RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Kyle Evers

Ugh, what a disappointment! First, I show up late to practice and hold up the whole race (soccer game). Then I didn't realize qualifying was two laps, so I screwed up qualifying. Ran like a 1'44 :(.

Race: Got a false start, penalized with Stop/Go. Then on T1 I accidentally traded paint with someone, sent them off a bit (sorry for whoever that was!). Then I went around T2 fine, but exiting T2 someone made contact with my left rear side. Spun me out, I was sideways on the track, open for hits. Tried turning back onto the track and someone hit me. I barrel-rolled about 3 times into the dirt. Punctured my tire, all my fenders were screwed up. So I had a really difficult time getting to the pits. I get to the pits and they were supposed to fix my fenders but they didn't. Keep in mind I haven't even gotten to L2 yet. So that takes 30 seconds. By that time I was already lapped by everyone, and I still needed to redeem my Stop/Go. So I go around the track fine and do my stop and go. So now I'm all good and I'm hoping I can stay in for the rest of the race. But nope, had to eat dinner. Really disappointed.

Also please know I am not blaming anyone for anything, accidents happen. Sorry for whoever I caused any damage to.

Never driven these cars before and it was a challenge to learn a new car and a newish (I know the layout at least) track at the same time on the back of RDMCC. Plus Yves was flying!

Qulaified P2, screwed up my lap completely but Yves was always favourite.

In the race i got a reasonable start. Both me and Yves were like 'after you', no, after youuu' in the braking zone for T1 lol. I got through and to my extreme surprise I opened up a lead setting a great laptime (better than pole!) that would stand as fastest lap all race!

However driving a car I'm not comfortable with and having to push so hard could only end in tears and twice I span after putting an inch of rubber on the grass. The second time I rejoined behind Adam. I tried an overtake, probabaly ambitious in retrospect, and I span Adam out quite dramatically.

Thankfully no lasting damage done and we rejoined behind Matt and Michel, who was holding us all up a little. Had a great bit of side by side action with Matt, passed Adam when he pitted and was right on Michel's tail when I pitted. Came out 7th but soon picked my way up to 4th through people pitting and just had to wait for Greg and Michel to pit to take their places to finish 2nd. Was gaining chunks of time on Yves in the final 5 laps but I'm sure he was just taking it easy.

Thanks to Eric and RD :)

Thanks for being ok with me signing up late.

Qualifying:

Didnt expect much as I was well of the pace but eneded up being 3rd so was well happy.

Race:

Got a well a start (had to get a difficult start in these 4wd audis) and shot off into turn 1. Broke early not to hit rya or yves. Then yves and ryan slowly got away and P4 was catching me but maged to then slowly get away. Then ryan spun in front so i jus got him as he came back on track. But then coming into t1 he gave me a hefty shunt in the rear spinning me to a stop. He waited for me to get back on and his allowed P4 and 5 to catch so i let them through as i would of came back in track right in the middle of them. manged to put a brilliant move on P5 and than started trying to get P4. But m tyres were already wrecked and I had a strategy of pitting early and not taking any tyres. So lap 13 in I went and missed my pit completely and had to reverse this lost me about 40 secs to a minute. After that just waiting for people to pit to regain position. Then coming tot he end fo the race Michel spun so I was right behind him and I should have had him into T1 bu just forgot to brake completely cutting the track by miles lol. So i stoped to let michel past and finised in 6th. quite happy considering my tyres were on 17% and it was horrible to drive.

Thanks Rd and Eric for the event. :good:

Edit: Well done Yves and podium.

Then on T1 I accidentally traded paint with someone, sent them off a bit (sorry for whoever that was!).

Kyle, that was me and I have no idea why you would try to win a 30 lap race at the first turn (specially as you said you would have to leave for dinner before the start). You didn`t even wait (golden rule)! and as for the other incident, you joined track and went straight into someone.

I can only ask you take more care next time.

Apart from the T1 debacle the race was most enjoyable.

Thanks Eric for setting it up and RD for hosting and congrats to Yves, amazing pace.

• Kyle Evers

Kyle, that was me and I have no idea why you would try to win a 30 lap race at the first turn (specially as you said you would have to leave for dinner before the start). You didn`t even wait (golden rule)! and as for the other incident, you joined track and went straight into someone.

I can only ask you take more care next time.

Apart from the T1 debacle the race was most enjoyable.

Thanks Eric for setting it up and RD for hosting and congrats to Yves, amazing pace.

Well the second incident I was basically stationary, but I don't remember moving much at all.

And sorry for the wreck! I usually take the inside of the track when braking for T1, as where everyone else would be at the left side. I took the turn too fast, and I didn't feel as if I was that far forward but I guess you were cutting across more so than I. Guess I need some more practice before I start racing online again :crying:

Well the second incident I was basically stationary, but I don't remember moving much at all.

And sorry for the wreck! I usually take the inside of the track when braking for T1, as where everyone else would be at the left side. Guess I need some more practice before I start racing online again :crying:

Kyle youve made a mistake just learn from it dude. Youll be fine just watch the replay and learn from the mistake and get back out there :good:

• Kyle Evers

Even if I hadn't dinner at that time, I was well behind by at least 2 laps by L5, because of the damage and Stop/Go. There's no way I'd finish anywhere near the middle, most likely last.

And yeah I really need to look at that replay.

• Matt Alpeter

Overall had a good run with a few nice battles and a battle with my chest as well...

Qually: Threw down my PM and landed 6th

Race: Got a good launch and nabbed 5th but lost it to Michel who came up way inside. Was running well and watching some trades when we came to the slow S corners and I ran up onto Pierre's rear wheel (sorry mate). No damage done except a couple lights out, so we continued well. We were having a great close battle when he dropped a wheel onto the grass and took off spinning. Spent about 5 laps catching up to Michel and by the time I did that Adam and Ryan were right on my bumper. Adam slid by and I tried to hold off Ryan, but was knocked off track by a pretty aggressive move so I decided to back off and let them go. Came in to pit on lap 15, started the car while in the air but accidentally bumped the fuel switch and turned the car back off so spent an extra few seconds trying to get the engine restarted and came out 9th behind Mitch who grabbed some grass and took a sideways dive, letting me by. Drove some decent laps and regained my spots due to people pitting, then some crazy pain in my chest started happening. It started about T3 of lap 26 and by mid track I was hardly able to concentrate and drove myself into a spin. Rejoined just after Tim who let me by again. By lap 28 I was about ready to quit and take a trip to the doc, but I figured I'd be a man and delay it as much as possible and finish the race. Picked up a spot somehow and drove home to a third place finish. Grats to everyone for another great race!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back