RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Gumpert Apollo road car...

fail-tour-de-fail.jpg

Hmm. Not the best evening. In my top 3 worst car choices the Gumpert would make a strong appearance. Due to it's amazing handling around a tight twisty circuit I managed to get 4th in qualify.

Then in T1 I got rolled over and completely smashed my car up (not Yves fault, Kimmo slowed down too much) which was then un-drivable.

Was this mistery night or misery night? This car takes more skill than I can Manage and the beggining of the race looked like a mine field of Apollo's. After hitting a couple of the mines 1st lap I decided to call it a day. Not sure I ever want to drive that car again. Hope the rest with more skill and patients have fun Im out.

Again amazing quality of race. These Friday runs get better every week. I had my sister join the server for me, cause I was on the road up until 10 mins to quali, luckily I made it and was able to start getting into the groove.

Quali: Had a wicked first 2 sectors, and then botched the last sector which put me in 5th.

Race 1: Had an INCREDIBLE start, timed the lights perfect, and squeezed through cleanly and into 2nd by exit of T1. Tucked in and started chasing Yves down. By I believe lap 3 or 4 i was up to him when he ran wide and gave up the lead. Nailed my Pit stop and carried on to the win.

Race 2: Started 8th. Got away well, and it was very bunched up into T1. after the carnage I came out of T1 in 8th, and then was passed put back to 9th. I was driving i would say overly cautious the first lap not taking advantages of oppurtunities in trade for no chance of a wreck. Luckily for me there was a few incidents up front which ended up getting me into 4th. Made a clean pass on Dave at the end of the straight and was no behind Jari. Racing with Jari i soon realized he is SOOOOOO hard to pass. I got a wicked run on lap 6 down the straight and stuck it into T1. I began chasing down Warren who had built a nice lead. And was withing .3 of him ending lap 8 when I went into pit. Now I made the mistake of requesting the pit in the previous lap and never went in (BIG MISTAKE) when I entered the pits I then overshot my stall. and also my crew was not ready because I made that mistake. So after the pit stop and starting lap 10 Warren and Jari had gotten ahead of me in the pits. So once again I am behind Jari and he is still extremely hard to pass :) (well done on the defensive driving Jari) - For lap 10,11,12 I drove glued to Jaris bumper trying everything possible to force him into a mistake or get by him somewhere clean. Then lap 13 I went side in T2 and allowed Corey to get by putting me in 4th, which was where I finished.

With the 1st and 4th it was enough to take the overall win. Jari got a very close 2nd overall (welldone)

Thanks Willi for organizing, and thanks RD for hosting, and thanks all who raced.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play