RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Chris Rodgers

Game CTD'd as I was nearing the end of my superpole lap, so there went my race plans :( Hope to be able to stick around for the actual races next week...

Love the cars Gunthar, sound and feel fantastic, excellent work!

Some nice racing tonight.

Qualifying: 14th. I wasn't able to improve on my time from yesterday.

Race 1: Had a monumental stutter just as the race started, which led to me knocking someone off (sorry to whoever it was :(). Had a few good dices with Warren and Gunthar - great racing guys! Sorry for the tap Warren - as I was braking, I clipped the grass, which caused me to spin. My race ended when Gunthar accidentally knocked me off - it happens Gunthar, don't worry about it. :) Grats to Jari.

Race 2: The aforementioned incident meant I had to start from the back of the grid. I got caught up in another start incident, which saw me running in about 14th. Incidents between others allowed me to jump to 10th. I then had an amazing battle with Antoine, with a few taps being exchanged. Thanks for waiting when I went off, Antoine. :thumb: I ended up finishing 11th. Grats again to Jari for the race 2 and overall win!

And thank you to Gunthar for making these races possible with this great mod. Hope to see MOAR V8 racing in the future! :eat:

Supercars are a blast!

Quali P15 No FFB at all lucky to get 15th

Race-1 Made it through mayhem 1st turn. Settled down chased up to Rhys several laps in. Had nice fight trying to get by. Rhys went a little wide in turn I slipped through. Pushed hard to catch up to Keith in 4th with Michael pressuring me from behind. Closed on Keith but never had a good opportunity to pass without risking taking both of us out. Close battle all the way to end though. Nice job Keith holding position. Very clean fun race.

Race 2 FFB about 1/4 strength so the wheel was basically floating in the middle. Still managed to hold around 4th but was on the edge of control making my lines terrible. on lap3 I got a nudge from behind in the braking zone off the long straight and was sent off track into the barrier and that killed the car. No problem because I don't know how long I would last with the FFB not working. Great fun but its 5 am now so I'm off to bed. Warren thx again for the advice and by the way I used your setup tonite worked great. Marty

Well, signed up late as kids woke me up early and quickly downloaded the mod. Thanks to Warren for pointers on Diff set up (should have read the thread here as its dicussed here! doh!)

Practice went well, got used to the car (jumped in the holden as a totally 100% GM man here!!!) but had to give the curbs a bit of respect. dropped the springs a bit but not enough but i was comfortable with the handling and knew its limits as quali came.

Quali - took a cautious approach for this one and ended up in my customary 13th place. (what is it with this number and me???) :D

Race 1 - went well, cracking start and some lucky (for me) spins, saw me up to 5th. With other spins I was as high as 3rd at one point but had a certain mr Morin chasing me down. As i thought about how to drive to defend this third place he went by me, on the outside in the big stop at T2... oh well... on to forth place finish. very happy with this!

Race 2 - hmmm not quite so good, on start foot slipped off clutch and i wheel spun 180 around clipping a few cars in the process. Dropped to the back of the grid (17th) and set about clawing back up the field. Again peoples incidents handed me some places and a 10th place finish was more than satisfying for me.

Overall loved the mod, very well done. Cars drive well and with a bit more practice will get the set up tuned I'm sure. Thanks for event and good driving from everyone!

Now a word from our sponsors... :laugh2:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEZQs9jQxkA[/media]

EDIT: Just watched replays of starts big apologies to Gunthar from myself. race 1 as i avoided the rearwards facing jack daniels car i side swiped him and then on race 2 where i spun myself he was the unfortunate driver that was pushed into me eventually rolling a couple of times to boot.

Great fun guys... Sorry to Rhys...

Race_Steam2009-02-1523-16-09-86.jpg

Race_Steam2009-02-1523-16-27-68.jpg

Race_Steam2009-02-1523-16-31-90.jpg

Race_Steam2009-02-1523-16-33-83.jpg

Race_Steam2009-02-1523-44-16-44.jpg

Race_Steam2009-02-1523-44-25-16.jpg

Race_Steam2009-02-1523-44-34-30.jpg

Race_Steam2009-02-1523-45-31-70.jpg

Race_Steam2009-02-1523-45-36-33.jpg

Qualy: Was not good, did not make it well through T2 (Norra), only a 1:36.xyz.

Race1 : Started 17th, made more or less ok through the carnage at the beginning, just a small bump from behind. But at T3 I spun and let everybody pass. After some time and some drop offs in front I had Olaf in front of me who was lagging seriously for me, so did not dare really to come close. So was waiting for a mistake of him, took actaully some laps and when it happened I actually was wondering whether in his 'world' I hit him, but in my world all seemed ok, so I continued. Finished 11th due to mistakes of people in front of me and not to many mistakes on my end.

Race2: Again carnage in T1 which I survived with some bumps from behind. Was behind Marius, where I was basically the whole race, intercepted my some peolpe from the front recovering from mistakes. Once I was hit by a flying car which had spun before, but nothing serious happened. Not much to report otherwise, Marius was just a little bit quicker, so he escaped and from behind was also mostly a big gap, only once after a mistake of mine somebody caught up, but going off himself in the next turn.

Great work Günthar, nice mod! Great race!

• Andrew Dawes

Too many incidents to post a reply at this point but i do want to try to get an explanation of one major freeze.

On lap 2 (Race 1) right at the end of the straight:
On my replay it shows me braking and then the back of the car lifts off the ground and suddenly there is a micro-freeze (like lag) but now i'm 2 spots further back from where i was. Florian's car reacts as if i hit it and pretty much chaos after that.

I'm wondering how it looked on other replays??...because i've certainly never had lag that actually freezes your car but the others keep progressing during the lag.

I can post a replay if that helps (its 10MB though).

Sorry to those I hit tonight. Havent raced for a few weeks and cant believe how touchy GTR Evo is with collision detection compared to rfactor. Just touched a couple of other racers that would have had no effect in rFactor but it sent them wildly off the track in Evo. Oh why cant Simbin get the online code better, then it would be the perfect sim, cos the physics is way superior to rFactor imho.
Will have to keep that in mind if I return to EVo, but its hard when the other cars are so jittery. Wierd, cos in the name tags it was saying like 25ms, but the cars are so jittery,whereas in rFactor I get readings of 125ms, yet the cars are rock solid.

Lots of fun with these new cars, but also lots of "incidents" as people (including me :) ) were trying to learn how to control the power of these V8's.

Qualified well for P4 with a PB of 1.33.2.

Race 1: Oops, mucked up the start again and contributed to the pile up. Dropped the clutch with too many revs and the car jumped sideways, bumping into Dave, who was then hit from behind and spun across the path of on-coming traffic. Very sorry Dave. That gave me P2 but I saw the carnage in my mirrors and felt partly responsible, so I slowed along the straight to let heaps of cars past. At the end of lap 1, approaching the final turn, Andrew was hit by Marius in front of me, so I slowed a little to avoid them, but was hit by Ken and spun into the inside grass. Now back to P15 and lots of work to do.
Had some great dices and finished P7.

Race 2: Great start this time and jumped to an early lead. Held off Richard and Jari for about 9 laps until Richard dropped back (spin ??) and now had Jari on my tail, and held him there for a few laps but felt he was faster, so went wide at turn 1 and he slipped through. Stayed closer to Jari than I expected but was content to follow him home. As we approached the finish line Jari slowed, obviously allowing me to pass, but I wasn't having any of that. He deserved the win, so we plodded over the line in a one two RPM formation finish, with Richard (somewhat confused ) almost grabbing both of us on the line. :rotfl:

Great racing Jari, you were very fast in both races and showed us how this cars should be driven. :worship:
Well done to Richard who was also very consistently fast.

Thanks to all who raced, it was a good test for the Mod, which I thought was excellent. A very nice change of driving, and lots of close fun racing. We can only get better with these cars as we get used to them. :handshake:

Thanks for the great races, and thanks Gunthar for the great mod. I'm really enjoying the handling of these cars.

Qual - Badly stuffed up my lap with 2 half spins, seventh witha 33.3 but could've done better than that.,

Race 1 - Got a poor start, but got through the start line mayhem untouched and was up to second on lap 1. Jari was just a little bit quicker and more consistant than me, so I couldn't catch him.

Race 2 - Once again I got a poor start but got through some more start line mayhem. This time though Jari had got me on the line, but I got him back on the back straight. We went almost side by side through the next corner but I think Jari thought better of it :)

I then very slowly closed down on Warren while trying to keep Jari at bay, I got right up behind Warren and had a look a few times, until I just outbraked myself coming up to the first right hand banked turn, just nudging off the track into the sand.

That was the race done for me and I finished third, unfortunately Jari and Warren didn't slow down quite enough for me to take a Bradbury-esque win :(

I'd love to see some more of these events as well as some GT events :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back