RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

*sigh*, *sigh* and *sigh* again... I didn't even make it past the first lap. :( I was doing okay, having qualified pretty well for my class, but when John spun down at the West end of the circuit I thought I had caused him to go off. I pulled over on the Mistral Straight to wait for him, but since I couldn't see my mirrors I manually looked behind me to make sure of where everyone was. I then heard (and felt) an almighty crash-and-crunch. I looked forward to see the entire front end of my car flying off, including wheels. I had coasted straight into a barrier. :doh: Don't worry about it John, it wasn't your fault in any way... I should have looked where I was going.

Anyways, like Stefan I watched the whole thing from the sidelines (apart from an hour's break to catch some sleep :rotfl:). It was fun watching the battles for position, and sad to see many drivers with a chance at winning retiring due to forces outside their control. Still, grats to Joao for that stunning performance, and thanks to Eric for organising an event bigger than Ben Hur! :D

Till next time... :dance2:

Omg this was really fun.

Q:

I started as 19th. I was really exploring the car. Because i had no time to practice.

Race:

I had a quit start and avoided the problems in the second turn.
Then came the suprise on the straight the GT pro and GT sport were flying, damn there where fast. In the end of the first lap i had oversteer and touched the pitlane wall. "Suspension problem". Bye Bye competition. After that is just drove and drove its all a blur now. I had 2 stop and go's because i went a couple of times to wide after the long straight. I was loving me Vertigo in the corners, because in the corners i had a good pace but the straights where killing me( btw i had time to eat on the straights, that was nice ;)). 8 of us where left and i think where were al in survival mode. But then disaster strikes 7 lap before the end. I am on the long straight in 6th gear no hitting the limiter and suddenly boom no power, i couldn't believe it my Motocadd was normal and my motorhealth was 100. I stille don't now what it was. But i had fun and i hoped i held nobody up. But if there is a event again in am in because i loved it.

Thanks RD and good job João, Abdul ( the sound of your car was awesome) and Hendrik and everybody else.

• Jon Marjanen

I think RD should start a GT league with enfurance races like this. Maybe 2 hour races instead of 3 lol. The race was massively fun and it was my first RD event.

And yeah Abdul's nasal Aston Martin sounded really menacing those 15 or so first laps he was up in my rear bumper. I couldn't even hear my own car when he was close!

Also all the guys getting lapped were extremely good and courteous. All in all after my first event I'm very impressed by the competitiveness in this community.

Lovely jubbly Andrew ... thanks for this.

Found a reasonable pace and setup, screwed quali though - went off and got cutting warning after next to last corner ... so was last on grid.

Race 1
Demon start, picked my way through early chaos, after T2 I think I was 7th :)
Circulated around trying to keep from being whacked or doing the same to others ... bit of a mistake running wide dropped me behing Michael, but then more mistakes from him and others in front meant that I gained my spot back.
Got a tap in the arse end from Maks I think, but after drifting wide and him waiting, racing resumed with loss of only a place or two.
Lap 8 or 9 Sebastian who was in front slowed considerably ... not sure why, but I caught and passed him to take 5th over the line - not bad from a P18 and last place start :thumb:

Race 2
Flyer off the line, let Ben in front at T2 as in reality I knew he had the pace - hoped to follow but had to do a bit of defending and japanese drift moves to keep things facing the right way.
Mid race Chris caught me, he was charging but I had reasonable pace and was not giving up my place without a bit of a fight ... there was a bit of contact and Chris waited (thanks mate), but there was choas as others did similar moves in front. A lap or two later though Chris showed me the way to late brake and back it in ... very nice to watch, and no retort to that one :wink2:
Anyhow ... somewhere along the line Daniel was with me into T1 or T2, he dived to the inside, and not wanting to punt him off I ended up going wide and losing a couple of seconds. So I set about chasing ... nearly had him 0.3 at the line, after being 0.9 on the previous lap ... one more lap mate and I would have had yas :D

Great night's racing, lots of action, lots of fun ... overall well chuffed with my 2 x 5th places in such a strong field :glasses-cool:
Thanks again Sir Evans and of course RD for hosting :thumb:

Excellent event!!! the track is an old familiar freind of mine,and the Lister i also love so the combo for me was a real treat,race one was all about resisting constant pressure from Maks in 2nd place,Cris seemed to totally miss the start.....very happy with my pace and consistency to the finish.
Race two was a bit more roll sleeves up and gloves off kind of stuff (as usual :p),it was more or less constant action,mainly with team m8 Daniel :good:.After it all settled down a bit it was all about chasing Maks for 2nd spot as Sebastian had cleared off in the lead,highly enjoyable battle but Maks held his cool so 3rd finish gave me overall event winz :).
Thank you Andrew and RD.
Keep these classic combos coming Evso son :good: :good:

Fun but tiring!
Qualified near the back.
Race started ok but on third turn I hit a car that was crossing the track in front of me. It was going left in a right hand turn so I assume he lost traction, anyway I knocked it into another car and they both went off track, so I pulled off to make sure they were rejoining. I re entered the track and two turns later I gave it too much throttle exiting the corner and lost traction which caused me to swerve in front of Rhys (sorry). I dont know if his car even touched mine, but I went off track then turned and rejoined. I had a feeling Rhys was going to wait to see if I rejoined and I wish I could type and drive,because I would have told him not to wait. I got back on track in time to see him hit the barrier. I felt so bad because I know how much time was put into this race.
First 10 or 15 laps were fun as I chased Chris around. Then as my Viper ate its tires up I slowly lost everyone and the rest of the race was a little dull as it was just a matter of concentration. I finished 6th. I was really happy to finish this since I wasnt sure if my setup would last.
Thank you Eric and RD!

Just fully enjoyed that bit of vidjo magic Buxto!!,the rollercoaster nature of the track was very much like the rollercoaster of emotions i went through....oh how i laughed,oh how i cried,and even a bit of :shakyfistman: at my screen!!!.

Thank You :good:

• Andrew Evans

thanks to all who came out for a mooch!

for the second day running, couldn't get anywhere near afternoon offline practice pace during official practice...

trying to tame this l'il combo with a 360 wireless was a fun task... always feeling one degree away from the abyss...

had a nice fight with nick in the first race... claw him in... off i go.. claw him in... off i go... rinse & repeat... finally managed to get him only cause he had an off... but then he followed me close enough during the last lap and a bit - nice mate....

second race - more of a blur... but a nice tussle with carlos :thumb:
ended up with a puncture 1 lap from the end.... roll on a new wheel asap!

Congratulations to the finishers, really its a great feat to finish such a long race and above all make ur car last that long, something which for some reason I was unable to do. I practiced quite a bit in the last few days for this race, and tried my best to give out a helping hand to those who asked, and all that I felt made me understand the track and cars a little bit better.

I chose the C5R because it was slightly harder to live with than the Viper, it was a bit more nervy in the corners than one would expect and it was a true American muscle car, hitting 304kph down the straight at times. Today before the race I turned some laps with full race mode on, and I was a full second faster than my fastest lap today which was 46.0xx . To play it safe before the race started I increased the fuel of the car to 135L to start with so I could have an easier time come later in the race. That I believe is what put the car off balance, I had practiced with 115L and it seems the extra 20L made the car understeer almost every where.

Qually went well, better the second time rather than the first. This was the case for most of the GT Pro guys. P1 with 1:44.xxx

My starts always leave something to be desired and this time was no different, the thing that saved me was probably the grunt down the straight of the car and also some common sense on the part of my GT Pro colleagues, thank you. The race from then on went well, I knew pretty much after the second lap that running away would be pretty much impossible with extra weight so I tried to settle in to a rhythm and for the first few laps it was good going, but then the lap traffic started. I must say that I'm not of the same opinion as some of you regarding the traffic, I had a horrendous time going around some ppl as some were really unsure of what to do. It was agreed that you chose a line to take regardless of which but you stick with it, not change it twice while being lapped. Honorable mention goes to James Yates, Henrik Horvath, Aritan Maia and as well a few others.

