RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Neil can you tell me where i exactly need to put it?
And wich things i need to change in the file, because i see alot of ambient temp in the file? :)
Neil, like Ivo, I have a little doubt about this also.
I have 4 different weather.txt in my PC: 2 in simbin at my documents (1 dedicated, other non dedicated) and 2 in steam at program files (1 dedicated, othen non dedicated).
I've been trying to do this always putting the weather in all those places I mentioned, but even doing this I get rain sometimes when the forecast I see in that swedish site says it's gonna be sunny with temps aroung 43, 42, 40, etc.
What am I doing wrong? Am I doing something wrong?
Well... A little lost here... :D

It's great when all that you need to learn is the car. but what a learning curve.

Too early on the power and massive push.. once i got that sorted the I was more comfortable.

Quali

Usual last but 1

Race 1

got a good start but dropped back after a couple of offs. DNR'd off the hairpin on lap 7 finished 13th.

Race 2

Started from 13 and got a screamer, up to 10th or 11th. clean round the hairpin and avoided most of the carnage at the next turn to run 6th. wasn't fully on the pace but was keeping it on the grey stuff mostly.

had a few fights with Jon, Steve, Dan. GR guys. eventually was running on my own for the last 4 laps trying to avoid being caught by Greg and lapped. would have done it but for a couple of trips on the kitty litter.

Greg passed me with around 1/3 of the lap to go. Finished 7th 1 lap down.

These cars are great once you get the hang of them.

on to friday nite Sat AM. lets hope for a huge field.

Qualified 7th - not bad for never racing these or this track! Grabbed Greg's setup which helped. Thx Gregory.

1st race - not good. Caught some serious air 1st lap after the hairpin. Flipped a couple of times. After that....:bulgy-eyes:
couldn't get my rhythm back. Finished 10th.

2nd race - much better. Got by the big jam in turn 3 and found myself in 6th. Got into 4th after a couple guys in front of Claudio and I spun in turn 1. He and I got together too so I waited for him and we took off. The last 10 laps i tried to gain on Claudio, which I did at one point. Then a couple of wide turns and he pulled away. Ended up 4th for the race. My best finish yet.

Thanks for a good race guys! Thanks for setting it up Eric. See ya's on Friday.

Entrylist:
  1. Yves Larose
  2. Diogo Matos
  3. Rob Goldthorpe
  4. Andrius Sliumba
  5. Péter Bártfai
  6. Nisse Andersson
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Race 1 finished second to Greg who was impossible to chase down. Well done Greg!:) Race 2 was a challenge as I started in P7 and made a bunch of mistakes along the way - Brands Hatch just wears me out.:) It was great fun though with Neil chasing me and keeping my mirrors full all along the way. I was glad the race wasn't any longer because I thought Neil might catch me up before it was over.:)

Thanks guys and to Eric for setting it up!

I don't know whats happening, its the second time when start the race all cars disappear... second race i can't compete...

thanks

Douglas

GTR does that sometimes. But good news: there's a quickfix. Switch between your car and either the person in front or back of you with + and- buttons. Then all the cars appear again.

Funny race. I totally calculated the GMT vs EET wrong. Thought it was free practice but it was the official one.. Never driven these cars so i got 3 laps of practice and 4 more at the qualy.. But these are fun, like someone said a bit arcaish but nice all together.

1st race. Learning still and way off the pace. Tried to keep the damn thing on the track. Some battles and too soft swaybars ate my left front tire. A bit handful after that, P8th in the finish and that was due to the high accident rate.

2nd Race. Started from pole and i'm glad that i didn't ruin everyones race as i really didn't know these cars. Lost a position in the start and started to defend the 2nd place, which i knew i'd lose at some point but 3 laps in that position was a win for me. Good battle for the 2nd and then eventually 3rd place, thank you guys for patience, my braking points were way too early. Then got shunted to 6th and later due my own mistake to 9th. Then the Paddocks Hill took it's victim and lost my splitter and later that lap more pieces came falling of. Pitted and retired.

Thanks to organisers for introducing me yet another car.

For this event, I would like everyone to be in Teamspeak, even if they do not have a mic. There are a few things id like to share with everyone.

Reminder also, tomorrow night is Thursday and we usually have 10 now for practice night pre-race. Usually 00:00 - 01:00GMT is when people sign up.

Also that time tomorrow is the deadline for skins to be added for V1.5 of the skinpack for this Fridays event.

Thanks
Keith

Keith ,the reward for finding Bob is a set of rain tyres......some sort of hint as to the weather at Brands this friday.Kev.

Nah no hint, cause I have no control. However from what I know of England it rains alot there....I think :p

Bob actually found me on msn, we chatted, and I found out he was kidnapped and was being held hostage by Honda. They demanded he created a new paint scheme for the 2010 series. He complied and they released him. Look for the "Help me, Im a hostage" paint scheme next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes