RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

...João is such a pain in the ass!!!! LOL :silly:
But you were lucky I wasn't there, my friend!!!!! See you next time..

Sounds like you could have used a bit of company, Joao. I'll try to make it next time.

More the merrier... :drool:
I'm sure before August there will be another endurance event, so you my illustrious adversaries, keep your eyes on the club events :wink2:

...My car started with only 70% health. One mistake and it was below that. Result was loss of pace and not realizing the reason ended up pushing too hard, makng it worse...

Your car didn't start with less than 100% engine health; it is how XD tool works.

XD doesn't reset the engine health every time a new session starts or you press esq to the pits.

So for instances, my engine for the race started with "90%", so now this 90% are the new 100%. Out of curiosity by race finish it was on 88%, one touch at the barriers took 1% and the other 1% was lost with high rpm exiting the pits.

Just to make my point behind doubt, I learned this at one race in the AF3KGP championship where my F3000 started a race with "20%" engine health and I was like "damn, someone dropped sugar on my fuel":). Went on to finish the about 60 mins race within the top 5 even pulling high rpm and from a hot engine (about 98ºC). The engine health didn’t drop more than 1% (maybe the 20% were the new 100% so dropping 1% is about dropping 5% if the start had been at 100, unless there are negative numbers on that field, wish I doubt).

Sorry I've not enlisted the last couple of weeks Eric. I've been on a job swap at work which has put me onto Dayshifts and staying up until 2 a.m has been impossible for me to manage.

I'm back to working nights again from 2nite so hopefully I'll get back into my routine and I'll be joining you guys again next weekend :)

It was a real blast Eric, thanks for setting this up!

João, I too was in a C6R, but had the car setup to hit about 291 km/h at the end of the straight before the final downhill part after the bridge. I wanted to keep it fairly conservative in case it rained (and as you know, it did!). Would you mind sending me the setup you used so I can see how you got over 300 km/h out of the car, and so I can try driving with that setup? I would appreciate it.

By the way, congratulations on the win!

Congrats to Peter Bartfai as well for your GT Sport win, great job. By the way, thanks for letting me pass on the outside - unfortunately, I drove way to high and fast into that turn and hit the outside wall. It's amazing what can happen when you get out of your rhythm.

Also thanks to all the GT Sport guys who really did a stellar job of making it easy for the GT Pros to slip by. It was obvious when you guys took a wide line letting the Pro cars pass underneath with no contact, and practically no time lost for either driver.

Qualifying (7th)

I did not qualify as well as I had hoped, but at least I got a hot lap in which meant I was not at the back of the field trying to weave through the GT Sports (I felt awful for Mark Birney who had to do that). I finished my hot lap with only about 10 seconds to spare I think, so I was happy. It wasn't really that important anyway.

Race
(3rd)

I didn't have a great start because I had some late wheel spin after the start, so I lost one position in turn 1. I figured a 1 position loss was not too bad, especially at this track, and I was very glad to see that everyone in front of me and around me made it through the first part of the track intact. We formed a single file pretty quickly which was a-ok with me! :smile:

After a few laps in the first stint I started picking up spots because of others have issues. I saw a couple of cars go off, which let me get by relatively easily, and I saw Bram in the wall near the last turn at the end of the long straight. I actually never really raced hard with anyone the entire time. It was a true endurance race - I simply put in fairly consitent laps, stuck with my pit strategy and it worked out pretty well in the end.

When the rain started near the end of my first stint, I thought, uh oh, is it going to get worse? I wasn't sure but had to pit, so decided to put new slicks on instead of wets and fortunately, it paid off because the skies cleared up later. That was a lucky break.

I have not reviewed the replay yet, but I can only remember two times when I had serious offs causing me to lose valuable time. Overall, it wasn't bad. One was in the rain after my first pit stop, and the other was when I was passing Peter - both all my fault. Luckily, I was able to gather myself up quickly and get back into the groove, forgetting it ever happened. I did find my mind drifting off a few times during the race, especially near the end, but was able to re-focus and stay on track for the most part. The body did have some minor damage, but nothing major thank goodness.

In the end, all I wanted to do was finish - I knew if I could just finish, I'd probably have a good result due to attrition. I am very pleased with the result and could not ask for more than a podium 3rd place finish. Both
João and James were faster than I was, so they deserved to be ahead of me. I am happy to finish 3rd among all these great drivers and feel badly for the drivers who had computer or glitch problems - that is disappointing whenever it happens.

Eric, and the admins at RaceDepartment, what else can I say, but thank you. I understand that it takes a lot of time and work to organize an event like this and that you rarely get the recognition you deserve for doing it.

I hope at some point, there is a GT race series here in the RD Club with "normal" length races and maybe an enduro at the start and finish of the series. Personally, I would love to see an 8 race series with the first and last events to be enduros (2hrs or more). All the races in between should be somewhere between 75 minutes and 90 minutes. But, this is a topic for another thread.

Thanks again to everyone who participated and especially to those weary souls that actually finished this grueling race!

:victory:

(I look forward to downloading the replay so I can watch the race in all it's graphical glory when I get my dead video card replaced with a new one). I turned off my local replays because I thought I read somewhere that it may have an affect on performance during the race) :-(

I wouldn't worry about turning anything down with that card, still runs the game completely fine. Give it a try on max with a full grid and check if you get a runtime error - if you do, turn the textures down to low.

James, I'm not sure how you get that result with a 7800 GT, but I suspect it is the resolution you run the game at. I run all my games at 1920 x 1200 and definitely had to turn down most of the graphics settings in the game to get a playable frame rate. I found the best Anti-aliasing setting for this game was "Level 2". Interestingly, anything higher than that, or lower than that (including "none") would cause the game to turn into a very choppy experience, and was essentially un-drivable for a race.

