• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Quick money maker or Focused rally sim

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally' started by Msportdan, Jul 2, 2015.

1. RaceNut

RaceNut

Ratings:
    +707
    If CM was just out for some quick cash, why attempt to cater to the Sim market at all? They can do so much better in the broader casual market.

2. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,031
    for 20 euros, i am having the best of time in any rally game since rbr came out and a bit later mcrae04 and mcr2005. i like being presented with fresh content (for free, no less) every four weeks so much more than having it all in one rush. and since i have never driven a real life rally car (and definitely never will), i am more than happy with the engine as it is. yes, rbr still gives me sth. like 15% more control over how my input affects my virtual car, but this here looks and sounds twice or three times as good, so i am very happy indeed, especially if one considers the money invested versus the amount of stuff i got so far.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. RaceNut

RaceNut

Ratings:
    +707
    There are a few things in RBR that still drive me crazy and I'd certainly like a good Rally title using newer tech. If CM can make the right improvements to DR, they may have quite decent title in the end.

Overall, I'm liking the gravel/dirt handling pretty well but, the tarmac needs lots of work and the snow&ice as well. The sounds are top notch IMO, very convincing in Rift mode.

Lets hope CM brings the UI controls into the current century with mouse support. :)

4. Nino Scholz

Nino Scholz

Ratings:
    +77
    If it's a quick cash grab, it's a darn good one. Very fun driving experience, feels very immersive and convincing of being there in the car. My only complaint? I keep crashing, especially in the off-road sections! My biggest problem is trying to heel-toe in a chair that wants to roll back, so my braking is always too hesitant (to prevent pressure on chair)...i need a dedicated cockpit asap for manual shifting.

5. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

Ratings:
    +216
    Remove the wheels and problem solved. :D

6. Kronzky

Kronzky

Ratings:
    +11
    I had the same problem, and while there are casters available that do have brakes, I couldn't find any locally, so I came up with this high-tech solution, which works surprisingly well... ;)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Lazarou

Lazarou

Ratings:
    +1,161
    I use a cam buckle strap between my wheel stand pro and chair works a treat and no need to have a cockpit.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  8. Nino Scholz

Nino Scholz

Ratings:
    +77
    Awesome chair solutions :). The cam strap screams"I'm tired of f###### around!" Lol. I've used a hoodie stuffed around the wheels which actually works decent but lately been too lazy to get up and fix it up. Might try something like that string...Thanks!

9. xnorb

xnorb
    Premium

Ratings:
    +513
    Quite some misunderstandings here.

a) Graphic artists and modellers do NOT code
    They can NOT contribute anything to the coding, so they do what they are paid for: Create content.

b) Early Access
    I know this thing got a bad reputation because companies like EA roll out finished games and call their demos "Beta" but in the real development world, it takes lots of time to get from Alpha to release candidate and as that you have to be patient when purchasing an Early Access title.
    (I'm no romantic, i have in fact one of the most sceptic views at the video game industry, but that doesn't mean i have to point fingers at Early Access games just because they are not finished yet)

c) Marketing
    You need content to keep those youTube videos and gaming articles coming.
    There's no point in holding back content updates just because your physics update isn't out yet.
    People will lose interest, no big coverage, no new purchases, death.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tobbe Bergman

Tobbe Bergman
    Banned

Ratings:
    +108
    I am enjoying DR a lot even thought the Physics and FFB is far from perfect.
    I have absolutely no thoughts on uninstall RBR yet.

The questions is :

What will happen after CM releases DR V1.0 ?
    1. Will they continue adding and improving ?
    2. Will they announce Dirt Rally 2 ?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2015
  11. bogani

bogani

Ratings:
    +234
    I actually think it's a fantastic achievement how they made the RWD cars really feel like RWD cars on gravel. No other game has given me that sensation before. You also feel how the tires are digging in the gravel giving you grip as the car steps out sideways.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Ratings:
    +532
    I think that is actually 3 questions, lol.

:D

13. Tobbe Bergman

Tobbe Bergman
    Banned

Ratings:
    +108
    No one likes a smart @ss :roflmao:

14. Hal Burns

Hal Burns

Ratings:
    +150
    Rally Trophy...one of my all time favorites, I spent many sweaty hours on that......I agree with that........just need that big ol' SAAB.

15. Msportdan

Msportdan
    Banned

Ratings:
    +561
    been quite on the dev front?

16. Tobbe Bergman

Tobbe Bergman
    Banned

Ratings:
    +108
    I agree with Kunos Stefano Casillo who said :

"The Physics and FFB isn't as awesome as the rest of the game"

I'm beginning to have my doubts about Codies intents on improving on the FFB and physics because there is no mentioning about it anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2015
  17. Msportdan

Msportdan
    Banned

Ratings:
    +561
    hhmmmm

18. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

Ratings:
    +216
    I imagine very hard at work on the netcode for RX.

19. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

Ratings:
    +170
    ive found the game delivered ffb to be pretty poor, but when I switch over to Simxperience ffb from my wheel the ffb is detailed and terrifying, this must mean somewhere hidden under their own ffb is a pretty solid foundation.

20. Tobbe Bergman

Tobbe Bergman
    Banned

Ratings:
    +108
    Then they better dig it up before the end of the year :roflmao:

• Winner Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.