RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Race 1:

Was ok, started in P21 :lol: Cars that have less than perfect handling around this track was more fail then you could shake a stick at. Had fun racing Marin Colak.

Race 2:

Started from P2, had a nice little drag race with Yves :D Then got punted off by someone at T1 and that let the whole field pass me. :grumble: Then was behind Marin Colak again, he came off, i came off then was behind Matt Crouch, then i came off again.. Then i spun someone and left me and him in the middle of the track :\

So to conclude: never racing in the Gumpert Apollo again.

:D

• Kieran Mcgeachy

Thanks Jamie mate, it'l be brilliant what you show in video as there was some seriously close racing, cant wait till you put it up matey

They should have mounted some proper brakes on this car!

Race 1 went ok and p1 ment p8 for the 2nd race at the grid. First laps where messy and tapped a few times a driver infront of me, and somehow we both got thrown in a spin, lag i think.

Then some good fights to 2nd place. Closing gap to gary, right on his tale and he misses last corner a bit and It was either go off or hit. So I went off in last corner and again 5 secs behind:) Closed the gap again for some epic last lap. Gary spun a bit so I went for the pas, didn't work cause that spun made me go off aswell;) then kinda took a weird line in 2nd to last corner. Kinda harsh overtake sry for that. Adrenaline was pumping!

cheers:beer:

• Matt Crouch

a challenging one, but what is life without a challenge*?

Race 1 lasted a few turns. Got an unlucky knock from behind which ended up with me in an uncontrollable see-saw, which cause one person to hit me and another who probably didn't see me while focussing on others, to sadly plough into me at high speed leaving my engine dead. whoops :embarrassed:

For the rest of race 1 I went to get my only set of bedsheets from the dryer to find that the dryer has broken... hurrah. During this time all the practice was slowly seeping away

Race 2, started at the back, bit more successful overall. Spent a while trying to hold Rob back even though he was clearly faster :p, meanwhile I tried to relearn the car/track combo. When Marin span I didn't expect him to move off when he did, so we tapped and this caused the above Rob / Herrmann incident :(. Apologies there. Spent the rest of the race taking it easy and it was quite relaxing in the end (apart from the odd mini-see-saw) :)

Thanks for the event and sorry again to anyone I may have stupid-ed into

* answer: easier.

For me things went pretty well. Quali 10th for the 1st race and finished 5th. In the second race i was trying to lest somebody pass me but i braked too hard and he hit me an i went into the wall(sorry for that) but i still finished 7th. So overall 5th with 6pts.
Thanks for the race guys an see you soon!

Race 1: --> klick me for stats <--

Good start from p6. Tryed to follow the first 3 but they was to fast lol. lost then a place against Hannu. Then I did stupid mistakes and lost a lot of time. Then I crashed out into the wall and damaged my car. Drove then without splitter the last 5 laps. Lost very much time there lol-->p9

Race 2: --> klick me for stats <--

Start was good, but then I decidet to do a bit slow the first courners and not to risk. Then a lot of people infront with mistakes and crashes lol and suddenly I was on p4 :rotfl:. Tryed to follow Yves on p3 4secs infront, but had a bit problems going his pace. Then he did a mistake and I was on p3 :dance2:. My pace was not very fast and so the guys behind me came closer and closer lol and 2 laps left Yves behind me. Tryed to defend and he did a mistake and feeld back. Then Kimmo behind me the last lap. Tryed ti defend but he was clear faster and overtook me the last courners and stole my podium hahaha LOL :rotfl:.

Grats for the event I think it was great. It was a bit hard to drive that car, even more if you never drove it :rotfl:, but I like challenges very much and I want it as hard as possible and that today was absolutly my taste so I will join the next "mistery race" :good: please with heavy rain haha :rotfl:

Thx dudes for a fun race event :clap:

First time i tried this car as for many others i guess.

Qualify.
Managed to get 5p i guess ?.

Race 1.
Made a poor start lost several positions in the start. drived a
bit carefully the first laps just to keep the car on track and avoid accidents, after maybe 6-7 laps i had 2p but did not have any change
catch up Vincent Staal ,not so exiting race for me drove most of the time
alone.

Race 2.
Made a bit better start but lost anyway some positions, you where
really flying in the start :good:, im usually quick on starts but on this event
i had no change . Had several good fights on this race and managed to get 3p in the end.

Conclusion. This car have no brakes and poor traction/steering i will never
by it even if had the money, better to drive Kia Ceed crdi .

Thx dudes for fun racing :clap: as always

Regards
Kimmo Tuisku

lol I got hit at race 1 lap nr2 corner nr1, got plowed down by a guy named james yates I think.. and I've learned one thing tonight, one good thing, never ever join misteryous races :D

If you watch the replay you will see that it was not my fault. You moved across to the inside which gave me the impression that you were defending into turn 1. I then got a good bit of tow off the car in front of you which helped me to move alongside, then suddenly you moved back across without looking which pushed me straight into a wall removing a wheel and ending my race. At that point i quit because i didn't want to sit through 25 mins of a race to start at the back of the next one.

If you watch the replay you will see that it was not my fault. You moved across to the inside which gave me the impression that you were defending into turn 1. I then got a good bit of tow off the car in front of you which helped me to move alongside, then suddenly you moved back across without looking which pushed me straight into a wall removing a wheel and ending my race. At that point i quit because i didn't want to sit through 25 mins of a race to start at the back of the next one.

calm down I didnt say it was your fault, but anyway I wasnt driving zig zag either, and I have watched the replay after the race. we was in the braking zone so you should expect to see people brake a little earlier, especially with these cars.

calm down I didnt say it was your fault, but anyway I wasnt driving zig zag either, and I have watched the replay after the race. we was in the braking zone so you should expect to see people brake a little earlier, especially with these cars.

I don't need to calm down - it didn't annoy me in any way, i just wanted to put across my point of view as your original post pretty much suggested that i punted you off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes