RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Quali 18th - Made drastic changes in the race 2 minute countdown.... I have no idea why!
Race 1:- was on for a 10th going into the final 4 corners with Bart closing the gap. Started to drift right and went into Bart.
Thanks for waiting Bart but there was no need to. I went into you causing myself to spin.
Finished 13th (I think).

Race 2:- Had to quit out after spinning and stopped on the racing line. Sorry if I put anyone off.

My first event in these cars. They make for gr8 racing and it was aplenty on the track.

Race 1, quailed 10th, got a nice start and then lost in T2 and hit the wall. Race over.

Race 2. started at the back of the field, thought I'd take it easy for the first few laps and let everyone sort themselve out. Had some nice battles but then about half way into race had a spin and lost front aero. Pitted and came out last but seem to have a bent front left as steering wasn't straight. Finished 10th.

Will definately have to do somemore pracci with these cars for next event.

Thx Mr B for putting on the event, gr8 job and thanks to RD for the support.

Nearly forgot, thx guys for the gr8 racing. See ya all next time.

really good racing - i'll post more tomorrow as i'm a little knackered!

too many names to mention - especially in race 1 - constantly swapping positions.

ended up fulfilling my nakajima prophecy in both races by have one wee mistake costing me a wing (wing and wheel in race 2!).

thanks for organising. i'll be back!

That was the muts, I'd forgotten about the do or die, take no prisoners attitude though.
So, race one, where I started from 7th, was just about survival. I didn't do too well either. Finished 11th and one lap down.
Grats to the podium.

The afore mentioned attitude, began to come back to me, as race two was getting going. I was still being patient, just not so soft. When I got to 3rd, Richard and Michal had 14 n 15 secs respectively, on me. I never got it below 8 n 1/2 but had built up a good lead over 4th, which still seemed to be hard-fought right up until the end.
Grats to Michal and Richard.

Nice racing tonight, despite my inability, to cut it, in race one. Thanks gents

Thanks David, for letting this part-timer, hang around.

Absolutely great couple of completely different races round there. Thanks to all :thumb:

Race 1 - blinding start, jumped a couple of spots and was in 3rd ... couple of laps in Tim goes all weird on me and his car is stopped dead right in front of me in T1, then jumps off track as I fear I am gonna hit him. :eek: Turns out he had problems.
I was then 2nd ... could not keep up with Arno - he was way outta my league round here.
Long race on my own managing gap back to Michal in 3rd ... then in my mirrors I see Tim coming back ... I push harder, keep it constant for a few laps at 1.3 secs, then I make a mistake and Tim is on me. I defended as hard as I could ... Tim nearly had me and we were side by side into next but last turn, but a bit of a 50 50 touch with not too much consequence and I managed to hold the inside and take 2nd on the line. Sorry for the knock Tim ... but great racing mate - you were way quicker than I in reality.

Race 2 ... another rocket start and I gain a few places once more off the line. Tim and Bob are in front, then at the top of the hill into the tight hander Tim and Bob get all over the place, Bob goes slightly sideways and with nowhere else to go I plough straight into him.
I pulled out of the way and waited for Bob (who was now last) to come back past, as it was kinda my shunt that tipped the barrel and made you go sideways and lose it completely mate :tits:.

Anyways ... I had a lot of fun working my way back through the pack, some fun moments with Bob, Nuno and Bart (thx for the gentlemanly stuff mate :thumb:) ... made it to 5th or so near the end, but overgassed it for the first and only time tonight in front of Martin out of the next to last turn so let him back past :wink2:

One comment ... thought a couple of drivers mid pack were being a bit "overzealous" with their defending tactics tonight ... remember, respect each other and try to avoid contact, one change of direction - once you chose your line stick to it (no easing across in front of people!) ... if someone is inside you and has got the pass / corner, be a gent and give them space, and if you are quick enough, follow them for a bit and get back past them - don't whack into them as if you didn't know they were there ... :rolleyes:

Excellent fun all round though - thanks again Dave and RD :thumb:

Fantastic racing tonight, race 1 was a bit lonely after the first few laps although I did have a coming together with Bart sorry about that mate :thumb:

Race 2 though was a battle from start to finish and some of the best fun I have had without any females being involved :laugh2: are there any plans for a league with these cars ? that would be awesome, thanks for setting it up Dave, also when is the next GT night going to be ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes