RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Michael Sharpe

decent races

I am glad to be able to have two competitive(ish) races in the pack without my PC fouling up like it has been recently :)

I really don't like Puebla, 15th on the grid was about right for me. In Race1 first turn someone was very cautious and slowed down early for the turn, so I had to slam on the brakes and swerve to do a brilliant avoidance, unfortunately it was too brilliant for someone behind me who bumped my back and I arrived backwards at turn2 :biggrin: after that I slogged away from the back of the pack (18th), grinding bumpers with many others, and finished 13th (should have been 12th, but a small lag sent me sideways on the final lap, giving Gaynall my position). Big thanks to Eckhart, who removed two others from in front on me late on in that race :biggrin:

Race2 was similar, my start was spoilt by lag, so I was last in the first turns. My main fight was with Mr Kollinger, who spun off early on and I hit him as he was recovering. Then we had a tough fight for a lap with many sponsor logos traded, I must say I was enjoying it, nice1 mate. In the end I was battling Gaynall again, this time I held him behind to finish 11th.

Thanks for the racing :tongue::)

great races

yep, totally agree michael: a fun way to spend saturday night!

quali: one good lap put me in 11 of 19, quite happy.

race1: got pushed in t1 by canabis, but luckily everyone was quick to react and nothing serious happened. settled in for two laps behind krister (always difficult, you don't want to shove your team mate :) ) and then for a brilliant fight with neil tennant, meaning: he tried to get passed while i played jarno trulli quite successfully. the good man touched me at least 7 times but always drew back to let me survive half a lap longer. we swapped positions twice but after six laps (?) i had to let him go. i was then gobbled up by canabis, gaynall and team mate michael js only to kick canabis out (sorry mate, my mistake :( ) and damage the car (lol, that was the incident michael referred to in his post). finished the race 15th of 15 still alive.

race2: quietly slipped past a couple of guys in laps 1 and 2 to end up 9th of 15, held that position against michael js and then m.kollinger. another trulli situation, i think i could hold out for three laps against this gentleman driver, nice fight. next up to see my rear was gaynall, but he smacked a wall (lol), so i could bring it home safely for 10th of 15. great racing all, wish there was a "gentleman of the month" thread, n. tennant would get my vote!

thx rpm and rsc for hosting these events even with the forums down, you keep the spirit alive!

Garry Pullen said:
On a side note does anyone know where I can practice and not mess anyone race up ?

hi garry, your report sounds like my first online race on a non-public server 18 months ago: rolled over on my rooof in lap1, stayed in that position only to have the field smack into me as they did lap2. i felt awful ...

best place to race is at rsc (or rpm at the moment), just keep coming back, we're all mates here as far as I can see, you'll pick up the terms of trade quickly, trust me. i now manage my own team (and am still awfully slow :) ), just goes to show, doesn't it?

Garry, dont worry, everybody had the first on-line race in their life. :)
if you find friendly folks to race with, it is the best joy in the universe. :) :) :)

let me take the chance to all Racing Club and team members to thank that you are existing guys! (ok, i stop, it is getting too emotional.... lol)

Michael Herrmann said:
check temps may cpu, ram or chipset are to hot, for me the chipset was running to hot
after i cleand up every singel part of my pc it runs smooth again no crashes till now in race 2

Thanks, maybe thats the problem, will have a closer look :)

Hope to see you all again....congrats to the winner !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hans ;)

Eckhart von Glan said:
nope, I use a router too, and with this edition of race07 I've had no connection problems at all, runs perfectly. maybe power lines were down, after all it's been a rather "windy" day in most of Europe (two dead in Germany alone ...).

@races: brilliant fun in grid1, report after replays.

Thanks for your reply...could also be the problem, but for me it wasn't the first time maybe things are running to hot.

Hope to give some competition next time :wink:

Hans.

Wow, I'm still so excited.. my very first one with you guys and I really had a very good time. Some very good fights, some bad ones too where I hit and got hit as well.

Qualy was amazing, after watching te replay of the last WTCC race @Istanbul to which I couldn't make it in time where my personal best is >3 secs slower than best, I never thought of making a place within first half.

In Race 1 I started 6th and found myself 7th after first corner and then got unter attack of beep_greg[NO-B] who passed me right the next round - very good performance, I had no weapons to defend against your amazing speed.
Nice hunting then with Michael Herrmann who I only could pass by profiting of his mistake in corner #1. Impossible then for me to close the gap to the drivers in front, so I finished amazing 6th.

So in Race 2 I found myself starting 4th position. Had a really aweful start and found myself 11th after first 3 corners. During a nice fight with J. Hoeppner I pushed a bit too hard seeing a gap where no gap was. Sorry for that Jens, I think I was just kind of upset about myself losing positions during start and lost some patience.
Due to some more errors I found myself back 13th (of 15) now meeting Michael Sharpe for a very nice fight. After passing him I could close the gap to p9 Eckart von Glan. Again some rounds with very hard work where we changed positions twice. Nice and fair work Eckart. Now I got closer to Darron Miller p8 and could pass him due to a late braking that opened the gap I needed.

Very amazing evening giving me 5 unexpected points - thanks for everyone and grats to the winners !
Its great to watch the replays, especially Chris Aponte's run through the field in race 2

and then for a brilliant fight with neil tennant, meaning: he tried to get passed while i played jarno trulli quite successfully. the good man touched me at least 7 times but always drew back to let me survive half a lap longer. we swapped positions twice but after six laps (?) i had to let him go.

well if u didnt use a parachute on ur car to brake so hard in the middle of corners i wouldnt of hit u! :lol:

wish there was a "gentleman of the month" thread, n. tennant would get my vote!

thx rpm and rsc for hosting these events even with the forums down, you keep the spirit alive!

oh puh-lease! making me all furry inside

Good racing all night!

Great Racing

Report Server 2 Puebla Special Minis 1ST March 08

Qualy:
Good Qualy for me 2ND to Nevermind on 1.37.50 ¼ second off pole

Race1:
Got knocked off during 1st lap dropping down the field , had a good drive back to 2nd by about lap 4
I tried to catch David Lemon the leader but was hardly making an impression.
:Mid race I lost concentration and went off losing 2nd place to Nevermind ,who was catching up fast.
I spent the rest of the laps watching the race for the lead from a few seconds back.
Finished Third.

Race2:
Started in P6
Had a good dice with Crazydoc for the lead and managed to give myself a 2 second cushion.
I watched the dice between Crazydoc and Nevermind in my mirrors.
I knew Nevermind would catch me if he could get past Crazydoc
Managed to hold it all together and finished 1st
Best Race lap 1.37.8

Overall:

Finished equal 1st with Nevermind with 16 points.
I also suffered from the race 2 replay bug.

Nice to see a few skins in the race , makes it more interesting.

Tel

Hi to all of our Friendly Development Series Fans and Supporters.

Because we have missed this series while the RSC Forum has been down, we have decided to re-schedule the last event and try again this weekend. I have lost all of the previous sign-up lists and event details in the forum crash, so I have tried to remember as close as possible the event details. Unfortunately, as a result of losing this info, we will have to start the sign-ups again from fresh.

Don't forget that this race will be short, tight, and will involve plenty of heavy traffic, even lots of cars being lapped, so be prepared for some different challenges to your patience and driving skills.
Please also remember to follow the FD Series spirit, this is not about results but learning or helping others to develop.

Date: Saturday 08.03.08
Practise: 18.30 GMT 60 min
Qualy: 19.30 GMT 20 min
Race: 19.50 GMT
Weather: Variable (It is England after all)

Track: Brands Hatch Indy
Laps: 2 Races * 30 laps
Cars: WTCC 06 and WTCC 07
Weather: Variable

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

If you want to participate in this event, please fill in the form you can find below. As in the previous FD Series events, there will be 2 servers open, but if more than 50 people sign up, they will be put on the reserve list.

If one or more drivers report their absence prior to the event, the grid is filled up with the drivers on the reserve list.

Thanks to Oliver, all skins have been included in one download for your convenience:
Link

Code:
Name on RSC/RPM forum: 
Name in RACE07 : 
Entry Car: 
Special remarks:
------------------------------------------------------------

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Jim Cole - Seat
  2. Shivan - Alfa
  3. Gaynall Hudgins - Seat Leon
  4. Robert Crone - Chevrolet Lacetti
  5. Canuck59NHL - Seat Leon: car skin
  6. darron miller - Seat Leon
  7. Ross Balfour - Bmw 320si
  8. Roy.S - Seat Leon
  9. Ricky Willox - Alfa 156
  10. Simon Trendell - BMW E90: car skin
  11. nico_major - BMW E46
  12. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156: car skin
  13. Nevermind - BMW E46
  14. Degreef Gregory[NO-B] - Seat Leon car skin
  15. Eckhart von Glan - Alfa 156: car skin
  16. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon car skin
  17. Neil Tennant - Seat Leon: car skin
  18. Terry Harmer - Leon/Chevy car skin
  19. LuisR - Seat Leon
  20. ingemar petersson - Seat 06
  21. David Lemon - Seat Leon
  22. Gareth Hickling - Seat Leon
  23. Chris Browne - Alfa 156
  24. victor shaw - Seat Leon
  25. Theo de Bruin - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Jamie Wilson - Seat Leon
  2. CrazydocBZH - Seat Leon: car skin
  3. dane[BZH] - ?
  4. Jojo - Seat car skin
  5. Geoffrey Heuzard - Seat leon 07
  6. Sébastien Poidevin - Seat leon
  7. Sylvain Mirlaud - Seat Leon
  8. Sven De Nys - Chevy 07
  9. James Yates - Seat Leon car skin
  10. Patrick van Driel - Seat Leon
  11. Attila Domjan - Seat Leon
  12. Lawrence Shaw - Seat
  13. pauliebhoy - Seat Leon
  14. Paul Bordeau - Seat Leon
  15. Alonso[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  16. Oliver Amos - Seat Toledo
  17. Ben Tusting - Seat Leon
  18. Marco [NO-B] - Seat Leon
  19. Jerome Benard - Alfa 156
  20. Mehmet Arikan - Seat Leon
  21. Jari Vinnari - Chevy 07
  22. Tobias Röhner - BMW E46
  23. Jacco Cornelissen - Seat
  24. Christophe Burton - Seat Leon
  25. Michael Sharpe - Chevy

Reserves
  1. Stephane Dejoux - Seat Leon: car skin
  2. Jerome Benard - Alfa
  3. Driver

Name on RSC/RPM forum: Gearjammer
Name in RACE07 : Jim Cole
Control: DFP Wheel
Entry Car: SEAT
Special remarks: Sign me up tentatively. I have to see about getting a new job and am not absolutely sure I can make it, but will do my best. :)

Code:
Name on RSC/RPM forum: Christophe Burton
Name in RACE07 : Christophe Burton
Control: Logitech Momo Racing Steer
Entry Car: Seat Leon
Special remarks: I hope i can drive this time

Do you can put me in the reserve list:) plz

i race with this skin:)
74f6036ef745bb8b0eead7cd3fe6f25d.jpg

Hi Garry,
Attila had told you too everyone had the first race, so no problem I understand so don't worry, there is no one will like to start with the reverse must be a mistake and forget about that and just prepare for the next race ok?

Is ok, no problem, I know that you did not mean to do that, but I just know that something happen to your car but I don't know what was the problem, anyway is alright don't worry no problem.

See you in next race

Jojo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 92 91.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 28 27.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 33 32.7%