I remembered that my video card is still under warranty, so I've applied for a replacement online at EVGA. Hopefully it gets approved and replaced for free. I'm not quite ready to spend money on a new current generation card - I'll be happy with my old 8800 GTS 512 for a while longer.

As per PM Andrew ... sorry not to have made this - didn't get home till near midnight (plan was to be in before 21:00), and I couldn't have raced anyway as I was (am) in a fair bit of pain after getting a spark from a burning hot cinder my eye from the bar-b-q we were having :eek:
I really was on the cinders list last night :D

Wish me luck with my eye, as its my good one ... my other eye is a bit useless tbh, so if this one is damaged, then I am in a bit of trouble :confused2:

Doesn't seem too serious this morning, so lets SEE (gotta laugh eh?) :)

Yeah it was still running, i switch it off a couple of times so i rolled back, so i turned it on to try again. My Fuel was about 3 liters.

Thanks for the tips, i will take a look.
To bad this happened in the race, i practiced alot and had never problems.

Was your engine working when you got pulled out of the race? (if you have very little fuel and your engine stops and you are 1 inch out of your pit arrow, you will get a DNF)

Were you synchronized with the server?

Just to try to help, this is how I go about pit-stops:

(

what a event we should deffo make a RDLDCN (RaceDepartment Long Distance Cup Nordschleife 9 runs each on the Green Hell)

*pre event*
i was lapping like mad offline when ever i had a few mins spare my setup was good for sup 7 mins in race but it was sooooooo unstable with full fuel load
it wasent fun to drive
on race day i found bram has posted his M3 setup so i gave it a shot, it was verry stable but i had problems with the gearing running uphill bergwerk and kesselchen
i was in 5th gear 6km/h slower only 242 as with my setup 248 and in 6th the gearing was to long so i stayed on shifting speed
did a 2 changes to the setup and made the 5th one click longer and the 6th one click shorter :)
that matched now with my gearing and i was verry happy with it Thank you verry much Bram for sharing

*qualy
i was knowing there will be not much time in qualy GTS had to realy push already on the outlap to be able to finish the timed lap (maybe if we race again on nords in an enduro set qualy time to 20 min)
i had a big runoff at metzgersfeld still i managed to get a 6.58 in what is verry good i think it gave me pole in GTS and overall i was 10th or 11th :)

*Race
got a good start and was battling Stefan for turne1 :) sorry if i forced you to brake hard but i had to take the insideline into turne 1 :p
from then i was just trying to stay in touch with the GT pros as long as possible but the gab to the other GTS cars was constantly rising at lap 5 my tires started to drop the grip rapidly and i was worryed i wont make 8laps on them as it started to rain
that saved my ass :) after completing lap 8 i pitted for full service 100l fuel and 4 fresh and shiny Slicks :) was hoping some will change on wets
coming out of the pits i rised in the following laps the gab to the GTS 2nd Peter i think to 43 seconds as i came through metzgersfeld down to kallenhardt i minidumped out <insert any swearword you can imagin here>
well done all finishers i wishe we could redo this race lol

Thanks Eric for all the effort you put into this

James, I'm not sure how you get that result with a 7800 GT, but I suspect it is the resolution you run the game at. I run all my games at 1920 x 1200 and definitely had to turn down most of the graphics settings in the game to get a playable frame rate. I found the best Anti-aliasing setting for this game was "Level 2". Interestingly, anything higher than that, or lower than that (including "none") would cause the game to turn into a very choppy experience, and was essentially un-drivable for a race.

I remembered that my video card is still under warranty, so I've applied for a replacement online at EVGA. Hopefully it gets approved and replaced for free. I'm not quite ready to spend money on a new current generation card - I'll be happy with my old 8800 GTS 512 for a while longer.

That was at 1680x1050 but I'm sure it all used to run fine on max. This wasn't with the GT cars or the Nurburgring so that's probably why.

...João, I too was in a C6R, but had the car setup to hit about 291 km/h at the end of the straight before the final downhill part after the bridge. I wanted to keep it fairly conservative in case it rained (and as you know, it did!). Would you mind sending me the setup you used so I can see how you got over 300 km/h out of the car, and so I can try driving with that setup? I would appreciate it...

My setup is basically on-line under the nick name "Tanaka", my old alias I used to race before joining RD, saying that... there are few things.

That setup of mine hasn't the actual cambers and suspensions settings I used today (they are a little different)... but these have much to do with how each one drives and turns (so in a way, not that important, everyone should have each own)

Attention, I use high steering ratio (max)... don't think why, it comes from dirty bikes.

100 % break power and alot to the front... again, not good to everyone.

My setup hits 308km/h with low fuel inside; with full race fuel it topped 304 km/h (final downhill part... climbs at 299 to 301 km/h).

There are many good on-line setups for the C6R, for instances, look for the ones under "Stranger" alias also.

By your top speed I suspect a few things of your setup:

• You have more rear wing (I have 3 or 4).
  • Your 6th gear is too short... the Vettes (and the Vipers) are very particular cars in Evo as they are the only ones who don't have max HP at the red line, so you if go much above 6500 rpm you are actually losing speed.
  • You have a closer ratio gear setting... in other words; I drop more rpm every time I change gears.
I will upload my setup later this week to the game server.

I really loved my C6 GT 2. Just like you said it has alot of power within the low rpm. I took alot of corners who where 2th gear with 3th, and 4th gear with 5th, and i had still alot of speed. My top speed was in 6th gear, 6400 rpm doing 281 downhill and that was with Wing 6.

I know wich car i take with the next event :wink:

Btw i saw alot of different cars from the last event at Ricard. But did anyone blew up there engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back