RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Lovely track this ... like so many roads I drove/rode in the Odenwald ... where is Machwerk ... all seems so familiar.
Would love to race tonight but have other plans ... and my pc is about as stable as an elephant on a tightrope ATM so I will just loiter around in practice till it gets a bit fuller then depart as long as that is OK with the admin et al?

• Alex Gibson

I'm really sorry but I am going to have to pull out. My bird has just turned up, she says I can race but I know she'll get p*ssed off with me ignoring her and probably put me off causing me to ram somebody off the track or the like. Sorry guys, I feel like a right **** for pulling out so late, I hope somebody else nabs my spot.

tut tut... Gibbo gibbo gibbo....

Love is in the air
Everywhere I look around
Love is in the air
Every sight and every sound
And I don't know if I'm being foolish
Don't know if I'm being wise
But it's something that I must believe in
And it's there when I look in your eyes
Love is in the air
In the whisper of the trees
Love is in the air
In the thunder of the sea
And I don't know if I'm just dreaming
Don't know if I feel sane
And it's there when you call out my name
(Chorus)
Love is in the air
Love is in the air
Oh oh oh
Oh oh oh
Love is in the air
In the rising of the sun
Love is in the air
When the day is nearly done
And I don't know if you're an illusion
Don't know if I see it true
But you're something that I must believe in
And you're there when I reach out for you
Love is in the air
Every sight and every sound
And I don't know if I'm being foolish
Don't know if I'm being wise
And it's there when I look in your eyes

:lol:

Guys, I had to put the server up early today with the weather as I wont be around later this evening. Hopefully I didnt screw anything up.

BTW, I also left the WTCC 87 cars just for kicks!! if anyone is tempted **cough ** cough *** cough *** Yves ** cough ****

Guys, I had to put the server up early today with the weather as I wont be around later this evening. Hopefully I didnt screw anything up.

BTW, I also left the WTCC 87 cars just for kicks!! if anyone is tempted **cough ** cough *** cough *** Yves ** cough ****

yeah just throw some crack to a crackhead you enabling fool of a race director! NOt sure Yves would even acknowledge his BIMMER problem yet........:messed::rotfl:

Wicked fun here for this event. Good turn out, and good racing. Contact was inevitable here with these cars, but after seeing the replays I think all was fair.

Quali: Pulled off a decent lap which I thought was good enough for pole, when Eric rips past my time, and take the lead. It was short lived however as Ben Tusto Tusting, hits his lap and takes pole. Putting me back to third. In my quali tho I managed to flip on the straight away. It was a result of a car ESC out on the straight away which causes problems for the guys behind. No names mentioned, just everyone should be aware of this, and if you are going to ESC out make sure you do so far off the track.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1uRlo3ggV0[/ame]

Race 1: Get a perfect launch and snucjk by Eric. Entering T1 looks like Eric overshot his brake marks, and just knicked my back end. With that happening, I was ok, but eric checked up with the large field bearing down on him slowed. This started a small chain reaction which was nothing major. No with Tusto having a bit of a lead, I have Yuri breathing down my neck. on Lap 2 In T3 Yuri gets squirrly and off. Now chasing Tusto down and taunting him on TS I start to reel him in. Now on lap 7 I am right now him, and pushing him as we go through the fast right hander John is recovering from some trouble, and when Ben goes to avoid he gets squirrly on the curb and I hit him from behind as he crosses the track and i slow down to let him regain his composure. Lap 9 Tusto seems to have braked really early into the last turn. I came up quick and decided to go inside...he came back across the track and i clipped his rear quarter but we continued on. Marty on TS who is running in third says "keep on fighting guys" that cheeky bugger. Instead of writing the rest with me and Ben I made a video of the close laps we ran together. I ended up finishing 2nd with Tusto pulling away. Grats Tusto, and Well done to everyone.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGcChr0Gb2A[/ame]

Race 2: Got a decent launch from 7th, and me and MArty both got by Brandon before T1. and I managed to sneak beside Yves exiting T1. Marty however went from 6th to 3rd!!! Yves gets in front of me into T2, and hits a curb which gets him loose, Brandon sneaks past him and I check up to allow Yves to regain control. This allows Tusto by me. Up ahead it looks liek Aritan locks up and winds up on grass and this sends him into Marty. Aritan is now Stopped at the apex of the last corner. Brandon, Yves and Tusto miss Aritan, and as I come through Willie was inside me, and this left me nowehere to go but into Aritan. I come to a complete stop and Bob collects me. When I finally get going again, I am in 10th after lap 1!! (the madness was inevitable at such a short track DAMN YOU ERIC! j/k) After the incident I wasnt toooo far off there was alot of battling up front of me, and I was in 9th with 23 laps to go. I am seeing lots of smoke in front of me and lots of sparks which is good for my chances :) On lap 4 Willie gets into Marty in T1 And this allows me by both them. Yuri up ahead got into Yves which he attempted to wait for him but was collected by Tusto. All while this is going on I jump from 9th to 5th in one corner. Then as I approach Joao, he singles me by (thanks but not necessary, everyone should race for every position). Now in 4th with Tusto ahead, and Kennett in 2nd, with Brandon leading in the distance on Lap 8. Ben trying to put the moves on Kennett, he makes a nice move in the last turn under braking, but Kennett pushes hard into T1 and almost retakes the spot ON THE OUTSIDE. Kennett runs a little wide in T4 which gets me on his bumper and I get a turn out of the last corner, drafting and into T1 I fake inside to try and force a mistake, he bobbles a bit and I managed to sneak past in the last turn. (WELL DONE KENNETT A+ FOR SKILLS) Now chasing down Brandon, Tusto begins putting pressure on him. After some small attempts for the lead, in the lat turn on lap 16 Tusto gets into Brandon, and on TS says he is going to wait. I take advantage and jump from 3rd to first, and Brandon slots in behind me. Brandon makes a small mistakes in last turn and this puts Tusto behind me, and we run this way til the finish. Grats to Tusto for 2nd, and good job Brandon on podium. Also super congrats to Kennett for his outstanding run in race 2.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K0xvs3s78s[/ame]

This event was super fun, and super close. I hope you enjoy the read, and the videos attached, along with the screens.

Thanks Eric, and RD for the super job with this place.

See you all tonite for more madness!!!

Keith B

Attachments

• Race 1 Start.jpg
    Race 1 Start.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 163
  • Race 1 start 2.JPG
    Race 1 start 2.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 171
  • Race 1 T1.jpg
    Race 1 T1.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 166