Qualifying

Anyone managed to run more than one qualifying session? I know it is setup in the srs file so only available if allowed in that series but I still can't get more than one quali session to run?

Interesting you should ask this. I am about to start putting together a 2018 VASC season srs, so am trying to find a way to have different scoring for different rounds at the same track.I hadn't thought about the multiple qualifying rounds yet. Keep me posted if you find anything out.

As far as I can tell you can set a number of qualifying sessions so that the slowest number drop out per session leaving the fastest number (say maybe 10?) remain in the last session (see where I'm going with this? ;))
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work, even with the series that supposedly run like that in RL?

Yeah boys the plr file looks like below so AMS does not seem to be setup to have multiple qualifying sessions.

[ Race Conditions ]
Run Practice1="1"
Run Practice2="0"
Run Practice3="0"
Run Practice4="0"
QUICK Num Qual Sessions="1" // range: 0-1
MULTI Num Qual Sessions="1"
Run Warmup="1"
QUICK Num Race Sessions="1" // range: 1-4
MULTI Num Race Sessions="1"

You can accelerate the time and it will take a lot less...;)
Until the clock hits zero, of course. Then time acceleration stops and you still have to wait several minutes for the goofy behavior of cars going out onto the track for a considerable period *after* the session clock has expired. Admittedly, I’m pretty sure you can safely click “Skip Session” at this point and the qualifying order will remain locked in as it was when time expired.

Until the clock hits zero, of course. Then time acceleration stops and you still have to wait several minutes for the goofy behavior of cars going out onto the track for a considerable period *after* the session clock has expired. Admittedly, I’m pretty sure you can safely click “Skip Session” at this point and the qualifying order will remain locked in as it was when time expired.

I think JK (and therefore Alex) is referring to the beginning of qualy, not the end.

Yep, I was referring to the start, as I think it was John's question.

But once the clock hits zero and the timer goes back to normal, you can accelerate the time again if you want to run the session a bit longer....:)

Yep, I was referring to the start, as I think it was John's question.

But once the clock hits zero and the timer goes back to normal, you can accelerate the time again if you want to run the session a bit longer....:)

Thanks for all the replies.

I don't understand.. if I accelerate time then I can't qualify, or are you speaking about something else? Besides if I accelerate time till the end of qualification that would take about 40 seconds wouldn't it!

I don't understand.. if I accelerate time then I can't qualify, or are you speaking about something else? Besides if I accelerate time till the end of qualification that would take about 40 seconds wouldn't it!
You can shorten the 40s at the start; then go back to normal speed once the lights are green, and do your quali as normal.
Independently, once you are happy with your time you can accelerate till the end of the session, or even further beyond.
But yes: in any case, accelerate time works when you're in the pits and you don't want to wait (for towing also…;)). I don't think it is possible to drive wit accelerated time on, unless you're really an :alien:! :roflmao:

You can shorten the 40s at the start; then go back to normal speed once the lights are green, and do your quali as normal.
Independently, once you are happy with your time you can accelerate till the end of the session, or even further beyond.
But yes: in any case, accelerate time works when you're in the pits and you don't want to wait (for towing also…;)). I don't think it is possible to drive wit accelerated time on, unless you're really an :alien:! :roflmao:

Thanks Alex I tried it and it worked. Great solution I love it. Thanks again.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back