Punta Taco / heel & toe for beginners.

Assetto Corsa is my first sim racing game, i've played a lot of Forza games but my X360 wheel didn't have clutch so i never cared for punta taco.

I'm trying to get comfortable with the technique but i'm having a hard time controlling my break, it's hard not to lock the wheels when doing the punta taco, so i wonder if anyone have some tips on how to begin with punta taco.

Thanks!

I assume that by punta-taco you mean heel-toe?

If so, I would suggest to use the pedal indicator and place it in the middle of the screen (or under the mirror) so you can visualy assess how much input you have.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the heel+toe technique, you want to try and aim to press the brake pedal similarly to the way you would normally press it if you're left foot braking. Obviously this can be very difficult to do because you've got to modulate the brake pressure, and blip the throttle at the correct times.

It's just a matter of practice for the most part. Unfortunately, like most things in SimRacing there's no real "Magic Bullet" that can just make you instantly good at something. It just requires time and practice :)

But practicing and getting better at it is half the fun!
The way I learnt to heel+toe shift was to take the KTM X-BOW to Silverstone International with a full fuel tank and just drive and drive and drive until I could get a good rhythm.
For example, try to start with just 1 downshift for Stowe (5th-->4th), to give yourself less to think about, and just focus on getting the throttle blipping right.

Stowe is a great corner to practice with because it doesn't require a huge amount of brake pressure, so it makes balancing the two things (brake pressure and throttle blipping) easier.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back