I also have to apologize to Freddie Besems because I ruined his race, sorry mate. Twice I came up to you at the same place the fast chicane down the front straight and twice I braked from full speed so that you could take the faster line even after the second part of the chicane. The third time I had no idea what you where doing you came on the racing line the off then back on by that time I was right behind you and I had nowhere to go. We both could have handled that better I think.

After that debacle James caught up to me, and from experience I knew the Lister was way faster in the third sector and part of the second, and with my understeering ride I didn't have much to answer in that part of the track. But I was able to pull some time in the first half of the lap in which the James was having some trouble with, maybe for the same reasons as me. I knew that I had to keep him behind and did so, also some of the traffic at away some 7sec gap I had opened up to him, but I already talked about that. The pit stop went well, I took on extra fuel again and came out with just a little shy of 140L and with James on my rear bumper.

The 3sec gap I had to him exiting the pits was completely eaten away in the first sector due to some GTC battling for position I think, so he was now .2s behind me with heated tires, brakes not good. He passed me right at the end of Sector 2 and I knew I could keep up with him but not in S3. The next lap in S1 I capitalized on one of his mistakes and took the lead back. Gap the fluctuated from .5 to 2.0s and somehow in lap 38 while braking for the second chicane down the front straight the engine seized I lost speed very fast and James could do nothing but hit me, np man. Couldn't believe it, I was short shifting the whole race knowing that pushing a heave car to the limit would not be good for the engine. Also made a habit of checking the oil and water temps, and they were always at or below 75deg.

A bit gutted to be honest, James and I were really duking it out and it was very nice racing indeed. It was a great Event, really looking forward to the next one as I really want to finish now more than ever.

Edit: Yep it just sunk in, #*$& it sucks not to finish!!!!!

Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!
When I finished it, I thought "my back hurts, my hands hurt, my fingers hurt, my head hurts, my eyes hurt, I'm never gonna be on an event like this again! That Eric is a crazy dude!!!!". But even thinking like this, I was very happy for finishing it. Great, indeed!!!!
But one thing is sure, I'm never gonna pick the slowest car again!!!! So not funny having to let everyone pass everytime!!!! Thank god only 7 guys finished, because I was tired of seeing those aston's, corvette's and all that passing me and flying around!!! :)
In my own category, I made a terrible choice of car, not the worst, for sure, the vertigo guys were suffering all the way, but I tried the seat and the Viper and I was 1 sec faster with the seat and almost 2 secs faster with the Viper. Dam you beemer!!!!! Never again!!!! A great all around car, but for that kind of track, sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, let's move on...

Quali:
Good, not great, but good. 2nd or 3rd in my class, I think.

Race:
I had a great start and went from 14th to 10th. Someone spinned in T3 and I tried to avoid it and got a stop and go (1st one). Well, let's go, we're just beggining!!! :)
Moved on and went after the Club guys. Passed one, another and went on my hunting party. Stalled behind Chris and fought him almost the hole race, untill I screwed up my race at the end. James was in another class. :) Like 2 secs faster than everyone in the GT Club. Great pace btw.
When I saw James had problems, I thought "here is my chance to win in my class", but Chris made an excelent race, very consistent, and it was impossible to pass him, because of his better pace in the straights. I finished 30 secs from him.
Just for your info, this track is cruel!!!! I tried to facilitate to the front guys 2 times, went off track and got 2 stop and gos (thats 3 by now). In the end of the race, I got distracted, and got another one. And finally somewhen near the end, I got another one for another little mistake.
Result: 5 STOP AND GOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice race, João!!!! Please, gimme a chance tomorrow, ok!?!?! Abdul, you made it!!! Great!!!! All the best for the family, ok!!! It's a boy or a girl??? If it's a boy, it's gonna be called Aston!!!! :)

Well, at last I'd like to thank Eric for this event and for all your help. Thanks a lot, dude!!!! Also thanks a lot to RD for this outstanding events scheme and for this great community. I love you guys!!!!

Cya tomorrow in RDTCC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play