puff/trail of dust

Hi All.. this is my first question I've needed to ask since I finally decided 2 weeks ago to try and build a track for rFactor using btb pro, I have watched all the tutorial btb vid's on youtube but now this little bit is driving me mad, I imagined that if you place the gravel or sand material on the terrain anywhere adjacent to your track, then if a vehicle drove over that patch it would produce a puff/trail of dust, I have used both sand and gravel by blending with the grass and as a prime material without success, and I have seen that affect in many tracks..

pls help..

look at the tdf files, and read the first section, you can customise the terrain file after, with added dust.and so on.

make sure your material has the hardcoded names in it.
RMBL
GRASS
ROAD

[custom]
DUSTYROAD
SANDYROAD

yes, all parts of rfactor are moddable.smoke effects,dust,sparks,tire skids,friction.and the rest.

// This file defines terrain feedback and special effects.
//
// Note that the dry/wet coefficients are only part of the grip equation ... the tyre
// grip also has dry/wet components, so that even if a terrain has equal dry and wet
// components, the tyre grip may be less in the wet, depending on the tyre.
//
// Rainspray parameters:
// Scale is the starting size.
// Growth is the size difference from start to end.
// GrowthVel is the increase in size difference due to velocity.
// Power defines the curve from start to ending size.
// RampSpeed reduces rainspray alpha under the given speed.
// OffsetVel is the starting position relative to the vehicle (in direction of velocity).
//
// Max number of effects can now be specified as either an explicit number, or
// the token "NumWaypoints" which equals the number of waypoints on the particular
// track.
//
// Enable sparks by increasing the "Max" variable for Reaction=spark. Also set
// "Sparks=1" on appropriate terrains. Also check player file entry "Vehicle Sparks".
//
// All texture maps and e-maps are assumed to be .BMP unless otherwise specified.
// We support .TGA, .JPG.
//
// All MTS files are assumed to be .MTS unless otherwise specified (and it probably
// won't work with any other extensions)
//
// NEW: some of these names may have changed
//
// Available: Shader=NoShade+FlatShade+GouraudShade+AlphaChannel+Specular+EnvirMap+GlobalShadow
// Default: Shader=AlphaChannel+GouraudShade+GlobalShadow
//
// Available: Pixel=NoReduceDetail+ChromaKey
// Default: Pixel=
//
// Default: Chroma=0x00000000 (4-byte hexadecimal color value)
// Default: Color=0x80ffffff (4-byte hexadecimal color value)
//
// Available: Particle=Plane+Box+Cross+MTSFile+Stamps+Billboards+Deformable+SingleSided+AlphaFade
// Default: Particle=Plane+Stamps+SingleSided
//
// Note that MTSFile indicates you want to use an object instead of a map on a simple
// surface. If using MTSFile, replace "Tex=<map>" with "MTS=<obj>".
//
// Available: DestBlend or SrcBlend=Zero/One/SrcColor/InvSrcColor/SrcAlpha/InvSrcAlpha/DstColor/InvDstColor/DstAlpha/InvDstAlpha
// Default: DestBlend=InvSrcColor SrcBlend=One
//
// The "Materials" specifies what materials to apply this feedback to. It matches the FIRST PART of the name,
// so the line "Materials=road" matches any material starting with "road", including "roada", "roadblock", etc.
//
// "Track variables" can be adjusted on a per-track basis by putting the value in the track GDB file.
// This section defines the track variable names and their default values, then the track variable
// names are used below in the FEEDBACK sections ... note that no spaces are allowed in the name nor
// around the equal sign.

roadbumps section

// Roads Bumps LVL1 //small bumps washboard
[FEEDBACK]
Dry=RoadDryGrip Wet=RoadWetGrip Resistance=0.0 BumpAmp=0.011 BumpWavelen=4.0 Legal=true Spring=0.0 Damper=0.0 CollFrict=0.4 Sparks=1 Scraping=1 Sound=dry
Reaction=tiresmoke Tex=smokewhite.tga Max=1024 Scale=(1.0,1.0,1.0) Growth=(4.0,3.0,2.0) ASDEnvelope=(2.0,0.2,3.5) DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
Reaction=skid Tex=skidhard.tga Max=2500 Pixel=NoReduceDetail Particle=Plane+Deformable+SingleSided DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
//Reaction=wetskid Tex=skidwet.tga Max=1024 Duration=0.40 Pixel=NoReduceDetail Particle=Plane+Deformable+SingleSided DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
//Reaction=spray Tex=rainspray.tga Max=1024 Scale=(0.3,0.05,0.6) Growth=(0.3,0.3,0.6) GrowthVel=(0.08,0.09,0.30) Power=0.41 RampSpeed=80.0 OffsetVel=0.10 ASDEnvelope=(0.05,0.07,0.90) DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
Materials=rdax

Hi All.. this is my first question I've needed to ask since I finally decided 2 weeks ago to try and build a track for rFactor using btb pro, I have watched all the tutorial btb vid's on youtube but now this little bit is driving me mad, I imagined that if you place the gravel or sand material on the terrain anywhere adjacent to your track, then if a vehicle drove over that patch it would produce a puff/trail of dust, I have used both sand and gravel by blending with the grass and as a prime material without success, and I have seen that affect in many tracks..

pls help..

Try changing your rfactor material name to "dstg" in BTB under the edit materials tab.
Make sure you click OK for it to work.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back