RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Quali: 1.36.4 putted me on the second place.

Race 1: Started with slicks, and had a great start, after 4 laps it started raining, but I continued with my slicks, finishing 1st with a gap of 20 seconds.

Race 2: After 3 laps I was in position 2 behind Sol, but he made a mistake so I could pass him. Saw him coming closer each lap, and last 3 laps I had to defend my position, but kept my 1st position with a gap of about 1 second.
Thanks Sol for the nice and fair race !

See you all next time.

Bloody brilliant race chaps , in g1.

Never done the track , no practise at all and not been in the bmw before.

4th first race and 4th second race .3rd overall.

great clean racing where i was and alot of fun
thanks to simon for setup and thanks to all who was near me for fun clean racing.
gratz to winners :thumb:

Had brilliant fun in group 1. Race 1 because of the conditions, started dry, then rained, stopped raining and started drying out. Race 2 great battle with Neil (Liked following you listening to the E46), Rob & Jamie, especially the last lap with Jamie. Either race would make a great video. Race 1 for the rain and dry/wet line effects, race 2 for the battles that went on.

Glad the setup helped Rob, that setup fell into place in practice and started working brilliantly.

had good race in Race 1 starting in 13th place with the E46 and finishing 5th i think

Race 2 had a blistering start from 3rd with a 1 second gap after turn 2, but lack of experience with the bmw and the track i finished in 7th.

Good race all.

Also using a setup from race 06 for the E90 was good too.

Group 1

Practice: Stuggling with over heating tyres (as high as 119C) unable to break the 1:40.1xx mark. dropped out 12 points of pressure and broke into 1:38.7xx

Quali: Cooler track... upped pressure about 4 points. got 6th on grid.

Race1: Not sure what happened here. Said raining, popped on wets, added 1 click of wing and softed spings 5points all round. Damp track for start, but on lap 2 ran wide a attwood, soft clip into barrier and then engine died. no restart or anything... dead... no mention of unrepairable damage... just dead... did i mention it was dead? hey ho retired to watch the race and the rain fall after 3-4 laps.

Race2: Back to dry track - cool but dry - loaded my preferred set up and sat at back of grid. finished 8th after some good moves and a great scrap with lee over a few laps. talk about pressure!!!

Overall: Another great event. Good choice of circuit - flowed very well and Toledo handles well. shame i've got to move onto another car for next event. Maybe time to try out a Beemer??? I recommend a drag strip! ;)

Server 2

Had a great evening race!

Race 1:
I checked the forecast and noticed the word "rain", ran back to the pits and put on the wet tyres. Unfortunately the race started in dry weather so I had some problems during the first few laps. Got banged up pretty good on two occasions and fell down in the order. As I was sulking for myself ( about the lost positions) the rain started :rockband: ROCK ON! Here we go, I'm back in business!

Sure enough, I took back a few of the lost positions and finished in 7th :) I had a very tough fight with Broxman for almost half of the race. A very fair but fierce battle - good fun :thumb:

Race 2:
Second on the grid, took a great start and was first in to T1. I knew I was in a slower car so I tried to drive like the wind. opened up a small gap on the first lap but were soon overtaken by to faster cars.

For the rest of the race, from about lap 3, I had probably the best fight so far this season with Raino Priha :schermen: I managed to keep him at bay, but I really had to work for it. And when I mean work, I mean work! Man, I was really sweaty afterwards :p

I hope to see you all at the next race!
:drunk:
Kind regards,
Karl

Server 1

prac:
the 250+ laps payed back i did on okayama had a great battel with jamie for the pole time till patrick joined and shatterd my dreams of my first pole

qualy:
what a great qualy patrick was setting a unbeatable 1.36.5 for a long time i was 2nd with a new pb of 1.37.604, but 2 mins befor the qualy ends
jamie decides it cant be true to get beaten by a puegoet and pulled a 1.37.5 out of his jacked so well 3rd still my best qualy ever at RD

race1:
the nightmare starts!!!
RAIN!!!! so i changed to wet tyers ofc as i entered the track it was dry *plz someone shoot simbins wetter man*
i dropped throug the field like a bullet while trying to keep at least a bit speed i worked up my tyers, so as it finaly in lap 7 or 8 was starting to rain
i was back on slicks making bubbles like a schoolgirl
still finished on 9th

race2:
the nightmare continues!!!
got a great start and made it up to eckhart's inside till turn one but could go past him cuz he was on the better line
after the hairpin i touched jamie who was outside of me, while waiting for his rejoin i missed that move totaly so i was left on the verry end of the field
with a gab of 25 secs. the next 3 laps i did a lot of mistakes cuz i was constandly overdriving the car to get back in touch with the field
with 32 secs gab to the last one i decidet to stop and watch the race as spec

looking forward to the next event

Lost signal!!!

Qually: was on for 8th till connection failed, managed to get it loaded just in time to start last for race 1!!

Race1:
Started 15th with Bram in 14th we made our way thourgh together to 7-8 positions till my connection cut out!
Does that still count as my useage of a BMW E90??

• Strider

Nice clean race in g1.

