felt at the time. It was really fun racing with you, I'm just disappointed with myself not being able to drive as fast as you do and for making that mistake. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back