RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Matt Crouch

Got these positions from AutoSim analyzer so not convinced they're all correct. Seems like the patch may have. improved this though. It says my DNQ quali position at Mt. LR was 18th though and iirc I started 20th..

Shame about my mic problems :(

Shot 1: Nurburgring Mullenbach
- Q14 - P15
This one was always going to be a bit crazy. Lots of position switches mostly with Neil, Evans, Goldthrap, Laurance and Ivo... Unfortunately spun Ivo around lap 11 which lost us both a few.

Shot 2: Charade - Q8 - P9
Not my favourite track. Just got over the line in quali... lost lots of places as the race went on cause I was slow, but made some back through good fortune ;)

Shot 3: Donington National - Q12 - P7
Good race, swapped positions with Rob a few times in the last few laps. There was one corner which I always seemed to take faster than whoever was in front which was a bit scary.

Shot 4: GP200 - Q4 - P8
Ho ho ho. Hard enough to get a few clean laps in with a long practice session. Cars everywhere but fun. Good quali and start but lost places fast.

Shot 5: Le Mas Du Clos - Q8 - P6
Probably my favourite, more relaxed than the others. A big gap opened behind when I saw a car get swiped away in my mirror and the whole field get held up ;). Was looking good for 5th until a mistake on the final lap gave me a puncture. Lost 5th to Ries and very nearly 6th to Nigel.
p.s. Gary, if you call me going in a straight line on a straight while you drive into the side of me squeezing then I guess I am the master of squeezing :p

Shot 6: Monaco '88 - Q19 - P9
Cut the chicane on my quali lap so started near the back. Worked my way through the field up to P9 where I followed nigel around. Was through to 8th but messed it up on rascasse by clipping the inside and stopping.

Shot 7: Alastaro - Q3 - P18 (DNF)
Lucky P3 in Q... Bit hectic as the track was new to most (me included). Dropped like a stone. Got a puncture at the end of the first lap and while moving out of the way of people behind hit some tyres and killed my car. Finally a chance for a rest.

Shot 8: Cadwell - Q5 - P7
Lift off oversteer all over the place. I was just dancing around Laurance, getting close and then spinning off.

Shot 9: Limerock Mountain - Q20 - P6
Woop, crossed the finish line on the quali lap about 1 second after the "next session" = DNQ. started at the back and worked up basically

In short: Non-stop actionmobiles. 2 punctures and 1 DNF but a lorra lorra good races. Lots of bad driving from me as expected :D

Server is now up and running: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM RDSTL

Can somebody please try to connect and report if it works with the new patch?

If you haven't patched up automatically, please close and restart your steam so your client will update!

Notes From the Back Marker

Qualified 17: Messed up on entrance to T7 ... even if I hadn't, would have only made 15th if I was lucky

Race 1:

Lap 1: I guess every one thought they were offering free topless car washes in turn 1 as I drop back to 21st to allow the suckers to get there first. Kevin and Bob tangle (Bob must have thought it safer to cut through the grass than mix with the gaggle in T1) so I come out of T1 in 19th.

Jarrod looks to have forgotten the chicane at T9 and goes wide, bounces back on the track collecting Peter. Marcel slows to avoid the mess and is punted hard by Lewis and ends up rolling and tumbling into the grass. Somehow I thread the needles and come out 15th.

Lap 2: Daniel out-brakes me into T1, but we have slight contact as he can't quite hold the inside line, down to 16th.

More mayhem ahead sends me to 11th.

Lap 3: Paul gets into my right rear quarter panel exiting T6 which gets me a little out of shape. I gather it back up as Paul holds back. Now I'm in Lucky 13th.

Lap 5: Will has pulled himself back up and is pressing me hard.

Lap 6: I've moved to 12th after Daniel loses ground after a tangle in T8. End the lap in 11th (must have passed someone in the pits).

Lap 7: Finally let Will by, moving me back to 12th.

Lap 8: I'm in 9th after Will and others pit, I'll be pitting next time by for 4 tires

Lap 9: Man, that's a long pit road! -- come out 16th

Lap 10: Some how I am now back to lucky 13 (more folks in the pits?) Kevin is just flying out of the pits and blows by in T1.

Lap 13: I am now gaining on Kevin, but it looks like the laps will wind down before I can reach him.

Lap 14: Perhaps I will let Glenn by (who appears to be at least a lap down) in hopes that he can pressure Kevin for me.

Lap 16: Nope, didn't work, Kevin just went faster. Finish Lucky 13!

Race 2

Lap 1: Seems that folks didn't realize that there weren't any free topless car washes in T1 (just free towing service), so I slip back to 18th coming into T1

Lap 2: Down to 19th. This time it's Daniel into my right rear coming into T6. Daniel holds back while I gather it back.

Lap 8: I am now 11th after passing those in the pits (and some other miscues?) and I am trying to pressure Jarrod who is battling with Luis. However, Ryan thinks he is better suited to that task and flies by me going into T7. Brandon tries to follow him coming out of T7 but can't quite keep his car inside -- again the right rear quarter panel (gotta check for a bulls-eye sticker there --- yeah that must be it!) spins me around into the grass with suspension damage -- oh well, I was pitting this time round anyway. Enter the pits 13th (with the long pit road and repairs I should have brought some reading material). Come out 18th.

[replay is not showing lap numbers]

It's real lonely out here now, but I am up to 16th even though I haven't seen a soul (just like offline practice). Now 15th, but where is everybody? What's that speck I see ahead, it's Bob and somehow I am now in 14th. I've been so alone and I need some company, so I start reeling Bob in. Only a couple laps left and I'm finally on his tail by T8. If I can just get by him, I'll be in Lucky 13 again!

Last lap, T7 is my only hope. I go in deep and tight on the inside. Bob doesn't go as wide as I hoped and we rub fenders. So as not to wreck us both, I push hard to make T8 before he does and go a little too hard and brush the wall on exit (sorry Bob didn't mean to scare you like that, but it was the final lap).

Finish Lucky 13 again with a 12th place standing overall.

ATCC looks very promising. Should be challenging and fun.....

Sorry about that had a big run on you Then i saw that target and could not resist. JK.

No problem, looking at the replay from your ride, I would of tried the same... Hmmmm as a matter of fact I think I did the same on Bob in the final lap (only, darn it, there was no sticker :shock: on his car, so we only rubbed fenders:wink2:).

Now if you had done it three times (like Stremme did to R. Gordon this Monday at Pocono), well, then :terminator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes