RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Didn't even remember the tap-- it was really fair, you backed up immidiately and both got away with it. Epic straight-to-T1 battles..

EDIT:Are those pics attachments or did you scale them to fit? Much cleaner that way than to have the big pictures.. and can anybody tell what's wrong with my setup to get those blind spots? The pic is taken just before it draws the track, it is a big nuisance to get those unnecessary blind corners.. i have the stoneage x1650 ati (overclocked and hacked to get half a gigs of video and 1 gigs of texture memory running at 772mhz...)

• Matt Crouch

EDIT:Are those pics attachments or did you scale them to fit? Much cleaner that way than to have the big pictures..

They are attachments. Saved as jpegs then uploaded. Shows you full size if you click on them again. Downside of course is that they appear at the end of the post, although you might be able to copy and paste the thumbnail in after posting.

Anyone whose bothered about big pictures can set a maximum image size in the control panel anyway for inline ones like you've posted :).

test:

well it didn't do the whole javascript bit but it kind of worked

• Andrew Evans

man... MAN!

spent the afternoon getting to grips with motec and using it to help develop a setup.... for the first time ever i can see a light somewhere in the murk of all this clicky, tweaky crap!

ran a 1:33 dead in offline practice... couldn't even get with 1.5 seconds of that in real practice.... finally got a 1:33 something in qually and started about 13th....

had a lovely moochy opening lap or two and found myself running in a genuine 4th place... comfortable gap behind... mebbe a miley to be a-hunting in front...

then i hear a weird click from my wheel... but think nothing of it...

then i hear a massive cracking sound - as do all the ts breads and my wheel is flapping around off my desk.... figured it's just come unclamped or one of the stubby bits has slipped... try to retighten it on the straight while my comfortable gap melts away... reaching the end of the straight something falls off my wheel and i die in the wall....

turns out the clamp completely sheared near the top... impossible to repair... mucho pissed off about a potentially sweet race ruined... bah, weep, sniffle etc.... (also, much swearing)...

stayed on ts and provided commentary with other geezers who had also bitten the dust... as ever, much lub to the ts breads... :D

looks like i'm gonna be an arcade racer until i find out if logitech are as happy to replace a dfp as they are a g25....

gruesome:

dsc00093.jpg

Well that was pretty much a nightmare for me this race. My first ever longer then 8 laps on GTREvo, and I new it. Quali wasnt all that bad, wasn't last so I was pretty satisfied as it was my first time on this track too. After the start of the race everything went from bad to worse, had too pit after a few laps because my car was almost completly dead.... the pit took about 50 seconds so was already behind 1 lap. Lost the car again completly a few laps later and again had to pit for another big repair job. Then I finaly got the "flow"of the track and was getting pretty consistent just up untill the point were I hit the wall in the 4th or 5th corner and lost my left front wheel, but I wasn't about to give up on my first race so I made it back to the pits on 3 wheels, made some coffee for myself and let the pit crew repair my mini for the last time and finished the race dead last and only :) 5 laps behind the winner :woot2: ahhh well better luck next time I still had fun tho, hope to race you guys again soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes