RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I'm so Sorry Rob it was me. That was my mistake i know but very 50/50 for me (racing incident). That was happening on that corner where that funny google advert is. You was trying to get by guy up front i was just behind u. Then you braked because of guy in front i just can't braked and crash happend, i waited and apologised for you, i dont understand why you not continued race. It's 58 lap so everything can happend.

• Andrew Evans

right then... so i haveta post an admin whinge first.. just great...

this week, because we had 2 servers, i tried to balance the groupings between the "slower" and "faster" guys (kudos to lee for the suggestion)... it's not a tag i'm pasting you with... it's just an impression i've got of most you from doing these events over months... and to be fair, i got it spot on for server #1 with the exception of vedran (who i asked if he wanted to change servers and got no reply)....

please let me know, via pm, if you think you shouldn't have been on server 2 (as i did guess with a few people)....

anyways... the vast majority of you guys are totally golden.. can follow what is posted... and just do what is required... however, there's always one or two dickheads that have to piss it up for me....

i don't normally single people out - but tonight is the exception because i'm not posting this against the guys that can play along... but i feel it needs to be put out for the masses for future refs....

running two servers, particularly in this way, is a massive pain in the arse in terms of admin... i totally do this role because i lub it.... there's no other reason... and i give up a substantial proportion of my own time to do it... so when i split the servers and you're assigned to one of them, it's not a f*cking optional choice.... get me? you're assigned for a reason... and if you think it's wrong, pm beforehand, don't change servers in the middle of the event because "someone told me on msn"....

tonight was skarps debut...and whilst i'm checking for no shows i see he's flipped over to server 2... no offence mate, but you were the slowest guy on server 1... so i have no idea what you think you were achieving by switching to server 2.... when i enquire about it i get a load of lip from javanainen... are you admining this event mate? no, i didn't think so... (and i already have you flagged from a previous event :wink:)

so, really, join the server you've been assigned.... and if you can't follow this simple rule then don't f*cking sign up for another mini night.... ok?... sorry to vent, but man, i've had enough of dealing with complete morons... it would be a shame to go back to one server next week when we seem to have fully popped into the attendance realm of two servers... so just do what's needed and everyone, including me, can have a good time....

pfffft....

• Kieran Mcgeachy

RACE

Qualli went well with a PB of 1.24.617 which put me in 6th position

Race, 1st lap chicane in 6th position i couldn't see my braking position braked to hard and spun grrr lol awell, so continued on for another lap and im really sorry ANDREW buddy i hit the rear of his car and pushed him on sorry mate. Continued on for another 20 laps battling trying to get catch up. Catching up got me to 12th position and on the 22 lap i buffed her into the wall on last corner (DAMAGE NOT REPAIRABLE) hate that sentance.

Anyway that was amazing while it lasted really close racing loadsa fun again. Thanks to RD and especially Andrew for setting this up cheers buddy!!

Kudos, Andrew. I can trust in RD's admins to make the right decisions, but the scary fact is, no matter what you do, there will always be "one or two dickheads". Kind of like the Yuji Ide of F1 :)

Thanks for setting up. I love when we get 20+ players in one server, just turns out the way it does sometimes.

Nice racing, bad ending...Enjoyed it though.

Practice, was nowhere near top times haha. Qualify, the same, 14th on grid.

Race was fun, many in front of me made mistakes, so allready won 4 or 5 places, to get behind good ol' Paulo. We had a blast, racing bumper to bumper, and we swapped positions a few times. Only when he made a tiny mistake, I finally overtook him, but he sticked to me like glue. Unfortunately he did a few mistakes, and I coud run away to get to Steven Palmer who took advantage of us battling together, when he passed us a few laps earlier. Lap by lap got closer to him, and then unfortunately at last left corner he went awide and recovered but only to hit the wall, which catapulted him in the air to land in front of me (overdrastic observation, but it's all true haha). Unfortunately suspension broke, but also my steeringwheel came a bit loose of my table, so had to abort.

Nice race tonight.

Thanks for making this happen, Andrew and just reading about the situation you just posted, how hard can it be for anyone to read and to understand the rules of the organization, I wonder?

Never really got the hang of this track, or at least thats what I thought after losing so much time early on and being lapped so easy, but it seems I didn`t learn how to cut the chicane and so slowed down to much to stay on track. The only time i had all four wheels off the track was when i was losing the car, but for some people, after watching the replay, it was a lap after lap event.

Anyway, moan over, enjoyed myself in a freaky way until the chicane did me after 27 lapsand damage was unrepairable.

Oh, and one other thing, I don`t appreciate my thoughts being called stupid ideas by people. It is my opinion just as you have yours so a bit of respect please.

Thanks Andrew and RD

• Andrew Evans

as for my race... it was tights.... made a track re-entry i thought was fine... suddenly kieran was HUGE in the mirrors... sorry mate... i tried to apologise on the following straight (which i'd used for typing all thru prac and q)... as you can see.... what i wrote was pretty eloquent....

Andrew Evans performs a pretty shitty track re-entry.
Kieran McGeachy: Sorry mate
Andrew Evans: np[sm t f faykt
Andrew Evans eats the wall with ALL of his face.

gaaaaah, another night of pure gaaaaah!

roll on next week....

SERVER #2

First off an apology to Danny P. I thought I had got away with that then unfortunately got capapulted sideways into your path and you had nowhere to go. Real shame coz you was taking a few tenths out of me and I was looking forward to a bit off defensive driving for a lap or 2. :handshake:

Quaily 11th on a 1.24.400. Was chuffed with that considering the calibre of opponents on this server (cheers to Andy to think I was upto it :good:)

Race: Had a reasonable start but was passed on the long run up the hill then into the back chichane on the first lap. Think I was up to 8th by the end of the lap. Then had a good few laps slowly catching the battling Paulo and Danny. Managed to get past after quite a few laps and then managed to pull out a little gap while the pair of them had a close battle with each other. Started to close in on Torbjorn but couldn't quite get that extra oomph and I think those hard laps was the start off my undoing. I noticed that the car behind was starting to catch me quite quickly and I started to fall off the pace of the Torbjorn. Then I started to make a few deep entries into T1 which enabled Danny to close to with in second. After a few rough laps I managed to find a rhythm again but it was to no avial. On the second to last corner I went wide and nearly squeezed it past the wall on the thin strip of grass but I just scraped the wall and this sent me into a wild spin and into the path of Danny and sadly left him nowhere to go but into me. End of race for me and as you read above Danny. P6 and P7 respectively at the time.

Was really enjoying the track with some very fast company:worship:

Thank you to Andrew for the event and as always the RD racers.

One BIG gripe. (left this to the end)

I don't mind a bit of on screen chat while practice is on. But ffs please do not do it ALL the way through quailifiying.( I can handle "nice lap" to show appreciation for an outstanding lap, but I don't need a running commentary of absolutely everything on or off the screen)

It just shows a complete lack off respect to your fellow drivers.

Qualied midfield like I expected. Got a decent start making a place up. ended up behind David Lemon. Apologies go out to David. I wantedto come inside to break to avoid any shizzle buit didnt pick the markers up in time and left it to late fro the move. Big sorry, complete numptyness on my part. Hope I ddn't contribute to you leaving a couple of laps later.

That summed up my night really, took a spin at the chicane anddropped right down. kept at it and made some time up at the stops, was 9 secs behindthe guy infront who I'd been chipping time out of steadily for a while. Not long after the pit I caught myself on a flaming wreck coming out of the last left hander, suspension was damaged and my decision to only take fuel was starting to cost me. rolled in a lap down in 7th. Needed more teme to prepare me thinks. Sorry again David I'm an idiot.

Great race! Some 30 laps of very close action! Then went off so decided to pit then spent the rest of the race on my own. Action shot after 20 laps! Talk about close!
untitled-1.jpg

In the pic front to back-
4th Stuart Thomson
5th Me :clap:
6th Laurance Lemon
7th Jamie Ralfs

Cheers for the race guys :highfive:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period