R3E just won’t start anymore

hi all, just curious if anyone has run into this. so R3E was just working without any problems in the past, had not started it for 6-8 weeks.

now when i attempt to start it, i get the little splash screen with “starting” and stays there nothing happens...5-6mins or longer nothing at all. until i left click it or right click it, then it simply gives me error messages and closes.
D91B06B5-292E-4A95-8B7E-F008B1550C22.png 7641BCB8-8081-449A-8525-5BFC2B0B8C19.png

I have tried:
1) turned off anti-virus
2) turned off firewall
3) pinged addresses of R3E and all pings worked
  • protection1.raceroomracing.com
  • protection2.raceroomracing.com
  • mwapp.raceroomracing.com
  • game.raceroom.com
so not sure what else I can do???

other sims work without problems.
- Assetto Corsa works
- rFactor2 works
- iRacing worke
- Project CARS works

i have completely uninstalled it, deleted remains manually, installed on new “drive” (partition), nothing has helped so far...

just don’t get why it doesn’t work...

thanks for all your help.

It might not have anything to do with actual connecting to the server as in the "internet server" sense. I was for example getting this error when using ReShade with the 64bit version of the game.

hi Martin, thx, everything is off, don't run any extras/ software. for testing, turned off anti-virus, turned off firewall completely, move into DMZ, and even tried another router. all failed. but same is on my laptop. that is what makes it strange and wonder what is going on.

hi Martin, thx, everything is off, don't run any extras/ software. for testing, turned off anti-virus, turned off firewall completely, move into DMZ, and even tried another router. all failed. but same is on my laptop. that is what makes it strange and wonder what is going on.
Take your laptop somewhere else with an internet connection, if RR works then you know it's down to your connection at home. At least narrows your options.

Take your laptop somewhere else with an internet connection, if RR works then you know it's down to your connection at home. At least narrows your options.
You could use your mobile phone as a hotspot for this. You don't need to play the game on your phone's connection, just checking to see if the game starts would be enough.

hi Ross and hi Yetch, thanks again, yes tried tethering and then tried with mobile 4G router, and didn't change anything, still the same problem. also posted it on the forum at R3E. just don't know what else i can do, since i tried everything possible.
maybe something to do with updates/ windows and etc. as i can see also the EXE files of RRR (R3E) in the event viewer, crashing/ hanging and etc.

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/cant-start-raceroom-anymore.11174/#post-157414

every other sim/ game that i have, via Steam and non Steam work 100% without any issues. i am guessing this is only isolated issue with R3E.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back