RACE 07 gets a new update

29b97095-4582-4841-aa6a-de5f872045df.jpg
Sector3 have published a new patch for the evergreen racing sim, Race 07.

The 7MB update has given the game a new, "more stable" online lobby server. Another addition is support for track-side third-party advertisement campaigns. We suppose this means that server owners might introduce ads, or perhaps that SimBin can add new advertisements in-game? This is not clear yet, so time will tell.

Lastly, the new patch includes a couple of localisation fixes that apparently were made back in 2012 but never implemented, possibly due to S3/SimBin's financial troubles in recent years.

It's nice to see an older game being updated, especially when the Race 07 developers are mostly busy supporting RaceRoom Racing Experience.

Join the discussion on our Race 07 sub-forum!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool! I have to give much respect to developers who continue to support their software beyond it's
normal shelf life. Racing Sims should try to be timeless as best possible and when they have been that makes them Iconic.

Also Awesome Screenshot Quality!

Are they still updating this (old) game??

Didn't know lol.

Race 07 is still installed on my PC filling useless memory ;)

Looks like i will have to dust of the CD and start playing it again.

"especially when the Race 07 developers are mostly busy supporting RaceRoom Racing Experience."

Nice yes, but sadly all the developers who were part of Race07 and previous to this with the exception of all but a couple of people or so have now left the ship, which is a real shame, I only hope that when the bubble finally pops that people will still be able to play these older titles.

I'm afraid I was very disappointed with the expansion in comparison to GT Legends. It does benefit from the improvements to the tyre model introduced with GTR Evo, and it does offer rain and working wipers. But the performance equalisation, and lack of final drive ratio adjustments undermine the realism; and after the love and attention to detail put into the original GTL models and textures, the fictional skins, all-grey interiors and tinted glass in their Retro equivalents is the final nail in the coffin. Given it was released six years after GTL it should have been so much better. A missed opportunity to make a GTL2.

But the performance equalisation, and lack of final drive ratio adjustments undermine the realism.

Hmmm. Got me thinking.
Haven't fired GTL, Race 07 or GTR/Evo in a long time. Recently reinstalled GTR2 to wait for Power & Glory 3.2 launch. Given your opinion about Retro pack and the overlap with P&G, I guess I'll keep waiting for P&G 3.2 and forget about 07/Evo for the time being.
I still have SCE (converted HistorX for personal use), AC, pCars and rF2 to bother with, in the meantime. :)
Cheers.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back