RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

First off, sorry Will for turning you upside down. Had my nose where it should not have been.
Second off, my pit windows weren't working properly. Nothing would be green when I entered the pit, so I would have to manually make the picks. And my top selection wouldn't let me choose different pit strategies. I had to pit 3 times in the first race before it worked and then in the second race, I changed to lefts and took off but then got DQ'd for not changing tires. Don't understand and got frustrated. errrr.
Thanks for setting up the event Eric, and the track Keith. Good racing guys.

Very nice event for me plodding along in the FWD WTCC motors :),never a dull lap really,i think my saviour was deciding to go for new rear tyres instead of the usual 2 fronts,the thought of that track with a overly wayward backend gave me the shudders....i enjoyed a nice feeling car to the end.
Race 2 was another busy affair trying to hang on with the front pair,little errors along the way to lose a place or two but all good,i got over excited with my turning off pit limiter early trick and got a S&G which cost me a very good stab at the win,moral of the story..."Dont try and be a smartarse" :p.
Well done the podiums tonight and good job everyone i raced near on such a track full of so many different lines and opportunties for "sucker punches",common sense prevailed!.
Many Thanks Eric et' Keith au RD :good:

Surprised I was competitive, having not played the game for two months till yesterday, but it was quite an easy and short track to learn so that helped.

Started 3rd for Race 1, ran a few seconds behind Brandon and Keith and a few seconds ahead of Marty and Abdul. Pitted and it was pretty much status quo. I got a stop/go for cutting however after I clipped the grass exiting turn 3 and went all the way down the grass along the straight lol. That dropped me to 9th but Adam seemed to have to pit again so I inherited 8th for race two pole.

Race 2 - Michael jumped me off the start and I slotted in behind. Lap 2, corner one, I had a great run at him and broke down the inside. I outbraked myself a little and we touched side by side, nothing much but it gave him a puncture, apologies Michael. I immediately slowed to wait for him but he quit so I carried on, now in third though. Got second as Phil had a huge moment a couple of turns later and very gradually ate into Marty's lead while holding Brandon at arms length, who had got past Gary after his overtake attenmpt on me cost him a place. Brandon and I pitted in tandem, I passed Michael C but as Brandon tried to follow through they touched and that released the pressure on me.

Marty somehow came out of the pits behind me, witness to a lolsome incident as I entered turn one and he exited the pits. I was coming past Luis and Jarrod (for position, though I had pitted). Into turn one Luis shot down the inside of both of us and t-boned Jarrod, rolling him. I was in the lead and aside from a quick Gary showing his nose (he had to serve a stop/go) I was able to bring home a nice gap.

Good to be back :)

Duh. Didn't finish my post. Too sleepy me thinks:).

Qual: 7th.

Race 1: 5th

Some gr8 driving during this race, but made one big error that cost me a few places. Very clean driving by everyone around:good:.

Race 2: 5th.

Good start and decent 1st lap saw me up to 2nd, but then I got really scruffy and after 2 laps I was about 9th:silly:.

Worked my way back to 5th or 6th. Had a good pit lane battle with a honda. Then made a big cock up b4 the corner on to the back straight and spun losing all the places I'd gained back. Then watched 3 Hondas trying to take last chicane together and managed to get a run on them and moved up to 5th into T1:). Got my head down b4 they had a chance to punish me and left them to what looked like a gr8 final 2 laps.

Happy overall though I did allow the Beemer to get out of shape a little too often in the heat of battle, but my results were satisfying.

Most importantly a very enjoyable nights racing with you all. This track was very quick and exciting and was a gr8 choice for the Friday Night Club:good:.

Thanks to Eric and Keith for your efforts and to everyone racing 2nite.

Looking 4ward to the next one already:).

Took a few races off and picked a good one to come back to tonight at Cleveland.

Quali was good for 4th with 116 flat

Race-1
Started a little slow then settled in behind Michael around 5th or 6th. We had a good fight for position with Abdul following close. I got by Michael and was now in 4th behind Ryan. Was only holding even with Ryan until he had to take the stop and go moving me up to 3rd. Could see Brandon and Keith but could not close any ground. Abdul was close enough to feel the pressure so I worked hard to make a small gap. Last lap on the exit from the double right I tagged the wall hard enough to knock the splitter off the front and send me into a spin. Lost 3 places there and finished in 6th. Was lucky to continue as the voice said my race was over but I still got to the finish. Grats to Brandon on the win. Nice racing with everyone around me very clean and well fought.