Never checked the forecast so fortunately started race 1 with slick tires.
In race 2 I had a great battle with Robert Maytum. Thanks mate :), and thanks to all for the great event.

great fun

practice: noticed the same problem Skipy pointed at and lucked on the same solution.
quali: new PB of 1:39:4xy put me in 10th of13.

race1: totally forgot to check weather and stayed on dry setup. Sb. slept at start and this put me in 7th, another couple of turns on and I was in 4th, getting more and more excited ... I then outbraked Jamie (never knew I could do that) who clearly had some balance problems with full tanks. Boys, I, the perennial second to last, was in third! Then it started to drizzle and I started to move OOOOOOh so carefully. Gaynall caught up with me but stayed well clear, never even trying to pass [edit: just watched the replay: He sure tried but was gentleman enough to always draw back, we went side by side through a couple of turns, whooza]. Pure friendship, I'd say. I ran wide in lap10 or so after an unbelievable six laps in podium position and finished 6th.
Never witnessed the changeing weather before in one race (dry - drizzle - dry but track still wet), absolutely brilliant.

race2: started from third and was swamped by - of all things - a pack of pink Beemers! That was a rather surreal sight. Ran wide in lap2 and stayed in almost last the rest of the race, tires waiting for that drizzle to cool them down which never materialized, after lap7 it was slide slide slide.
Finished 10th I think.

Very clean driving and nice chat, a perfect evening, thx RD for picking the track, it's great!

Group 1, SEAT Toledo.

Qualy:
1:37.5xx to nip into P2, 2 minutes before the end of the session.

Race 1:
Someone said "Rain!" on TS, so I immediately put wets on and went to the grid... without refueling. Had absolutely no grip for the first few laps (wasn't because of full tanks Eckhart, that's for sure!) until my second stint when it started raining. Eventually I ran low on fuel again but forgot to pit so I coasted around with the clutch for a lap, just about made it back into the pits, and went on to finish last.

Race 2:
Dry this time; managed to scythe through the field in only a matter of laps to get up to 6th. Had a bit of a moment with Gaynall, but let him through again before recatching him and passing. Coming up to the last 2 laps or so I had made the gap up to Simon and Rob in the pink BMW brigade in P2 and P3, who both oversteered off convieniently, but my tyres went a bit off on the last lap so I had a great defensive battle with Simon, eventually just beating him to P2, from 12th on the grid. :)

Superb racing and really great guys on TS as well, major fun. Exactly the sort of thing we want here at RD; I'm really proud that we have some real class on the servers.

Just what I wanted on my birthday. :)

• Michael Sharpe

Group 2

Qualifying: my first lap of the track in the SEAT was halfway thru quali (no practice as I was watching footy :) luckily I had experienced the track in old F1 game on PS1 :D) so I was quite happy to get my laptime to just 3.2 off the best driver, this put me 10th out of 15.

Race1: by dumb luck I didn't read the forecast so went with dries for the start which was definitely the correct choice, in the early dry laps I went from last (I had been nudged off at t1 lap1) to 6th as those on wets were struggling. When it started raining I was quite slow, but I had such a large gap behind me that I was ok in my position. I had been challenging for 4th early but the rain slowed my pace too much so I settled for 6th.

Race2: started 3rd and I had a good start (I think my technique of full revs at the start is paying off for FWD :)) but 3 RWD cars went thru so I was 4th into t1, then down to 6th as faster cars passed me. Had a great race with David Lemon and Blue Flag teamm8 Mikael Larsson, as I managed to hold them back for most of the race. I was being passed by David into t1 when he spun, then Mikael got ahead for 5th place on last but one lap, so I got 6th again.

had great fun at this track, definitely one of my better races for a while. Now I want to qualify for a tourny race :)

• Raino Priha

Qual: Couldn't get a very fast lap and qualified 9th.

Race 1: I had a poor start and I was 12th after the first corner. On lap 4 I was running 5th and then the rain and fun started. I had some doubts about how I'm going to make it in the end with RWD car and rain. Then I was behind Yoeri Gijsen for a few laps until he made a mistake on lap 9 and I was able to pass him. Finished 4th.

Race 2: Started 5th and had a very good start and improved my position to 2nd. Made some mistakes and a couple of cars passed me. Then I had a really good fight with Karl Westman. I felt I was faster but I just couldn't find enough speed on the straights to make a pass. On the last two laps my tires felt hot and slippery and I finished 4th behind Karl.

Overall: A lot of fun especially when it was raining. And thanks for the great race, Karl. :thumb:

• SMillar13

Group 2

Qualifying;
Put in a awesome lap to start 5th after only ever doing 5 laps of the circuit

Race 1;
My first ever race was bad, it said it was raining so I opted for wets, but it was dry. First lap I was almost last in to the first corner, then got punted off getting a puncture and a DNF :(

Race 2;
Stared last(13th) passed some guys then had a battle with Broxman I think. On last lap David lemon went wide so I passed him to finish 6th, then 7th overall

Race One:

Qualified up in 5th but made a mess of the start and found myself on wets on a dry track. Pulled into the pits at the end of lap 1 to change them not realising i couldn't and took on another races worth of fuel in the process :S

Rejoined the track to see the rain streaming down and spent the rest of the race wondering if i was on dry tyres or if the car really was just that bad....

Race Two:

Better start and ran with a good crowd for most of the race but as the laps went on the Honda was worse and worse. By the end of the race my front tyres were so hot the paint on the bonnet was starting to peel!

.... Thankfully i can't use that car next time :)

Grp 1

Q: Qualied about mid-field, better than expected

R1: Saw the "RAIN" on chat, too. Had been burnt before with the raning in info, but get on track and just sprinkling, so went to monitor another car on track to see what it looked like and chose to stay on slicks. Got 3rd, my first podium in FD by being lucky, but I'll take it!:jumping: Catching you and passing you are two different things, Eck. Was trying to pass clean, didn't want to mess our race up!:)

R2: Dry track, everyone on slicks, the usual race.:) NP, Jamie. Just a racing tap! (And Happy Birthday!) Big sorry to Anthony Hilton on the punt in T1. Messed up my braking totally!:sign0013: P6 or P5, Neil braked hard at the finish line for some reason.

Great racing, guys! Till next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 37 84.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 34.1%