DiRT Rally Quick money maker or Focused rally sim

Msportdan

@Simberia
I want to bring you attention to a post I recently just read from a user.

"As this EA progresses I'm losing hope things will get fixed. Sure, they redid the FFB, but I still say rbr's is better. Aside from content, it's pretty much the same game they started with. Features that are missing, issues with handling and physics, gameplay bugs and bugs in general that were there in the beginning are still outstanding. It seems like all the people they do have working on it, are working on the content packs.

And I was under the impression they were out to make a sim, especially with the one dev claiming how unrealistic rbr actually is. But on their forums, one player that seems to be "in" with the devs is already getting the word out that the devs' intention is to create an "authentic rally experience, not a simulator." Could be something, could be nothing. But other than biglee commenting on random posts here or there, there's not much communication."

I am starting to think, if what CM really want and what us sim goers want is one in the same thing. I cant say it any better than function has above. But I do see more content than actual features being fixed. I couldn't care if there was one car and one stage, if they could concentrate on FFB, physics, wheel rotations etc etc. I just see content seems to be more a priority over actual features that rally fans would rather see. I know its EA but I think the direction/priorities the devs are taking, says a lot about what the end product they are actually striving for.

Maybe we wont get that RBR killer after all......

My initial impression on first release was that the Physics and FFB were total :poop:. I said at the time that it was typical Codies and that I had little or no hope of them putting it right. Well I have been proven wrong, they have made a Rally Sim. I should change that to they are making a Rally Sim. There is still lots of improvement needed in all areas, more variety of stages (not the same stage chopped up and re-used), refinement of the FFB mainly for the tarmac stages, the inclusion of a custom championship mode and the much wanted external Replay. It's time for a successor to RSRBR, I don't know if this will be it, but a least things are heading in the right direction. Unlike my car most of the time :)

Tobbe Bergman

@Simberia
My initial impression on first release was that the Physics and FFB were total :poop:. I said at the time that it was typical Codies and that I had little or no hope of them putting it right. Well I have been proven wrong, they have made a Rally Sim. I should change that to they are making a Rally Sim. There is still lots of improvement needed in all areas, more variety of stages (not the same stage chopped up and re-used), refinement of the FFB mainly for the tarmac stages, the inclusion of a custom championship mode and the much wanted external Replay. It's time for a successor to RSRBR, I don't know if this will be it, but a least things are heading in the right direction. Unlike my car most of the time :)

You forgot to mention the lack of power in the "most powerful :rolleyes:+ 300BHP cars"
Wonder why they feel weaker than my old SAAB 9/5 150BHP from 1999 ? :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I put in some hours playing in RX mode last night and had a blast. The contrast between the grip of the tarmac and dirt keeps things interesting. The tarmac grip feels better with the RX cars although, still a bit high maybe but, considering the softer suspension and tire profile - maybe not too far off the mark.

SC4 FFB is excellent once again so the physics are doing a great job in that regard. Taking jumps a bit goofy results in very believable behavior and the resulting reaction in the wheel is immediate and strong unless your on the gas on landing; proper throttle-controlled jump launches make for flat controlled landings and quick recoveries.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 117 27.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 69 16.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 41 9.8%
  • €3001-5000