Race 2
Made ok launch settled into 4th. Stayed close with Phillip I think in the old M3 and then managed to get by him for 3rd. Was closing on Michael and Ryan when they touched in turn 1 handing me the lead. I had a small gap to Ryan and went into my pit still in 1st. Came out of pit behind Ryan now and then 1 lap later Gary came out of his pit ahead of me just behind Ryan. Made a couple of small mistakes that opened a gap to Ryan and Gary. A few laps later Gary took a pit moving me back into 2nd. Had 3 seconds to Ryan that I could not close and finished a satisfying 2nd. Great win Ryan welcome back. Grats to Brandon on a well deserved overall win WD.

Most fun Ive had in a while. Thanks Eric and Keith for all the hard work raising the level of fun and competition on Fridays. Good to see the Euro old guard - Gary, Michael, Lewis, Ryan and others at our event thx.:music2:

Qualified 9th.

1st race: About the contact Glenn, no worries man. Almost took out Luis trying to get back on track as I thought it was clear to get back on. Sorry about that Luis. With suspension damage ended up finishing in the middle of the pack.

2nd race: Started 10th. Got off to a really bad start, switching gears too early. Settle into a groove and start to put in some good laps. Then caught up to Marcel and we had a great battle for a few laps as we were almost bumper to bumper but couldn't pass him cleanly. As it was coming down to the final laps, shoot thru the chicane near the pits and overtake Marcel and Kevin onto the straight. Final lap, rear tire hits the grass and able to recover but lose two spots. At the finish line Marcel gets me by one car length.

Here are a few pics from the second race as there was a great battle between 4-5 cars battling for points.

1st one: Abdul, Marcel and myself
2nd: overtaking Kevin and Marcel
last: finish line between Marcel and the guy with a weird quiksilver fetish :)

Thanks for the race guys! And thanks to Eric and Keith as well!

Attachments

• trio.jpg
    trio.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 208
  • pass.jpg
    pass.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 176
  • finish line.jpg
    finish line.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 177
hi

what a fantastic and intense Friday night great fun great fights

i had a lot of fun with all u guys thank u very much

and of course the men of the year Mr evans for give us during this year such
dedication and good quality friday nights

thanks Andrew really enjoy spend this year having fun in all Friday nights

happy birthday:cake:

Race1: learning the track.........

Race2: wrecked by yuri braham in T1

GG y'all

Neil,

I am very sorry that i hit you. I had a good start, and when i tried to brake i accidently stepped on the clutch pedal instead of the brakes. I tried to dodge as many cars on the track (50 cars from my point of view:liquor::sick2: ). But then i hitted you in the rear.
Really sorry Neil. Don't hate me!

• Graham Clemenger

Steven Palmer

Cadwel,( got lost in a pond, when I finally clawed my way out and was just about to join the track Graham kocked me straight back down again LOL :) )
Yeah sorry about that one Steve, my mini was well phooked before going into that last bend with loads of oversteer, no hope of making it and then I see a little red and white thing emerging from the pond and it all goes wrong. Couldnt help myself though after I smashed into, watching you roll back down towards the pond again.

Another great night, some of my worst positions, but one of best nights Ive had here, some great battles and moments, racing and on TS, nice one all and thank you Evans.

how were the races lads???
Great. You missed a really good night :nod:

Yeah sorry about that one Steve, my mini was well phooked before going into that last bend with loads of oversteer, no hope of making it and then I see a little red and white thing emerging from the pond and it all goes wrong. Couldnt help myself though after I smashed into, watching you roll back down towards the pond again.
Reminiscing... Poor Steve, took more than a minute to get out and like a fish get thrown straight back in again....

Another great night, some of my worst positions, but one of best nights Ive had here, some great battles and moments, racing and on TS, nice one all and thank you Evans.

NP mate :good: was bloody hilarious and very much in the spirit of the night :)

• Andrew Evans

had some quality entertainment last eve, ohyus... all very very blurred now.... and, of course, my best race was ruined by my wheel coming unclamped shortly after the start... 7 races of ultra-violent wheel inputs took its toll... :D

vast majority made it thru to the very end as well - 4 hours of frantic mini action.... :thumb:

thanks to everyone who came out and who keep coming out every friday... this event is only the joy it is because you all keep coming back every week!

WOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play