RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Edward Leake

Bah pc frooze on me for some reason :( 3rd mini enduro race and 1st time this has happened!

Qualified 10th, got a good start passed 2 guys how had run into each other on the 2nd corner, then fighting behind M Tommn which was fun (I dont think I touched you at all, but 200ms ping is fun! wasnt to bad though). Up to 7th

2nd lap 2nd corner was battling with M Tommn and as I am turning in, wack, ed leake has steamed up the inside and gone straight on into me! down to 9th. M Tommn has ended up behind me in the chaos though!

Sorry Chris I was avoiding the lagger in front of me, I kept getting him pop in and out and I thought I was going to hit him but he had just 'stalled' for a second with lag, I moved to avoid and unfortunately just tagged you, albeit slowly (thankfully), hope you didn't sustain any damage dude?

Last race I recall you got spun by Paolo and I collected you, we seem to be magnetically attracted at the moment! :)

Aside from that I had a clean race, was bumper to bumper with Lemon for 10+ laps and it was ace, just about touching but not quite all the way around... great stuff!

Qualified 12th after struggling with my setup, managed to jump 2 places off of the line, clean first corner and kept it there.

After the scrape with Mr Noble I was in 8th and kept it there for a while, had a minor off but because it was close to the start it let two guys through including Chris... so just deserts really. :)

I eventually found myself cruising in 10th and sticking to Lemon like... erm, Lime? Lemon pitted, I opened up and gained several seconds on 8th place man... then he pitted, I started to gain on 7th and the same again. I made it up to 5th about 35 minutes in.

Tyre warning came at 40 minutes (doh) and I started to drop back, slowly dropping in to the clutches of Leung who was a good half second faster than me on his fresh rubber, I tried to make my car as wide as possible but he found his way past... with some of my paint. ;)

I chased him down and tried to keep on him, a few laps and he was 1 second ahead, then he makes an error and I'm ahead. 10 minutes left, he passes me, 7th place guy is some 25 seconds off so I cool down and drop my pace to nurse the car home for the last 9 minutes and finish 6th.

Good race guys. :thumb:

Hi,

First, thanks to Race Department for setting this evening up.

Great night. First few laps were great, the first half was ok, then something happened with the car, the bank end was not so gripping. So I went in for new tyres but made no difference. It could of been I started with a full tank and as it went down :noidea:

Great fun this evening, had a ok start braked a bit early for turn 1 and lost a few places but avoided the carnage of spinning Mini's.
Had some great battles with tail end of the field side by side a few times. Apologies to David Lemon after I went off track and I had to come back on or i'd clip the wall, spin and cause a bigger incident so apologies for that.
Eventually had to pit as I was losing time with knackered tyres and I could of finished much higher had I looked after the tyres better in the early laps.
Eventually finished in front of Victor Shaw and someone else but I could of been much higher.

Time to set up new PC I think in time for the league race.

Thanks everyone for the pretty much incident free race. :thumb:

Man ... next time no pit ... was enjoying battling with Roy (Carless) and someone else for 8 9 10 spot for what seemed like 5 mins (great fun, hope all was ok with my driving, but my setup sucked!!?) but then 35 mins in needed to pit ... bad idea this time around - dropped back to 16th or 17th and not many others pitted - :doh:

Got back to about 11th ... but then I would say there was a dubious overtake under blue flags (slowed slightly and moved over on back straight to let leader past, and the guy behind slipstreamed the leader and passed me as well... hmmm ... not gonna complain, quick thinking, but not sure it is exactly "all honourable and above board", or is it?).

Messed up after that trying to get the place back, had a bit of close racing near the end and nudged someone a couple of times, sorry, but I got nudged back by him whilst just about recovering an oversteer, and promtly got punted into the grass :lol:
Bloke behind let me back in front again - whoever you were sir, thanks, but weird thing is, I think I got blue flagged to let you in front of me on either last or next to last lap ... most strange!

Anyhow ... enjoyed it immensely - just not good at Estoril, and could not find a sub 2 mins line nor setup for the life in me ... someone send me a setup eh and put us all out of our misery :D

See you next week hopefully ... cheers chaps :thumb:

PS PC didn't crash tonight -woohhoo! ... Chris try the latest 177.92 Nvidia drivers (if you are on Nvidia - 177.83 suck big time on my PC and crashed it several times now during races both on and offline!)

