Race #04, Imola: Post-Race Checks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to give an explanation of why many people react this way to Patrick.

Its not that everyone doesn't like you as a person. There have been a lot of questionable incidents in the recent years which where caused by your behavior on track. At the same time, you have mentioned a couple of times that you likes to race in FSR, and that you dont have the intention to crash people.
I have even met you in real life and when i speak to people from Netrex, they can only tell that you're a nice person. But why many people react to you in this way is not about that.
As most people know i have been at Netrex for two years, and passione/lealta "as Ernesto likes to say it ;) " is the most important thing at the team.
(I know you're not driving for Netrex, but its the group of Netrex/FTS/Eventa you hang out and/or test with. So i see it as the same thing)
The reason why people react to you the way i did, is because FSR is for most people a hobby, and i share that thought. "But it's a hobby which especially in the World Championship is taken very seriously!!!" Because FSR is one of the most professional simracing leagues and there is even money involved. As we have seen at the discussion after Bahrain.

As Carlos Hernandez pointed out. The incident of cutting across is one thing. But when going backwards you dont attempt to stop the car, yet you hit Dian again after the earlier contact with Rens/Dian. And even after that you keep going backwards taking off your own rear wing against the barrier. And when you return onto the track you drive into him yet again. How does that make any sense?
Now the problem for many people, is that after the incidents have taken place and you actually are the guilty one. You never take responsibility for what you did, but you play out as the victim after getting punished. And even your teamboss seems to encourage it while you simply didn't apply to the rules. And that "didn't apply to the rules" isn't an opinion. Its a fact!
There are people putting in a 1000 laps and a lot of hours to prepare for the race, and see it being destroyed because of an incident like this.

To come back at what i said earlier. People take it serious. Thats exactly the reason why i joined Precision when i got the offer. I have had a great time at Netrex and i enjoyed every moment of it. But i wanted to improve and learn from the best. People tend to talk hate about us whenever we put up a post like mine above.. We try to do everything in our power to win, without breaking any rules. Because we are a serious team! Thats why we are in FSR, just like many others.

This year FSR changed his PP system, to the SR system. With a chart for everyone to see what guidelines are being used for certain incidents. Time penalties are given more often, wich is a good thing. People actually get punished now, because they drop back some places and lose points. Which has an influence on the championship.
We can increase our SR every race now, instead of only after a couple of races. So every clean race gets rewarded and it should work in favor for everyone. Imo. this system only gained positives to the professionalism of FSR.

FSR doesn't have all these rules and systems for nothing. And i think it's about time for you to start showing us that you can race properly. Without having an incident, or questionable move every other race. And try to show some professionalism in some way.
After all, Formula Simracing calls itself a Professional Simracing League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back