R3E car classes

Lars Hansen

Buggered if I know.....
@Kenny Paton @Ross Garland @Steve Le Gallez

Hey guys,

No idea if this is actually useful to you, but I figured I'd share.
It's simply a list of the available classes, with their ID, available liveries and performance index.
Something I threw together to keep track of the AI, but then I figured you guys might want it for planning the Club races. The performance index comes in handy for multi-class races.

If not, feel free to delete the thread. :)
(I would've used the conversations, but you can't attach files to those.....)

Attachments

• R3E Classes.pdf
    49.3 KB · Views: 251
Thanks Lars, since I'm more an AI man now it's really handy.
What does the PI actually indicate?
Good question. :D
I picked it up from the S3 forums, and it had the usual explanatory notes attached.
(I.e. none)
Far as I can figure it's a brute-strength estimation of the class; BHP, torque, grip, downforce etc.
But it's numbers-based only, so the WTCC for example have all the years equal, despite the fact that the '16 and '17 have had physics updates whereas the '15 haven't. So the '15 will arguably be harder to drive.
The Gr. 5s and GTR3s also have almost the same performance index, despite the fact that the Gr. 5s are a hell of a lot harder to drive.
So it should be taken with a grain of salt.

But interestingly, the DTM'92s and Touring Classics that we usually run together, have exactly the same PI, so that's one way to do 'odd' multi-classes.
KTM X-bow vs. M1 Procar, anyone?
Or FRJs vs. NSUs....Worlds slowest multi-class race. :roflmao:

But since I was doing data-collection anyway, I also did a list of the tracks with the max. pit-boxes. Not quite as stringently updated as the car-list, so there may be an error or two in that one.
See attached.

Attachments

• R3E Tracks.pdf
    73.9 KB · Views: 210
We need these to happen :whistling:
Actually, the more I think about it.... FRJs vs. NSUs at Monza, Jr......
It's not a bad idea. :roflmao:
There's about an 10 second difference in lap-times, so it shouldn't take more than 7-8 laps for the FRJs to start lapping.
If nothing else, it'll be good training for 'real' multi-class races.

Whether or not we can get any of the more serious simmers onboard with this, is another matter entirely.

I created a ranking of all the classes using the best nordschleife leaderboard times. It's far from scientific, but has actually given a pretty accurate reading of how they all stack up. There are some really cool multiclass combos you can use to create some interesting and even races.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back