Race #04, Monaco: Post-Race Checks

The appeal deadline is Friday, the 24th of May @ 10:11 GMT. For appeal instructions please read this thread: COA Instructions

Bono Huis

Q1: Clean
Q2: Clean
Log: Clean
Launch Control: Used
Pitstop: Lap 13, 49
Tire Rules: Fulfilled
GPCOS: Ok
Penalty: N/A

Ivar Kalamees

Pitstop: Lap 14, 48

Morgan Morand

Pitstop: Lap 29, 66

Jernej Simoncic

Pitstop: Lap 12 Cut, 45
Penalty: Official Warning for Pit exit infraction

Philipp Puschke

Q2: N/A
Pitstop: Lap 33, 67 Cut
Penalty: 1.5 Penalty Points for Incident #2, Official Warning for Pit exit infraction

Zoltan Csuti

Q1: Cut T7
Pitstop: Lap 15, 47
Penalty: Back of the Grid in the next race for Qualifying infraction

Patrick De Wit

Pitstop: Lap 13, 47

Rasmus Tali

Pitstop: Lap 33, 48

Yannick Lapchin

Q1: Started from the back of the grid
Pitstop: Lap 14, 27, 40

Dian Kostadinov

Q2: N/A - didn't set a laptime
Pitstop: Lap 13, 14, 42, 55

Zuhaitz Cabo

Pitstop: Lap 30 Cut, 46 Cut, 62 Cut
Penalty: 1.0 Penalty Points for Pit exit infractions, Official Warning for Incident #1

Blair Disley

Pitstop: Lap 39, 61
GPCOS: Late GPCOS comment (2nd time)
Penalty: 0.5 Penalty Points for late GPCOS comment

Zsolt Nagy

Pitstop: Lap 1, 39, 59, 71

Moises Rondon

Pitstop: Lap 30, 46 Cut
Penalty: Official Warning for Pit exit infraction

Chris de Jong

Log: No log file
Pitstop: Lap 23 Cut, 43 Cut, 55 Cut, 59 Cut, 73 Cut
Tire Rules: No log file
Penalty: Disqualification for no log file, 2.0 Penalty Points for Pit exit infractions

Eros Masciulli

Log: Late log file
Pitstop: Lap 16, 24 Cut, 25, 31, 47, 51 Cut
Tire Rules: DNF
GPCOS: Late GPCOS comment (2nd time)
Penalty: Disqualification for late log file, 2.5 Penalty Points for Incident #5, Pit exit infractions & Late GPCOS comment

Martin Gosbee

Pitstop: Lap 15
Penalty: 0.5 Penalty Points for Incidents #3 & #6

Jack Keithley

Pitstop: Lap 14

Marcel vd Linden

Pitstop: N/A

Ville Leppälä

GPCOS: Late GPCOS comment
Penalty: Official Warning for late GPCOS comment

Fredrik Nilsson

Penalty: Official Warning for Incident #3

Giuseppe Marconi

Incidents:

Driver(s) Involved: Zuhaitz Cabo, Fredrik Nilsson

Lap/Replay Time: Q1 / 5:30 - 6:00

Review: Nilsson is on a timed lap in Q1 as he comes across Cabo in Portier, who is on an outlap. Cabo stays in front of Nilsson until after the Swimming pool chicane, most likely causing Nilsson to lose time in the dirty air.

Verdict: Official Warning for Zuhaitz Cabo, only a warning since Nilsson didn't lose any positions because of this, since he made it in to Q2

Driver(s) Involved: Dian Kostadinov, Philipp Puschke

Lap/Replay Time: 1, 3:08

Review: Puschke and Kostadinov are P11 and P10 on the grid. As the lights go out, Puschke has a better start than Morand directly in front of him, and goes to move towards the left to go alongside him. As he does this however, his car loses traction and he slides in to the side of Kostadinov, making heavy contact and causing Kostadinov to hit the outside wall as well.

Verdict: 1.5 Penalty Points for Philipp Puschke, completely avoidable incident, caused by slightly lifting off the throttle (in order to disable TC and get a better start) after using LC

Driver(s) Involved: Martin Gosbee, Fredrik Nilsson

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 1 / 0:06

Review: Nilsson and Gosbee are heading for T1 right after the start of the race with Nilsson in front of Gosbee. Nilsson gets some wheelspin which causes his car to move towards the left, after recovering from it, he makes a sharp move towards the right, causing Gosbee to back off slightly in avoidance. As they reach the braking zone for T1, Gosbee misjudges his position compared to Nilsson and makes light/moderate contact with the right rear wheel of Nilsson, causing Nilsson to make contact with the car in front of him.

Verdict: Official Warning for Martin Gosbee (contact), Official Warning for Fredrik Nilsson (weaving)

Driver(s) Involved: Zoltan Csuti, Marcel van der Linden

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 19 / 27:45

Review: Csuti is in the slipstream of vd Linden as they head for the Nouvelle chicane. vd Linden defends on the inside so Csuti takes the outside line for the braking zone. Csuti brakes later and gets over half of his car in front of vd Linden. Csuti turns in slightly early, making light contact with vd Linden's front right wheel & front wing with his rear left tire. Csuti passes vd Linden while keeping at least 2 tires on the track at all times.

Verdict: Nothing, this was a clean pass, especially considering it's Monaco

Driver(s) Involved: Eros Masciulli, Moisés Rondón

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 29 / 43:10

Review: Masciulli is 1 lap behind Rondon as they approach the Swimming pool chicane. Rondon is on old tires and apparently on his pit-in lap. Masciulli attempts to pass Rondon, but makes contact with the right rear tire of Rondon with his left front tire. Masciulli goes cuts the corner and stays in front of Rondon as Rondon heads in to the pitlane.

Verdict: 1.5 Penalty Points for Eros Masciulli, much too aggressive behaviour considering he was a lap behind Rondon, possibly caused Rondon to have a 12s pitstop instead of a normal 3s one.

Driver(s) Involved: Martin Gosbee, Philipp Puschke

Lap/Replay Time: 31, 43:11

Review: Gosbee and Puschke are heading for the Nouvelle chicane with Gosbee in the slipstream of Puschke. Puschke defends the inside line and Gosbee takes the outside line as they approach the braking zone. Gosbee brakes later than Puschke, moving his front wheels in front of Puschke's front wheels. As they reach the corner, Gosbee turns in too early, making contact with Puschke and forcing Puschke to make light contact with the inside barrier. Puschke has to go slightly deep in to the corner because of the contacts, resulting further contact with Gosbee and eventually Gosbee running out of room and having to go over the anticuts.

Verdict: Official Warning for Martin Gosbee (0.5 Penalty Points for 2nd Official Warning)

Before people put a foot in their mouth:

- De Jong sent his log file to the World Series directory

- Quoting from the rulebook: 1.7 White/yellow line when exiting the pits to be obeyed at all times. A pit exit will be considered to have been ”cut” if the driver touches the white/yellow pitexit line at all with his car.

tumblr_mj7ixxGmcq1ql8t12o1_500.gif

I shall shoot the first bullet:

Technically, I never touched the white/yellow pitexit line at all with the car. Due to the camber, the car runs only on the few centimeters on the inside of a tire at low speed going straight. The outer half of the tire only touches the ground when being under strong lateral force - that's in corners, and more like in faster corners. At that moment I was at low speed and I was going straight, and with quite high camber the tires never really touched the yellow line. Why am I writing this? Not because I wanna be a troll, but just because I find the "touching" part of the pit exit line cut rule really funny and weird :p And I like to understand the rules, and I'm really lost on why is it bad to -touch- the line... Still better to touch the line than the wall, it's quite narrow there :D

Attachments

• GRAB_001.JPG
    GRAB_001.JPG
    244.1 KB · Views: 317
Technically, I never touched the white/yellow pitexit line at all with the car. Due to the camber, the car runs only on the few centimeters on the inside of a tire at low speed going straight. The outer half of the tire only touches the ground when being under strong lateral force - that's in corners, and more like in faster corners. At that moment I was at low speed and I was going straight, and with quite high camber the tires never really touched the yellow line.

Hehe, thanks for keeping my streak of youtube clips going. But seriously though, rFactor1 has no tire deformation, so we can't consider such details.

Allright :) I just wrote that because when I saw the cut warning I though I had actually went over the line too soon or sth, but then I saw I was just a little bit too near. I don't really agree that touching the line is worth taking as a cut :p I mean, two touches = two warnings = 0.5pp, which is similar to some dangerous driving, but touching the line is nothing dangerous at all. Anyway, I guess there's a reason that it's in the rules, so fair enough, I'll try to avoid the line a little bit more.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back