RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

damn damn damn damn damn :doh:
machine crashed with 10 mins to go in qualifying ... rebooted, had some weird "noise" effect on No1 screen (I have dual view).
2 more reboots, finally cleared up ... by the time I got to the server, race had already started and I couldn't get back in ... how gutted am I - don't ask! :Cry:

Man I think the 177.83 Nvidia drivers are the cause of this - never had any beef whatsoever before they were installed.

Anyhow ... hope you lot had a rather pleasant evening up in Porto ... nice warming up with you :thumb: ... just wish I could have been there to witness the rest of the carnage :evil:

(and Nigel, that's the last time I post up a setup for you to use :lol: - be nice to see what you finished up with from it to get yourself that 2:04 ... hint hint :wink:)

good good good race!at first i was afraid 'cause porto is very dificult but it was a clean and fair race,i start at 16th position and finish at 6th with a car broken and very hard to drive,could not stay for the 2nd,i get up very earlier tomorow ,see you all on the track later!!:thumb:

1st race was really good!
The whole race I had a close battle with Simon.
2nd race was not so good. 1st lap in the last chicane, someone braked a bit earlier than I expected and I had to go another way so that I wouldn't hit him, and I crashed and my race was over.

On a side note, my parents were in town and my Dad, looking over my shoulder kept telling me, "wrong gear" - "too fast" - "why are you losing speed on the straight, fix your setup". I had fun driving, and I think he had fun watching us battle it out. It felt like he was watching the races on TV and he thought we all did a good job. Thanks for the wrecker free enviroment again....

See you guys around.

That's hysterical! :D:pound:

(and Nigel, that's the last time I post up a setup for you to use :lol: - be nice to see what you finished up with from it to get yourself that 2:04 ... hint hint :wink:)

hehe, the 2:04.*** was my fastest and it got me 3rd on the grid :thumb:
didn`t change anything else.

shame about the pc crash m8 :(

Race 1 started 3rd and held my position, manged to keep up with the 1st 2 for a few laps but was really nervous about the final chicane. luckly the 4th place car couldn`t get closer than 1 or 2 secs. so just tried to stay focused and finish in 3rd. which i did just lol.

Race 2 i hit a spinning Vectra after T2. and towards the end of the lap got caught out by a realy early braking bemmer at that chicane. ow well had 1 good race :(

I spent ages practicing and was just getting the hang of it in the last few mins of quali.

Race 1: Avoided the carnage and was running decently then I crashed on about lap 4.

Race 2: Got an ok start then on the 2nd straight there was a slow Vectra that had hit the wall but after watching the replay had time to hit escape before I creamed into the back of it. Rolled, pitted the suspension repairs then went straight on at turn 1 with cold tyres.

Time to look forward to the Min's now. :D

Qualifying

Was on for 3rd but Henrik had to pull out so I started 2nd with Patrick in 1st.

Race 1

Solid start, nothing rash and decided best to follow Patrick into T1 and settle down and see how the race would pan out. Patrick was slightly faster than me but made occasional mistakes that meant he never pulled out much of a lead. Made a couple of attempts but nothing drastic. Well done Patrick on the win.

Race 2

Starting 7th, after a strange Vauxhall incident I was up to 3rd with Patrick very close behind. Stuck behind Ian with some very strange braking points I had to make a move before the final chicane which I did just, unfortunately Patrick didn't and was caught out. I'm sorry Ian if you felt that move was a bit rash, but I kept almost going into you & I had a very quick Patrick trying to pass me.
Chasing down Chris quickly, then he made a mistake at the chicane and completely blocked it and with no where to go I went into the barriers and killed the engine.

So Race 1 was great, Race 2 was disappointing, but thats how Porto goes.
Anyone up for more Porto racing perhaps? :D

• Andrew Evans

porto: so much fuuuun!

race 1: got from deep teens to 8th over the first lap only to throw it all away at the final chicane... nooblet setup by me was useful for most of the lap - but a bit knife edge through there... had a decent gap to 9th and tried to spin it round the right way... failed - had to quit as the rest of the field came steaming in :D

race 2: same again... mid-teens to 4th... chased down ian for a couple of laps.. ended nerfing him slightly after misjudging his break point for the first chicance... all was good, we continued and keith joined the fray... a nice bit of three way action came to a crunchy end at the final chicane though... managed to get going again only to drive straight into the tyre barriers in turn 1 and that was the end of that....

moar porto plox! :wink:

LOL @ Nigel ... know what you mean about that chicane ... it is spectacular though if you manage to hit it bob on ... eg accelerating into it in 4th gear and exiting still accelerating hard in 5th!!
I know I could get a 2:05 in the Honda with my final setup, was nearly there during quali but messed up towards the end of the lap ... 2:04 though ... that must have felt pretty special in the honda :clap:

... meanwhile, back in the pits, I upgraded to the latest Nvidia beta drivers ... so lets see what happens with them, hopefully no more of these rediculous crashes I have been getting lately!

Whilst you were racing, I think I might have just nabbed the last free slot in the mini endurance race tomorrow night ... so might see some of you there ... better go check which circuit it is at now :twitch:

[EDIT: defo more Porto racing, fantastic track once you get used to skimming past the walls at treeeemendous speeds!]

I left at the end of practice/start of qualy as i just couldnt learn the track or get the hang of it :( it didnt help that id been to school to day and am nackerd! i just couldnt concerntrate which ive never had in Real life before for the last 3 years :( in a car/kart but just came making mistakes and was just going to ruin it for everybody else but either mising a breaking point and going into the back of someone or just spinning in middle of track.

So i thought i would leave it and let the guys have some fn but will be in the minis :)

• Razvan Pat

Name on RD forum: Razvan Pat
Name in game: Razvan Pat
Your Country: Romania
Control: Logitech Formula Force EX
Car: Radicals SR3 230HP
Special remarks: *** Prepared to step aside

Well i had a shocking start to race 1 when i locked up the brakes in turn one and went sliding into the side of Darren spinning him :sorry: decided to keep going rather than have another obstacle blocking the path. Could not get it together after that and ended up crashing out on lap 7.
Race 2 was not much better and i had to pit after loosing my front spoiler and came out into a pile of smoke from a Honda with a knackered engine, unlapped myself by passing him and it was pretty incident free after that until i came up behind the same car some laps later with his engine still blowing smoke everywhere , lost some time trying to find my way around through all the smoke :mad2: which he thought was fun but i am afraid i did not.

thanks guys for showing up and thanks to RD for letting me organize such event :thumb:

qualif: i manage to qualify 3th les then .500 from sol and steve

race 1: had a good start and passed sol and steve before turn 1, a very good fight with sol for a couple of laps then i lost the rear end and thought i've done it like a big boy all by myself but after watching the replay that sol gave me a tiny push thats why he let me take my place back ( nice done sol :thumb: ). that gave steve the lead, after that in the same curve a lost it again and this time all by myself and when trying to keep control i hit sol trowing him off the track, sorry i both ruined our race. from there me and sol decided to have our own fun always keeping close to each other :pound: tim don,t worry about the hit, its racing and sometimes we push too hard :thumb:

race 2: started third again and once again had a good start and took the lead at turn 1 just to find out that sol was once again on my rear bumper and i said to myself " omg its a rerun of race 1 " :pound:i once again lost the rear end but this time didn't hit anyone and when i came back i was 4th, i manage to catch steve and passed him in turn 1 while he was running wild :amen: thanks for the easy pass steve :pound:

in the overall it was a very fun event, had a blast even if there was not much people in it. thanks guys for the clean fair races :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes