RACE 07 Add-On

CPU: Cell Processor
  • PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz
  • 1 VMX vector unit per core
  • 512KB L2 cache
  • 7 x SPE @3.2GHz
  • 7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs
  • 7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE
  • * 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS
GPU: RSX @550MHz
  • 1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance
  • Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels
  • Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines
Sound: Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell-base processing)
Memory:
  • 256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz
  • 256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz
System Bandwidth:
  • Main RAM: 25.6GB/s
  • VRAM: 22.4GB/s
  • RSX: 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s (read)
  • SB: 2.5GB/s (write) + 2.5GB/s (read)
System Floating Point Performance: 2 TFLOPS

Not an expert too, but i think my pc is more power full than PS3

edit: Sorry ot, but ill have to take back some of my words. In todays gaming my pc stand comparison to any other platform(even with my poor CPU). However, in future, PS3 games might run quite smooth if game developers just like to but 2-3 times more effort in to the game code. To me PC is the best way to go. It is possible that in 1-2 years from now, those PS3 games that will pull out of all the potent of cell prosessor, may cost 100-150€.

case is close from me:)

Simbin is awefully quiet about this...
Did they even comment yet about the (leaked?) Crowne Plaza affair?

Speaking of the Crowne Plaza / Vectra addon, I have seen references to this in a demo update, but I have previously removed my Race 07 Demo.
Is it available anywhere, or are we not supposed to have it?

I can only find the normal Race 07 Demo download at Simbin.
If I re- install the original demo, do I then get an automatic update with the Vectra?

Its pointless in putting GT cars on this game because its mostly touring car fans who buy this game and its possible that the people who are real hardcore touring car fans wont buy a GT addon (i would but im moaning for the people who wouldnt lol)
:D
yeah can see your point, however wouldnt you buy it for nurburgring? hopefully there is something for everyone. as i didnt buy Race for wtcc cars, i bought it simply because GTR2 engine is outdated, and i thought race wasnt a wtcc game, but Race as in all cars. In fact i dont enjoy driving the wtcc cars at all, but when the game engine itself is so much better it makes up for that, its just a more tidy experience all round. just need pitstop and realtime/nighttime now.:drunk:

It is possible that in 1-2 years from now, those PS3 games that will pull out of all the potent of cell prosessor...

maybe something to think about on PS3 performance is:
A: the coding language isnt fast enough, or doesnt contain enough features to fully use the inline processor.
B: maybe Sony have spent a little too much time upgrading certain parts (i.e. the state of the art processor, Blu Ray (which i dont really feel is neccessary for a games console), and then porked the lot by just throwing in a 'best as of now' graphics card without building a new bleeding edge graphics card and some new uber type of memory that can fully use the bandwitdh of the processor. Was obvious to me it would be behind PC's on performance within a year because there is no sign of any of these critical factors on the Sony website.:brancard:

would have been better to just focus on performance for games rather than try to offer too many non-game related features.

just like mobile phone nowadays, you have trouble finding your darn phone-number list, or have some really wierd menu system thats hard to use, but you can play all sorts of games on it which are really crap much more easily than just making a phone call.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.