Public servers (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well,

I know public servers have a bad reputation, but the past few days, I have been racing on 100mbit mini racing a number of times, and each time, was ruined, more badly than an average public server day.

I have noticed the offenders were from a 'Team' called: VDK. To show you guys what I mean, they had about 3 of their VDK guys, on brands hatch indy lined up blocking paddock hill bend, and there were about 16 cars crashing there thanks to them. They also spam the chat thread with child like comments, and spam with quick chat messages in race.

Max-Yvan Liegrace was with me yesterday when they were also racing and wrecking.

What I cannot understand, is that why a 'Team' dedicate themselves to soley wrecking everyone else's race. Normally, its just one or 2 individuals, but a whole team doing that? It just beggars beleif!

I am so angry after the incident a few mintues ago, that I came here to write this up, to warn you of these VDK 'children' if you ever race on public servers with these guys, I recommend leaving if they are on, as I will be doing that in the future. Persistent wreckers on there every day just totally and utterly kills the game, even more than the odd person who wrecks one or 2 poor souls.

VDK Wreckers:
VDK Pika
VDK Stoffel

I pray that these 2 in particular never bother any of you.

Regards

PS Sorry for my outburts, but this has happened too many times, and normally I put things like this aside, but this has persistently gone on, and therefore, I thought I should at least warn you gentleman, should you wish to race on a public server again in the near future.

Wow great racing with you guys on that public server.

For once, everything was suprisingly clean, with some really fast drivers in the grids. Also glad to see that the RD golden rules rubbed off on the publics! Saw some RD drivers on there pulling over when they give someone small tap, and let them pass. Really heart warming to see.

I think a number of people were asking if we were from a community, there were about 12 RD members on there at one point I think, told them it was Racedepartment. Definetly did RD proud on that server tonight methinks! Good racing with all of you!

Maybe we should do this more often, just made more new friends, from RD members I do not normally speak to, now I am good friends with them!

A more 'delightfull' day on your average GTR Evo public server. :)

well that was a very fun 3 hours or so in that server tonight, thankyou for coming those who did, and those who tried but couldnt get in - I think we might have to make a habit of this - was great voting wreckers out, great racing, all in all good fun thankyou all.

Together with a few names being forward here and when Bram brought to attention those 2 applications I couldn't stop smiling and indeed it catch my eye....
Take special attention to the "Grace Au Soutien De" (with support from) area and also go by the friends part...

This might be another peace in the jigsaw, or it might be nothing...
With luck some of you might be nearby and perhaps go by the place (have some fun)....

This brat seam to leave so many tails behind (mail, real and not that common Belgium surname).

Alain is his father name? His father seems to be a 2 stroke engine mechanic...
Kenny is the brat?
Who knows?...
Go and continue the funny investigation... but be nice for the small brat :D

Btw, fun aside, I continue to stand by my earlier post at this topic (1st page) because, although perhaps not written in perfect English, it basically covers all true possible actions on this matter...

well that was a very fun 3 hours or so in that server tonight, thankyou for coming those who did, and those who tried but couldnt get in - I think we might have to make a habit of this - was great voting wreckers out, great racing, all in all good fun thankyou all.

Even later on 12:30am GMT there was me and a couple of other RD guys running around. Wasn;t quite as clean by 2AM, a few blockers and catfights over kickings. Good fun had up until then. Anyways, the new mini skin had a run out.

I really enjoyed last night i must say! very clean racing on a public server and lots of friendly competitiveness and helping each other out between RD members! If anyone wants a setup for that server ive got one :) for anyone :) I had some very good races and ending up with 2 podiums, a 4th and a WIN :D lol but wasn't a league race :(

But well done guys! Very good racing and even public servers have rules at times it seems!

Now this keeps on getting better and better.

Imagine the face of Kennys mother if a band of RD drivers with RD shirts appeared at her door asking if Kenny is at home ^^ They may even say, we're fellow drivers wanting to have some fun with Kenny, and drag him off the computer for a while ^^

Totally innocent ain't it?

Sometimes i popped in to that Mini server too, rarely you can catch some clean race, but most of the time it was the usual public server rubbish, maybe i joined at a wrong time. :)

Well maybe you always get a few, but hey the idiots are about! Nip in with us lot one time and i think we gave a few people a telling off last night! even for voting!

But when the VDK driver came in it was like 10 mice to one piece of cheese! everyone was giving the guys stick! Jamie was impressive thoe ;) lol

He certainly tried to shift the blame onto his other VDK friend from the last 2 nights in particular when challenged, and was apologising very profusley!

