Race #06, Spain: Post-Race Discussion

From GPOCs -
Knew I didnt have the pace for any points at all in WC, Just took place for Lukas Euler, My race only lasted 10 laps but from then I started 19th and got up to 17th, After some battles with Mikkonen (Some harsh blocks) Sorry about that, We both came down to T1 side by side and I didnt leave enough room for both of us and I hit the side of Mikkonen - spun then had no time to put in clutch. Sorry for the incident Jaakko, I hope there is no penalty and thanks for the opportunity to race in WC
Thanks
Also for Simon Adebisi, I had some good battles in the opening lap with Mikkonen and an outside pass on Marconi at T3.

"Well, the key word for my race is tyres! I don't know why and will need to understand why is that. As for the rest, I need to say sorry to Saxen: didn't really see you arriving, so sorry.....was in big crysis with tyres. Also to Werduller, whom I gave position back.
I had to pit again around lap 50, again 'cause of tyres. After that was behind Morand and much faster. We had a contact and all I want to say is that I feel no guilty at all: admin will receive all explanations if needed."

"Q: I didn't have a single hot lap before the session begins. My time was good after all and I was happy with it.

R: In T1 I had a collision with Saxen and my front left suspension got damage. As a result the car was unstable for the rest of the race. I was on P12 at the end of the first lap but I knew I couldn't keep this position. Made a quite race finishing in 15th place. From now on I will have more free time to practise with my team so I expect better results for the rest of the season. Well done to Bono for an other great drive and congrats to Patrick De Witt for his great appearance!"

GPCOS:
Q1: I was suprised how close the gaps were, but did a good lap which brought me to q2.

Q2: Had a good first part of the lap, but again lost time in the last part. Lost p2. I was impressed with Bono's lap, which was equal to my q2 pb. Unfortunately de Wit came out in p3 on his medium tires.

R: With de Wit in front of me I had little chance in the first part. He was on mediums and it was frustrating to see Bono and Fredrik dissapear in front of Patrick. There was not much I could do than wait for a mistake. I had a few attempts to overtake. The first was nearly succesful, but I pulled a small Hamilton move on de Wit so gave him back the spot immediately. Later he defended the inside line very aggresively so there was little chance to be succesful without losing car parts. After a couple of tries I succesfully passed de Wit, but in that same lap I clipped the kerb in the final chicane, nearly spinning and losing the spot to de Wit again! There I decided my only chance was to leapfrog him, which I succesfully did. I was afraid that it failed, because I came out on track behind Saxen, but fortunately he didn't put up too much of a fight since he was on old tires.

After my pitstop I had clear space to push some laps and trying to close the gap to Nilsson and Bono. This worked for a couple of laps, but quite soon I realized that pushing like that would kill my tires too soon ending in a possible puncture. So the last 15 laps I had to drive very very careful in the right corners to make it to the finish. I ended the race with minimum tire left, which made me a happy driver.

Great fun race, nice battles and grats to Bono and Fredrik. Good days for Twister-Racing and a big shout out to my teammate Cossacco for winning the SimHQ Endurance race tonight!"

gpcos:

"Q1: Was really worried that I would be out of top 10, I knew it was gonna be close. For some reason I never got my lap together, PB was 15.6 but I only managed 15.9 which luckily was enough...

Q2: I always felt more comfortable here, and indeed I got a good lap together, although still off my personal best. P2 was alright.

Race: I managed to pass Huis in T1 and then it was a matter of not making mistakes, which worked out well. However, I lost out in the pits or outlap for some reason, which resulted in seeing Huis a car length in front of me when he had made his stop. Quite frustrating. I chased him all through the second stint, but no big mistakes were made from him so he managed to take the chequered flag first once again. Congratulations to him!
Still a personal best result for me in FSR so I have to be happy I guess. The top step is coming closer and closer, so hopefully we will have good pace in the coming races to continue the fight!"

From GPCOS:

Q1: 15.8, was a bit worried this would not be enough for Q2 but it was.
Q2: 16.725, P6, not bad but would've liked to have done a bit better.

Race:

I had a decent start, luckily for me the group in front all moved in to my line which gave me a great slipstream. However I was on the inside for T1 and Disley was able to pass me on the outside by braking later.

After that it was a pretty difficult race, following Disley for 45 laps without any chances to pass. Finally on lap 45 in T4 he was battling with De Wit and I managed to make a surprisingly easy pass on the outside.

After that I was battling with De Wit, had a couple of chances out of the final corner, but wasn't close enough. I was shocked to see him pit 10 laps later, giving me the position.

Then until the end I just pushed as hard as I felt comfortable, since I knew Atze was doing a very long stint in front of me. I thought that there was a chance that he would get a puncture, so I wanted to be as close as possible in the final lap, but in the end he made it to the finish.

P4 was a nice surprise on a track where I've always struggled, pace was decent as well. Now 2 week break before we arrive in hell...

Finally the FTS Car found some speed thanx to team effort!!!
Well q1 went ok although i had some traffic in 2nd hotlap and did not improve anymore but my time was good enough for q2:)
Then for the 1st time this year FTS and De Wit were in q2 which was all new to me:)
But i had a fantastic lap which placed me in 3rd spot made a slight mistake in sector 3 could have been 2nd but 3rd was a victory for me anyway!!!!!!!!!!!after seeing my recent q performances....
Then the start was pretty ok nearly overtaking Nilson and Huis but they defended well
Then i was trying to stay with them but they were too fast today in race need to figure out why...
Then it was a matter of keeping Kerkhof behind which i tried hard and kept hem at bay for around 24 laps then he passed me finally and same lap he made mistake and inheritered 3rd again then after the 1st pitstop he leapfrogged me for 3rd.
Then Disley was closing in he tried to pass as well which he did not succeed in
After the 1st pitstop i noticed i had mediums for some bizar reason so had to come in again otherwise i had for sure a 4th place!!
In the end passing room,Disley,Patel and Greco
In the end p6 it was a great day for FTS!!! enjoyed it very very much

To Simon Abedesi for WC highlights
start lap 1:
De Wit good start nearly taking the lead but huis and nilson defend well
lap 1 turn 4+5 de wit tries to overtake huis for 2nd
lap 12;
Kerkhof tries to pass de wit for 3rd touching de wit de wit saves the car keeping 3rd place
lap 22: Kerkhof passes de wit de wit defends agressive, lap 22 kerkhof makes mistake after de wit pressures him
de wit pits after kerkhof pits
Kerkhof passes de wit after pitstop
lap 43:
Disley tries to overtake de wit
de wit defends agreesive
lap 45:
disley tries to pass de wit again fails in proces puumalainen passes disley
lap 55:
de wit pits for 2nd time due to tyre bugg after the warm up session
lap 60:
de wit passes raino room for 9th place,great overtakecoming from far very agressive
lap 63:
de wit passes patel for 8th place
lap 64:
de wit passes disley for 7th
lap 66:
de wit passes Greco for 6th and setting the fastest lap de wit 1 17 1

Finally the FTS Car found some speed thanx to team effort!!!
Well q1 went ok although i had some traffic in 2nd hotlap and did not improve anymore but my time was good enough for q2:)
Then for the 1st time this year FTS and De Wit were in q2 which was all new to me:)
But i had a fantastic lap which placed me in 3rd spot made a slight mistake in sector 3 could have been 2nd but 3rd was a victory for me anyway!!!!!!!!!!!after seeing my recent q performances....
Then the start was pretty ok nearly overtaking Nilson and Huis but they defended well
Then i was trying to stay with them but they were too fast today in race need to figure out why...
Then it was a matter of keeping Kerkhof behind which i tried hard and kept hem at bay for around 24 laps then he passed me finally and same lap he made mistake and inheritered 3rd again then after the 1st pitstop he leapfrogged me for 3rd.
Then Disley was closing in he tried to pass as well which he did not succeed in
After the 1st pitstop i noticed i had mediums for some bizar reason so had to come in again otherwise i had for sure a 4th place!!
In the end passing room,Disley,Patel and Greco
In the end p6 it was a great day for FTS!!! enjoyed it very very much

To Simon Abedesi for WC highlights
start lap 1:
De Wit good start nearly taking the lead but huis and nilson defend well
lap 1 turn 4+5 de wit tries to overtake huis for 2nd
lap 12;
Kerkhof tries to pass de wit for 3rd touching de wit de wit saves the car keeping 3rd place
lap 22: Kerkhof passes de wit de wit defends agressive, lap 22 kerkhof makes mistake after de wit pressures him
de wit pits after kerkhof pits
Kerkhof passes de wit after pitstop
lap 43:
Disley tries to overtake de wit
de wit defends agreesive
lap 45:
disley tries to pass de wit again fails in proces puumalainen passes disley
lap 55:
de wit pits for 2nd time due to tyre bugg after the warm up session
lap 60:
de wit passes raino room for 9th place,great overtakecoming from far very agressive
lap 63:
de wit passes patel for 8th place
lap 64:
de wit passes disley for 7th
lap 66:
de wit passes Greco for 6th and setting the fastest lap de wit 1 17 1

glad you enjoyed it patrick it was a joy to commentate on and see you right up in the mix :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back