RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

...The weird thing was that when me engine blew my motorhealth was still 100%...

What tool were you using?

In some tolls (like the one I use) the engine can start with 120, and when getting to 100 it doesn’t mean the engine is at 100%, it means about 18% has went... look for the past spa endurance (April) club event topic, I’ve posted about the engine live variable.

For instances at this race my engine started at 85, it went down to 83... The The 2 points downgrade come from one bump on another car and one error I made with the gears when exiting a corner.

Well I had my highs and lows in this event.

Ran well in practice and thought a P5-6 was likely given the super pole formatt and my PB time to that point. Emptied out the tank and set off immediately to qualy and hoped to hold my rhythm from practice. Well it paid off as I ran a PB of 09.1 which was .4 quicker than any PB prior. Anxiously awwaited Keith and Brandon to run their laps with the dim hope that maybe I'd pole for R1.

Well they both and 08.xxx and shattered my 2 minute dream.:rain2:

SO igrid in P3 for R1 and I am excited about my best start ever. A quick glance in the "rear view button" shows the ever [present Yves directly behind me in row 3. Thats just super!:tremble:

Got a great start and we are off. I pinched Marty and he had to lift a bit going up the hill. Sorry Marty I drive hood view and sometimes I cant use the back view button right off. yves is still back there waiting for me to bobble and pounce on p3. HE tries to dive in on me going under the bridge but backs it off last second to avoid a bad incident. Lap 2 sees Brandion leave the track and I assume P2! and yves is still there.:drool: Well on lap 3 I oblige by rolling the car over on the super slow right hander curb 2 times. It lands upright and I set off again in P8. I chase down Dennis but am unable to pass despite his regular pleas for me to do so. :rotfl: I finally try to move it in ont he inside of the right hander after the big hill when he goes wide and I bang him up and wait for him to resume. We both pit around lap 10 and he is leading by about 3 lengths. He exits pit lane a mile ahead of me and I cannot figure out how I lost so much time. WTF? I soldier on and run it hard into the pit wall after dropping the wheels outside of the exit curb on the main straight. Bumper cover flies! I retire in P11.

R2 I start towards the back in P11. I get a great start and we all go flying over the hill. its 2 wide for a second up ahead and Willam Yunck gets a bit of TTO_(trailing throttle oversteer)and starts difting back to the inside and touchs Marty . William goes left into the grass and Marty just fights it to stay straight. He ends up in mid track and forces Dennis to the righthand grass and Willie hits Marty straight on!YVES MEANWHILE JUST SLIDES THROUGH THE WRECKAGE UNHARMED TO ASSUME P3! WOW!go I go right down the middle full tilt boogie and I am CLEAR! whoops all of a sudden there are 3 more cars dead in the middle of the track! I T-BONE CRUSH Dennis! I do a beautiful 360 and the field goes by me and I am P11 again! so much for helping myself out. I think I have my # of cars seen around 6 in the settings hence that sexy surprise when I think I am clear.

Crew chief tell me I have suspension damage. Cool no aero after that collision? so I drive on and it is still perfect! Can't kill a HONDA! I race on for 1/ 2 a lap and pass 3 cars to start lap 2 in P8. I have Bob, BRandon and Willie all insight and 1 second or less in front . I get a huge run on Bob going over the hill and hold inside him but behind entering the right hander. Bob over cooks and goes to the beach. I go P7. I can see Willie, Brandon then Willam now about 1 second ahead on lap 4. I pursue only to 360 slide the car down the hill and give ground to them and they are gone. 1 lap later Willie is off the track going down the hill and William is in the trap at the bottom of the hill. I am P5. FOR A NANO SECOND as RHYS come flying by me and takes over 5th.

Rhys and I are bumper to bumper battling for P5! Rhys goes a bit wide at the 180 and I sneak inside. At the left hander leading to main straight he drifts across me to the outside and I hold inside. inches apart! We are door handle to door handle going up the hill . Me outside, him inside. I brake a hair early and go inside, he drifts outside and slides the back on the curbing. He wiggles and hold it together. we are inches apart still.
I am on him hard and we are having a great battle! I nudge him once comiong off the wicked dowenhill into the right hander. He holds it together and sets off while I had slowed quite a bit to wait on him should he go off. Well thats good for him as he is 4 lengths ahead or more! But then he sends it off into the beach at the uphill 180.

At this point I am P4 and losing about .75 a lap to P3. then as the laps close down and 2 to go I get within 2 seconds of P3 from 15 seconds. Maybe there was an off and he damaged his car and I can close!

NAH its just Keith and Brandon having run amuck for a bit battling for P2 and I never close from there.

Highs: I had a sector time in q faster than Keith! (.001 actually):skywalker:
I grid P3 and thats best for me out of Q!
I held a gap to Keith on the openeing laps!
I ran inches from Rhys on the fastest corners of track and didn't muck it up!

LOWS: Well ya have to run clean laps not toss the car off the circuit in P3.
Lost a ton of time to Dennis on the pit and not sure why. He finished P5 and I beleive I could have finished there had the pits not hosed me. am I doing something wrong?

another really fun event!

Thanks Eric and RD for the fun!

Thanks to all my fellow competitors for being a great group to race with!

AND GET YOUR TEAMSPEAK GOING! otherwise you cannot enter nor win the "Keith Barrick Blood transfusion Raffle!":rotfl::rotfl::present:

Well..that race lasted long...not even 2 of the 30 laps completed. Side by side with Abdul i think it was, we touched, he started to spin, i eased off, and someone hit me, sending me skywards, over the fence and into a pit of oblivion, falling at 300mph into blackness. Couldnt remember the car reset button so had to retire :(

I was really looking forward to this, love the DTM, really like driving these cars, even though I was struggling with the setup. Thanks to Johan for uploading his setup, it did help in solving some understeer, made the car a bit more driveable, not that i could put it to much use as i ran out of time in practise, quali and warmup to test it fully, and of course hardly any racing. Oh well...

Hope the next DTM event isnt too far away.

Fernando and Steve sorry if i taped you but on my screen i didn't touch you at all.
Other cars were lagging for me but Fernando and Steve you two were lagging really badly.
I decided to leave the race in the end as i didn't want to ruin anyody elses race.

I hope for some more DTM Races :good:

Hey that's ok mate. Like I said I hadn't seen the replay and looking at that screenie I was as much to blame for my off as I'd not seen you on the inside.

It felt like a rear impact, but it wasn't so I'll make a point of checking b4 I comment in future:).

Hope it didn't cause you any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back