Attila, I remember seeing you a number of times on that server too pal, hopefully see you on there more often, as I understand you are quite a mini alien? :)

Regards

He certainly tried to shift the blame onto his other VDK friend from the last 2 nights in particular when challenged, and was apologising very profusley!

Attila, I remember seeing you a number of times on that server too pal, hopefully see you on there more often, as I understand you are quite a mini alien? :)

Regards

Mini alien, that's an understatement. I'm running his BH indy setup and I'm lucky to get within a second of his PB. Even having watched the replay.

That said, there are a couple of guys on that server who could give him a run for his money. Saw a 54.2 the other night.

Last night was fun. I started at this server couple of hours before RD community invasion happened and the change in behaviour was impressive. Real, hard and clean racing happened a lot. And it VERY relaxing when either before or after me was a RD member, i knew then that i don't have to brake out of track to avoid accidents. Of course the starts were not RD quality but there was not that "i use you as a brake in T1" happening. Most of the crashes were just normal hard-racing-accidents. I checked some replays after my 8 hours racing stint was over and almost every shunt was explainable.

That was funny when VDK Stoffel came and instantly there was a kick-vote started and the votes came so fast that the screen was full! :quiet:That guy really tried to explain but after that he was so scared that ge drove very, very clean. At the end of night there came another VDK driver and the kick voiting was immediately on..

Had surprisingly good battles, especially with Dave F. :dance2:

Great BIG thank you all and special good karma to Matt P :chuck: who gave me his setup off Brand Hatch Indy and that was a GREAT help for me. Adjusted my own setups from what i learned and made PB on every track after that! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

What follows is my response to message received from RD admin this morning suggesting that this thread was my attempt at pusing the boundaries of RD Membership Rules -

"See our forum rules with regards to advertising please:
http://forum.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=cfrules['"

I decided to relpy here in the thread having typed the reply out - NOT to be controversial or to intentionally wind admin up - simply because I would value other peoples views on it, am I so wrong?

Please no flaming of admin or RD, its not an easy job for them and they do have to keep some control or the site will be in chaos and none of us want that:

Anyway the reply I chose to post here instead of by PM follows:

TO Admin:
Give me some help here please, I see the line about advertising - If I had put a post saying say come join Daves Racedepartment.com (thats a made up example) and leave RD, then fair enough, I would expect, no deserve to be banned.

What I did do is spend a lot of time on the forum reading, posting and interacting with other members. What I see from that is a desire in people to race - thats why we all end up here at RD - we want to race - trouble is the burning desire to race in us all conflicts with the need for new people to read al the rules and regs, and the forums here at RD. (as it should be)

All I did was see a need in my fellow RD'ers and offer a solution to them - the proof that my reading of this situation was correct is shown by the success of the 'experiment'.

Last nights 'Public Server Invasion' brought people from the community together, RD'ers and the Public got a great nights racing in - more over as someone posted people were interested in why we were all there and where our forums were, now I know that could put us on dodgy ground, ethically, as its not polite to invade someone else's server and start actively recruting, which we did not.

I accept that rules have to be in place, and I understand that the staff and admins here at RD might get a little nervous with stunts like last night with members being taken to 'competitor' servers. I think the view on this sould be to have confidence in RD members that we are grown up enough and clever enough to already know whats on offer and whats out there, but in spite of whats out there we choose RD and whichever servers we go on we will still come back 'home' to RD, because we like it and because we can get together like last night wether its on an RD servers or any other.. Were still back here this morning on RD....

I do, however, stand by my actions 100%, I consider that it was beneficial for RD and its members first, second we definitely benefitted the individuals in the public server because they got a group of us racing with them and not wrecking, also they got the power of non-wreckers on their side when it came to voting idiots off. Thirdly interaction between RD members and 'Joe Public' can only benefit future sign ups for RD.
Finally I fully intend to encourage more frequent 'Public Server Raiding Parties', because I simply can not see a negative in doing what we did last night.

If you tell me specifically NOT to do, and give good reason why I will definitely reconsider.

If its just because my post is seen as breaking RD's advertising rule by providing a means for RD members to get together and do some good for one another, gang up on wreckers, promote Race Department (indirectly) to potential new members, but above all else fulfill existing members desire to race - then sorry but I'll stand by what I beleive to be correct, even if that means I get thrown out of RD

Regards and respect, Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 92 91.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 28 27.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 33 32.7%