• Scott Michaels

Not bad considering I hadnt driven these cars before practice. I started well enough although Pirro was suprisingly slow and a bit laggy, which caught me out a few times. Going into T7 on the first lap I got a phone call, didn't answer it but i was distracted, missed the apex and got drilled by Sol, which dropped me down and gave me suspension damage. After getting used to the changed characteristics I managed to fight back through to 3rd but the leaders were long gone, so I spent the next 40 mins or so chasing them. With about 10 minutes to go I suddenly appeared in 2nd and started reeling in the leader at a second or two a lap, but needed maybe 2 more laps to catch him.
Fun race, I quite like these cars. Grats Pirro, cya next time!

• Edward Leake

I found Estoril particularly tricky, probably my setup, my best time was a 2:00.009 and I simply couldn't get in to the 1:59's. :(

It's worth noting 3rd down to 12th was separated by 0.5 seconds in qualy! I was 12th, if I had found just a few more tenths... :D

• Sol Leung

Sorry Guys, on the first lap my pc got crash to desktop, then it came back into the game. It seems to be crashed by the nvidia driver again. I'm sorry if i caused any accident when my car was lacked on the track. Very Sorry!! :frown:

After it finally resume back into the game (i think around 15 sec...), i was down to Pos.25 from Pos.3, and on the next 60 mins, i was racing very hard to try and gain back some positions.:fencing:

In the closing stage, i managed to get pass Edward and finished off the race in P5 with a damaged Mini. :peace:(Great Battle Edward!! :thumb:)

Overall, it was a very fun event, except my CTD problem. Now i'm worried if it'll happen again tom in the league race. :pray:

Ahh yeah just remembered - IF my driving was a bit erratic on 1st to 3rd laps (where I lost several places from grass-tracking and wandering around all over the place on track), its cos I was physically wandering around!
My office chair broke free of the brace affair I use to keep it in place ...
Bit of a disaster ... was sliding around trying to keep it on track, whilst maintain my place and not cause any chaos ... all the while, sliding around the tiled floor here like a drunken giraffe on ice!! :scared:

Managed to get it hooked back in place which is when I ended up in the grips of Roy and Co ...

Enjoyed that one tonight guys, from what i could see it was good clean racing. Got my first tyre warning on lap 24 and the next on lap 27 but even then the car did not feel too bad and you still got the feeling you could push although u had to watch it under braking.
Like the cars and track fine myself but that could be that the cars are not all that quick between the gears so plenty of time for a swig of beer on the straight :pound:

• Edward Leake

In the closing stage, i managed to get pass Edward and finished off the race in P5 with a damaged Mini. :peace:(Great Battle Edward!! :thumb:)

Good racing dude, I was a little slower than you with my ruined tyres but I made my car nice and wide to try and stop you getting by! :D

I managed to keep within a second of you for a number of laps but once it dropped to 2 seconds I slowed off and nursed the car to the finish. Good pace. :thumb:

Strated from 6. position. Good start and was able to hold position. After some trouble in front I was 4. Then nice fight with Scott. Few times changed position with him, all fair :D great. Then the pase of scot was getting better and better and he pushed away from me. Nice pace:thumb:. After Patrick went for pit stop 9 sec infont of me on p2, and came out c.a. 20 sec behind me and 25min left I was hoping to hold the 3. place. But The tyres was getting worse and I lost about 2 sec per lap. Its inapprehensible for me how Pirro in front and Scott on p2 was able to get these insane pace with same no pit stop strategy as me, lol :thumb: respekt :D. On 6 min left, Patrick had me lol. I was trying to defend position and to make it a bit hard for him , but no chance with 2sec slower per lap.
Finaly I finished on p4 :cool: great race, really fun , pleasure to race with y all :cool:
Gratulation P1 Pirro P2 Scott and P3 Patrick

quali 13th :doh::doh::doh::doh:

Picked up suspension damage in turn 4 car facing the wrong way OUCH.
Just pushed as hard as I could had great fight with Nigel and Lee for many laps great fun guys. First tyre warning on lap 29!!

Finished 8th so all round a good nights work

Many thanks Racedeptment :thumb::thumb:

This was my worst Mini race yet :( Qualified 10th but not that far off the pace but my race was effectively ruined on lap 1 when Fekete hit me from behind and spun me, I was then pummeled by the rest of the pack!! needless to say he carried on his merry way (what happened to waiting), leaving me stone last, Oh well, no point in complaining :violin:there's always next week :Hamm3rHed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.3%