Race 07 a DX12 sim!

As the title says running Race 07 in DirectX 12.
First can you Gpu run Dx12?
Also best to have a 4 core or more CPU and you have to use Win 10 to use Dx12!

Get the stable Dgvoodoo 2.7 from here: http://dege.freeweb.hu/
Your browser might complain this is a dangerous site and so on. it is not!
it is google that continue listing it as such. And Dege the author have given op on getting all his stuff whitelisted.
Discussion on how to use the dgvoodoo dll's are here:
https://www.vogons.org/

I have used them for a couple of years in Gtr2.

Now there is a stable dx12 version and tried it on Race 07 and it is very good, better than on Gtr2.

How to.
Open the archive
Copy DgVoodoocpl and Dgvoodoo.exe to the Race 07 root folder you want to test in.
Open MS/X86 folder and Copy d3d8.dll and d3d9.dll to the same root folder.
Changes to the setup in the Gtr2 thread:
Select DirectX12
I now uses DSR so no use for AA nether in driver nor in the DGvoodoo config
Right click on the line with the tabs general, glider , Directx and you get some more options
Select DirectXExt
and also check deferred Screen mod switch
Otherwise the default is fine you can set more but I didn't find them improving anything.

Apply and ok to save settings.
Now run video config again as the screen settings have to be set again.

If you get the sim running only in upper left corner of the screen you just need to focus the screen again. Ether allow Alt+Enter in Dgvoodoo config or press Crtl +Alt+Del and then just cancel.
It will now run in full screen DSR x _ . You can also use Window mode and then apply the AA in DgVoodoo config as shown in the Gtr2 thread.

The main advantages you will see are higher FPS and a way more clear display
I have tested a lot of track/ car/mod combinations and with a RTX 2070 I see about 60% higher FPS!
It differs a little from track to track.
Have only tested with the Fresnel shader add-on in the Download section. The entire pack without the .exe

Disadvantage with this is you lose use of XD!
Have not tried hex editing and renaming yet and not sure if that will work as XD is a bit tricky with that.

According to Dege the author of the wrapper the extra FPS comes from the fact that the cpu shader calls and dx12 overhead gets moved to other cores than the main core the .exe uses.
You can also see in MSi that it got 2 cores loaded up and another somewhat loaded.
Something that never happen in Dx9.
The more rain and cars in a race the more advantages in fps and overall smoothness you will see.
Maybe it is placebo but I also feel the FFB gets smoother?

You will get more or less the same display advantages by selecting Dx11 API but it will cost FPS compared to Dx9.
Unfortunately some AMD Gpus do not like this
AMD Gpu owners and Nvidia for that matter can try DXVK a dx9,dx10,dx11 to Vulcan wrapper.
The last I tested 1.70 works well with DSR and gives a nice smooth feeling but on my Gpu less FPS.
But higher FPS on many AMD Gpu's

For some extra FPS if you got a Cpu with Ht cores.
Get Process Lasso or similar affinity app and disable use of HT cores!
I do that in all my race sims and it gives a FPS boost in all also the newer DX11 ones.
On a i7 7700 it will then utilize core 0,2,4 and 6.
you will still see load on the other cores as windows will make use of them.

Hope you guys will get same great results with this as I do!
And that somebody can get XD to work too

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back