PT Actuator Motion Platform

• Thread starter Deleted member 1745118
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1745118

• Deleted member 1745118

I replied to a post with my thoughts regarding the PT Actuator motion platform, but thought it would also be good to create a new post.

I would caution anyone considering purchasing a PT Actuator motion platform. I purchased a "Platform 4 Actuators + TL + Surge" motion platform from PT Actuator in December 2020 and mounted a JCL V2 cockpit on it. I had very few hours on the system when I started getting very loud squeaking noises from at least 2 of the Scorpion actuators. Shao recommended that I take the actuator apart and apply grease to the rubber dirt seal. This solution, if you can even get the actuator apart, is only a temporary fix. If you watch the video that Barry Rowland (great job Barry!) made on the Scorpion actuator, you will see just how hard it is to take these things apart. I asked Shao more than once to supply me with the procedure to properly grease the seal, but received no reply. The warranty procedure is to return the actuator to PT Actuator for repair. After some major coaxing, I did manage to get Shao to send me 2 replacement actuator bodies. I replaced the actuator body on the worst actuator and most of the noise is now gone. I still need to replace the 2nd noisy actuator body. After replacing the 1st actuator body, I sent Shao 2 emails asking for instructions on how to repair the actuators myself, but again received no reply. Until PT Actuator finds a permanent solution to this problem, the noisy dirt seal will apparently be an ongoing issue, so I want to be able to repair the actuator myself. I find dealing with PT Actuator very frustrating. Also, anything sent to the USA from China goes through a very slow customs procedure requiring documentation from both the seller and buyer, again very frustrating. On the positive side, I really do like the overall PT Actuator design, but the loud noise created by the squeaky dirt seal makes it very hard to enjoy the experience.

Hmmm, so maybe I was correct in my assumption after all.

FYI, I did not get a free shipping label but I will be sending 2 actuators back to Thanos, as soon as I replace the 2nd actuator.

So if you thought i was shao, how would i
By the way there's a fantastic PT-Actuators Owner's Group on Whatsapp where we're all in - you should join there as you'd get support from other members like myself there.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 1745118

So if you thought i was shao, how would i

By the way there's a fantastic PT-Actuators Owner's Group on Whatsapp where we're all in - you should join there as you'd get support from other members like myself there.
Thanks.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 1745118

What assumption? You're talking to thanos in this thread - Tronic is Thanos if you weren't aware.
I was aware of the Thanos connection and have done my research. I would consider joining the WhatsApp group, but based on replies from this group I would probably be wasting my time.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 1745118

I want to thank everyone for their input. Based on all of the comments and suggestions received from the group, I now understand the rules:

1) Don't complain or caution others of possible issues
2) Don't expect PT Actuator to reply to emailed questions
3) Be happy with any support I do manage to get from PT Actuator, heck this is only a niche market
4) Be sure to return defective parts promptly, even if questions are not being answered (see #2)
5) Don't try to understand how things work because it is their design and none of my business
6) Don't try to fix anything myself, just ship it back for repair and deal with the cost (see #5)

Darn, I wish I had known these rules when I was still working and designing electrical control systems. I could have sent them to my customers.

Upvote 0
Don't forget...
- Don't be a scammer
- Don't be dishonest
- Don't try an put one over on anyone
- and stop being such a baby.
I want to thank everyone for their input. Based on all of the comments and suggestions received from the group, I now understand the rules:

1) Don't complain or caution others of possible issues
2) Don't expect PT Actuator to reply to emailed questions
3) Be happy with any support I do manage to get from PT Actuator, heck this is only a niche market
4) Be sure to return defective parts promptly, even if questions are not being answered (see #2)
5) Don't try to understand how things work because it is their design and none of my business
6) Don't try to fix anything myself, just ship it back for repair and deal with the cost (see #5)

Darn, I wish I had known these rules when I was still working and designing electrical control systems. I could have sent them to my customers.
Can anyone else hear the violin playing.... *sniff*
Baby!

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 1745118

Don't forget...
- Don't be a scammer
- Don't be dishonest
- Don't try an put one over on anyone
- and stop being such a baby.

Can anyone else hear the violin playing.... *sniff*
Baby!
John, you are in clear violation of rule #1 and the new rule, "Don't be such an AHole".

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea