RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Very lonely but very enjoyable on this challenging track. Spent a lot of time on my own in a safe 3rd and for the last few laps decided not to push past Ylitalo and Steve, who were having an epic fight so dropped off and watched.

This is my 3rd podium in the last 3 races and I am over the moon with my run of good fortune, just hope it keeps up tomorrow.

Thanks Andrew for another magic mini friday.

...I hope this is just a practice thing and everyone stays to the left of the white line during the race...

It’s nice of you to wary about this things, its shows that like me you want to finish the race above everything... regarding the matter, you brought to attention, remember 3 things:

1. It is racetrack on the 2 sides of that pit exit protection line.
  2. Inside the protection line the car exiting the pits has priority.
  3. Outside the pit exit protection area (to the left), the faster car has priority.
1 means that the racer already on the track (not coming from the pits) if he wishes to do so he can cross the pit exit protection line, but… 2 implies that if a car is exiting the pits at that moment, he will have to go around or brake because the slower car exiting the pits has priority inside that line.

3 is the regular and known rule regarding exiting the pit lane, reciprocally the car exiting the pit can go across that line (even when nothing is coming no one does it because the car losses speed), but the car on the racetrack has priority (and is much faster).
I myself regarding this matter try to get used to a race line that doesn’t go over the pit exit protection area (just in case someone is coming out and I don’t notice it). On other hand, when exiting the pits I don’t cross the pit exit protection line (to the left) and just gain speed going straight giving the inside line to anyone coming faster.

Slitely OT, as matter of fact, on endurance races (120+ minutes) I don’t defend race lines (unless fighting for position near the end of the race), I do (keep) my line and if someone his faster just needs to overtake me using a different line as I won’t change mine just because someone is behind. The all concept of keeping someone faster than me behind for over 120 minutes not only is probabilistic unlikely but also goes against my idea of simracing.

Since I’m at it, and as there is a big straight here at Paul Ricard too, let me suggest that we do here like it is/was done in Le Mans in real live (RL)… slower cars on the right side of the straight, overtaking cars (faster) on the left.

So, please, don’t move way to the left (hastily) to let a faster car go by, just keep to your right, likely the faster car will take opportunity to follow the draft for a few meters than it will do the overtake by the left. If you are alone in the streigh, do whatever you like, even a 360º :D

Obviously on the turns (or into a turn) when going a lap down (blue flag) the things go as normal RD (and RL) rules command.

ok that didnt work...any other ideas..? lol

I have just sent you a PM...

Loverly stuff :thumb:

Got P2 in quali after a great battle with Gary. Got held up a teeny bit on my best lap, but Gary did the job super :). Lost out by .035 I think.

Race: Lost a spot to Rickard off the line, but tok it back after getting a slight overlap going down the dip out the back of the circuit. Then Lap 3, I committed the cardinal sin of going off at T1, bouncing lovely-ly off the barrier back into 3rd behind Thorpey but got past a lap later.

I tried to keep up with Gary but my car was a handful tbh. I dropped back to about 10 seconds behind, before sliding off a couple of corners after Steven scared the hell out of me while on the kerb haha, to leave the gap at 15 seconds and incurring a little more damage.

Pitted lap 22, as early as I dared didn't lose that much time repairing damage and when Gary pitted I was 15 seconds behind again. Bob hadn't pitted and I caught up to him awfully quickly but aaargh, I touched him coming out of the last turn, spinning him, costing us about 10 seconds. So sorry Bob, hadn't anticipated the speed difference, plus I think you were moving across to go in the pits? Anyway, apologies, thankfully it didn't cost you a place.

I was definitely too far behind now at 22 seconds so I just settled back and enjoyed observing battles as I moved through the traffic. All were very courteous aside from a couple of incidents both at T3. Laurance went off and almost took me with him as he re-joined haha, was fun and Bart, what the hell lol. He bounced across the grass and rejoined right in the path of me and Yves, I had no choice but to nerf him!

On lap 42ish I went off again at T1 while going round Alex. I had caught a slipstream and had gone a bit too fast hehe. I could have limped round to the end but I didn't fancy that. I had a big enough gap to Bob and not to get lapped by Gary so I came in for some fresh tyres and did some banzai laps for the hell of it :). Nice persistent drive through the field Rob :thumb:

Thanks to Andrew, I do prefer the shorter races, but an Enduro is also good :)

I herby claim the tag of RaceDepartment's Jarno Trulli. Great over one lap but mediocre in races! :D

Ryan 'Jarno' Callan out. :)

Scraped a sneaky peachy lap for pole by a puffteenth ahead of Callano...

Not a full on nitro kung fu start but enough to break clear and i knew to immediately push while the gaggle behind were getting jiggy with each other and it payed off well with nice cushion of comfort at pits time.
Pit went very smooth and after the shakedown the cushion was bigger so no action to the finish,just plenty of mixing with all the very nice blue flag guys,thanks to you all for some clever kindness....even you Buxto! :p,i needed waking up about that point in the race anyway :D.

Well done Ryo and Bob and all who finished :good:.
Thanks Yee Andrew et' RD!!!

{that track made me visualize Caterham japes.....} :wink2:

I hope there are in the future more like this Endurance races (50 laps is also good). :rotfl:
Because i am more a endurance racer. I need to get into my groove for about 10 laps or 15 laps. I then i can race forever without any big mistakes. I didn't signed up for this event because i am relative new with Race 07 and i just want to get a good feeling of the game before i participed in these events. I am glad to see that everbody is so serious like for instance João and John. I hope it's a succes and there for we see more like these events. Good luck. :skywalker:

Whoah, what a race!

Qualy 12th, which was ok:)

At the start lost a couple of places spinning the wheels. First corner and contact with Antonia, sorry about that. I looked the replay and it was a racing incident, so me not backing up was correct thing to do.. I was on the inside and kept my line. Managed to keep my original position due to people spinning in front and gained a few for the same reason. At lap 8 Dan was all over my ass and we had a good fight for P5 when i heard a loud cry on TeamSpeak: Andrew had a steering wheel failure of some sort (it broke off the table?) and he drove off. Sorry about that mate.. So it was a battle for 4th then. Thank goodness i had a solid braking point in to T1, that saved me from countless overtakes.. Too bad that my Graphics Card left me driving blind for many of the turns, take a look at this screencap..
capture_2009-05-16_01-40-12.jpg

So it was an interesting race as this happened all over the track. And yes, i had the draw distance maxed out... This happens a lot on custom tracks that have big height differences and twisting turns at the same time, usually downhill..

I chose to have 2 stops cause i was afraid that my tires woudn't last but at the lap 18 on my first scheduled stop i had plenty of grip still. Stupid decision that cost me the 4th place. After the stop i came out from the pit just behind Steve Palmer and boldly took a very late braking in T1.. Clean overtake! I think Steve didn't expect that and drove a little soft. From there on it was a Duel! Best battle so far. Clean and hard racing it was. Steve pitted at last but then i got Matt C on my tail. He got me couple of times in the straight but i got him back at braking. Brilliant racing! Here's a screencap to show how thight it was:
capture_2009-05-16_02-14-01.jpg

Then came the dreaded pitstop and it was on again with Steve. Didn't change the rear tires and the balance was lost. Had to learn again how to drive that track. Real Battle to the finishing line.

A great race and my first that i had a real shot in the points. Finished 7th but with out my stupid tactic it could've been 4th.. I've come to grips at defending position as i always have to just that. I know that i can be a real bastard of doing some extra braking in some points and forcing people behind to dash for the brakes and lose the straight line speed but hey, that's just a tactic...

And a special thanks to guys at TS. It was fun to listen and reminded that i've got to get that mic setup..Much more fun with TeamSpeak..

• Matt Crouch

:woop:
Another classic enduro... this is why I prefer the mini enduros to sprints :) (and I didn't have any practice until 8:20pm :wink2:)

Took me quite a few laps in practice to get round the track, picked up my time a fair amount for quali and started 15th. Didn't matter as I was spun on the first lap anyway so I was in 25th for a short time. Apologies to Nuno for being in the way - don't think either of us could have avoided that.

Good race from there after a couple of shaky laps as people span all around. Picked up confidence in the track and moved up to about 5th, with a lot of good races on the way, before pitting.

After the pit were the highlights of the race. Racing Kennett, who hadn't pitted edit: ok, was pitting twice :p, for 4th. Apologies for the tap, as you may well have heard me say on TS I wasn't expecting Yves to be coming through behind us from 17th, but looking at the replay it seems like a pretty fair pass...

I span it on the grass coming down the hill from 4th a couple of times, only losing a few seconds each time, but it led to Rob catching me for the immense battle for 4th. The way he gained on me in the first place I wasn't expecting to be able to keep up, but for the last few laps I had no idea who was going to come out ahead. I knew we were going to be the last to finish as Gary was coming up on the final straight behind us. Ended up almost a photo finish with me just behind in 5th.

Luckily me and Gary never passed without a pit-wall between us or there would have been some kind of temporal anomaly that would probably have destroyed the universe. Phew. Well co-ordinated.

Thanks everyone :) And it was a novel experience having running commentary of our races as they took place :heh:

pic 1 - The Ben Sandwich coming on to the pit straight just as Gary (back, and a lap ahead) pitted
pic 2 - The pit wall to which we all owe our lives (me on the left being lapped - you can tell because mine's dented)
pic 3 - The finish with Robthrope

Attachments

• bensandwich.jpg
    bensandwich.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 195
  • pitwall.jpg
    pitwall.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 187
  • close.jpg
    close.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 179
Andrew, sorry about this but have to pull out, the wife has decided she needs to be taken out. Caused hell to boil when I said it would have to be after the RDTCC round, so couldn`t cope with more ear bashing to drive in this as well. Sorry again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes