RACE 07 gets a new update

29b97095-4582-4841-aa6a-de5f872045df.jpg
Sector3 have published a new patch for the evergreen racing sim, Race 07.

The 7MB update has given the game a new, "more stable" online lobby server. Another addition is support for track-side third-party advertisement campaigns. We suppose this means that server owners might introduce ads, or perhaps that SimBin can add new advertisements in-game? This is not clear yet, so time will tell.

Lastly, the new patch includes a couple of localisation fixes that apparently were made back in 2012 but never implemented, possibly due to S3/SimBin's financial troubles in recent years.

It's nice to see an older game being updated, especially when the Race 07 developers are mostly busy supporting RaceRoom Racing Experience.

Join the discussion on our Race 07 sub-forum!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm afraid I was very disappointed with the expansion in comparison to GT Legends. It does benefit from the improvements to the tyre model introduced with GTR Evo, and it does offer rain and working wipers. But the performance equalisation, and lack of final drive ratio adjustments undermine the realism; and after the love and attention to detail put into the original GTL models and textures, the fictional skins, all-grey interiors and tinted glass in their Retro equivalents is the final nail in the coffin. Given it was released six years after GTL it should have been so much better. A missed opportunity to make a GTL2.

The retro pack was never designed as a replacement for GTL to be fair, it was only ever a revenue generator to keep the company afloat during a tough time, you could argue more could have been done with it, and indeed you would probably be right, but management at the time was giving crazy schedules and unrealistic expectations of the team which meant nothing produced at this time was produced to the absolute best ability of that team.

Could it be a windows update related issue changing something in the VB libraries or similar I wonder ? has anyone checked to see if XD still works on GTR2 etc ? Or it may be possible the exe ID has changed and XD no longer recognises it because of that ? Just a few possible reasons.

New race.exe = new ram adresses = no working tool based on ram adresses -> ram adresses has to be changed in the tools source code

but the programmers of the tools (like XD-Tool realtime telemetry and so one) are not into race07 anymore so i think if you want this tools you have to made it by your self

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 50 27.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 36 19.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 21 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 11 5.9%