RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

After taking a few minutes to cool off and watching you all race for a few laps, it is time for my event report.

Qualy 1:

Got two decent hotlaps in, the second of which was a mid 1:52, which put me in 8th overall and 2nd in class. Was pretty pleased with this.

Warmup:

Added loads of fuel and went out for a couple of laps. Was in the 1:53's from the get go. Not the best race pace, I admit, but still, I was happy with the way things were going.

Reset:

To allow a fellow racer with system issues to rejoin, the server was reset.

Qualy 2:

Qualy didn't go so well for me this time around with loads of traffic on the track. Did not manage to a single clean lap in. Ended the session with a mid 1:55, way off pace, all the way down in 12th overall.

Race:

I joined the grid right away and went to alt+tab out to pause iTunes, which I had playing in the background. For some reason I hit ESC instead and my race was over before it had even begun. It makes me mad just thinking about it. Hours and hours getting ready for this event, all for nothing. :(

Any ways, I'll be watching from the sidelines, wishing you all the best of luck and loads of fun. :)

Also would like to thank Eric for all the hard work he put into setting this event up. Looking forward to the next one.

• Matt Crouch

I'm unfortunately out due to annoying lag causing housemates. I always have my ping open in a window and it was going ok until lap 15 when it pretty much went to full on ping timeouts. Everyone else seemed to be moving fine so I decided to pit to check if I really was lagging. Then Rhys says in chat that I am so I decide to quit there. I guess the culprit is using something involving a lot of upload bandwidth as I wouldn't have had any idea if I didn't have the ping open.

Apologies if this caused any problems to anyone.... disappointed really :rain:

p.s. please don't keep chatting if you're out at the start except for important messages.. it was very distracting in the first few laps... TS is fine (what it's meant for), but in game it's a problem

Sorry guys for exiting but my computer was annoying. Firstly the game started lagging very bad somewhere in lap 12 i think and i stopped the car until it was back to normal(by then i lost about 2 minutes). I continued the race but somewhere in lap 33 it started again and when it stopped i lost connection so i exited the race. Very sorry guys for the problems i caused due to the computer errors.
Anyway thank you all for the great race. Have fun!

Lap 38 engine failure, probably I was a bit too aggressive with the down shifts but I dunno if that was it. Water and oil were both at 75 Deg and I was short shifting through out the race, real pity I was getting into a good fight with James. He had the better of me in the last sector and I had him in the first two sectors, was quite the fight. Will watch from the sidelines.

Put me down as a maybe, I got a mechanical failure in the super enduro in the C5R of all cars, that thing is bullet proof, the stupid 7L Chevy engine just seized on me braking from 270kph, can believe it. If my ass can take more sitting down I'll join u guys.

Computer even started doing the graphic problem on here! I'm gonna roll back to the 182 drivers, these 185s seem unstable.

cmnxcvmj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play