RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

...The first post talks about a rolling start, I think that's a generic post... On this track it doesn't make much sense to do a full lap before starting.

Let's start the race after Tertre Rouge, just don't forget to brake earlier (smother) for Mulsanne as everyone will be on top of each other (Eric as to confirm this first). The other option would be to start after Mulsanne but then we would just be postponing the first serious corner problem to Indianapolis...
Eric what's the word on this?

I learned my lesson, don't be the one keeping the Aus Racing Team from running in together in a pack, else one may be seeing the world "down under". Actually it was my fault, I got a little too loose in the turn to Thunder Valley and had to lift a little to keep the rear from coming around and got a slight tap that turned my world upside down.

Looks like it was great racing all around ... hope to be able to get my race report in at least by Monday (tied up at work today and will be away on Sunday)....

See ya all next week.

<snip>
Here's a vid of back a bit further in the pack... mainly did it for Paul and Daniel Wood... the three Aus Team Racing skinned cars were all stuck together for a while was good fun!

Thanks RD, Eric, Keith :)

Hey Yves
my sis called me today to play uncle nanny today lol.....
so my nephew is sleeping on my bed...I still may join but I'll be more careful or joining late although he does sleep like a rock...still don't know if I can race and the monitor light might disturb him........
just a heads up:wink:

Well thats me out. Really struggled through the first hour with the damp track, erroded away the aero performance too.

Took my 1 hour pitstop early and tried to get the car fixed, was then fighting back but just as the car got better the car twitched on me coming through trun 1 and got onto the grass on drivers right. No chance to reduce the speed or get on track the inevitable contact with debris fencing wrote off the car. Out on the spot

Well I was dong quite well before I went out , I was ahead of some Gt pro cars, so I was happy.

As some of you might know there is a football(soocer) match on, you might think how did the macth make you crash ?
Well enter my Bro, When I was going to the braking point my bro distract me for an instance (he ask me the footy is on!), and that made me miss my braking point. And as the track was damp there was no way I could stop the crash.

Hope you guys last the race.

:(

I'd practiced this in the A4 and it had good straight line speed but was bit tricky through the twisty bits.

I'd never broken 1:30 in it and tred Abdul's setup in the Leon STCC. eventually maanged a 1:29:xx

However, went back to the A4 as I wanted to run as many laps as possible before the ATCC started.

Ran consistent low 1:30's and figured that this would be steady race pace to give me a mid pack finish( c'mon i know that I'm not going to win unless the alien's get beamed back to their home planet) but running mid pack with some good fights will be the one for me and maybe snatch a top 8.

Q1 Managed to quali in 17th with a 1:28:xx for the first time in the A4 having managed to get a clear lap.

Q2 down to 23rd of 24 with a 1:29:XX, a bit dissapointed but such is life. Figured that with a bit of luck I could nail the start and pick up some quick places and hold it. This track is trick to pass on.

R1 Plans paid off and I managed a blinding start running around 10th after the end of the first lap. Probably my best first lap effort so far. The replay show that I manage little or no contact and what there was was side to side racing incidents. Thx Will Yunck for waiting after the tap. The Disastero! framerates dropped to 6FPS as you see for the video dropping place after place and there's nothing I could do about it.

Retired back to the pits, to change some video settings for race 2. In the hope to up the frame rate.

Race 2 Started Dead last got an OK start but unfortunately John D didn't and i rear ended him. hope I didn't do any damage. SCooted off after that and made up a few places again. Few other highlights than dropping from 14th or so to last after a big roll and leap frogging Glen in the pits. Only to give it back when I ran out of fuel with 1/2 a lap to go. 20 litres my arse (I'm blaming you Keith even though that's what i'd worked out for my self).

Never the less I finished (sort of) on the lead lap! Learned a lot about the set up of the A4 which few people seem to run and as ever had great fun.

Of camping next weekend so I'll not be around on friday. See you all at Mosport for the first race of the ATCC.

Sorry folks i don't think i'm going to make this one. Family related events:sleepy: are getting in the way. If there is a chance and there is a space still open i i'll try to join in but that's going to be unlikely.

Family come first Thomas, keeping my fingers cross tho :fingers-crossed:

Thanks Yves, btw will make it for sure now, better get some practice quick though, not driven these before!

i'll be on the server in about 40 minutes ( around 21:00 GMT ) so if you need help i,ll be glad to help you :wink2:

i'd like to sign up as well, im still novice, but i would like to compete in a private server for the full length (practice,qualy and race) in stead of skipping practice.

I have GTRE installed via steam, do i need a mod of some kind? i dont recall a Camero in the list of cars in GTRE?

If the practice starts at 2200hGMT, it means it will start in about an hour, is this correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back