Project Grindelwald

Tracks Project Grindelwald 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
If I could drive straight up the North Face of Eiger then Grindelwald map would be perfect. I already have a flying car (CLR LM) LMAO

Just deleted this track as part of a big car & track purge - it's heavily WIP yet seems to have been abandoned. Happy to be proved wrong though. :)

Last edited:
Just deleted this track as part of a big car & track purge - it's heavily WIP yet seems to have been abandoned. Happy to be proved wrong though. :)
It's not abandoned, I know it seems like I threw it away. Since this is my hobby and I have work to do related to tracks for AC I don't feel too much the obligation of doing it every day. Just to make it clear, I improved a lot of things but I dont believe that changes that I made all this time deserve a new release here. I will not promise anything but surely I will keep it up with this track, I mean, I love this track... Appriciate you asked for info.

Last edited:
Kuwaku17 updated Project Grindelwald with a new update entry:

0.75 is here! New update of Grindelwald

First of all, I have to say that this version took me lots of time due many issues and reworks from the track itself, and well I'm by my own doing this and I have to work too, but although those inssignificant issues I'm glad to update and share this to the community, cuz maybe or not I don't know If could been doing this without your support guys. So thank you all!

So, enough of boring speeches I'm gonna list a few particular points of interest on this version below.

-Houses are now...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Very nice update - thanks.
The track has come on leaps and bounds.
Spotted quite a few mirrored trees, which always look odd. Be good if these could be fixed.
There's also an alpha issue with the cut-out at the bottom of some of the flags.
Keep up the good work!
Screenshot_vw_golf_r32_mk4_grindelwald_1-5-123-22-10-39.jpg Screenshot_vw_golf_r32_mk4_grindelwald_1-5-123-22-8-57.jpg

Last edited:
Hello again.

It's been almost 2 years since the last time we discussed about the improvement you could do on the track and wow, the latest update is such a significantly different look from when this track first touched RD. Even in this current 3/4th state it's a such beautiful track to drive that it made Polyphony Digital a criminal to not remaster it.

The track width is much much better now, the replica braking markers from the original game are finally here and general overall details of the environment is really beautiful (that moving tram, oh my god!). I can't help but admire your dedication to even travel to the very place in real life to get more accurate pictures of the current Grindelwald is nothing sort of commendable.

Now it's very fun to drive low-powered cars here with much better progressive elevation change on the sector 1 climb, the Trabant is just so much fun to rip around the track. I found myself actually spending almost two hours just driving around in various types of cars and it's still very satisfying to keep nailing the 3rd sector while running really close to the guard rail.

All I can say is thank you for not abandoning this project completely. We're getting close to full release now!
Keep it up mate! :thumbsup:

Here are few screenies if you'd like to have it showcased on the page (22B Impreza & Trabant 601 RS) :
Screenshot_ddm_subaru_22b_grindelwald_11-6-123-23-40-41_1280x720.jpg
Screenshot_tmm_trabant_601_grindelwald_11-6-123-23-14-23_1280x720.jpg
Screenshot_ddm_subaru_22b_grindelwald_11-6-123-23-42-24_1280x720.jpg
Screenshot_tmm_trabant_601_grindelwald_11-6-123-23-18-55_1280x720.jpg
Screenshot_ddm_subaru_22b_grindelwald_11-6-123-23-49-20_1280x720.jpg

Hello again.

It's been almost 2 years since the last time we discussed about the improvement you could do on the track and wow, the latest update is such a significantly different look from when this track first touched RD. Even in this current 3/4th state it's a such beautiful track to drive that it made Polyphony Digital a criminal to not remaster it.

The track width is much much better now, the replica braking markers from the original game are finally here and general overall details of the environment is really beautiful (that moving tram, oh my god!). I can't help but admire your dedication to even travel to the very place in real life to get more accurate pictures of the current Grindelwald is nothing sort of commendable.

Now it's very fun to drive low-powered cars here with much better progressive elevation change on the sector 1 climb, the Trabant is just so much fun to rip around the track. I found myself actually spending almost two hours just driving around in various types of cars and it's still very satisfying to keep nailing the 3rd sector while running really close to the guard rail.

All I can say is thank you for not abandoning this project completely. We're getting close to full release now!
Keep it up mate! :thumbsup:
Thank you! Lovely captures you take!

Also I'm glad you enjoyed it. To be honest I didn't spect people liking this track so much, so that was kinda a gift to me and a great boost to make this possible. Now it seems so far from the beggining that it would be a shame not finishing this circuit, so for sure it will be a pleasure to end this as It must to be!

Cheers!

@Kuwaku17 any progress or updates to share? :)
Well, I'm working with the snow at this moment. I added the configuration for rain. I'm replacing some textures too. In other hand I fixed some issues with the mirrored trees, and now I'm considering the possibility of remove some curbs in some parts. To be fair most of the time I spend now is related to another track I'll release here hopefully after the version 1.0 of Grindelwald which is the next of course, the problem is when, lol.

Last edited:
Kuwaku17 updated Project Grindelwald with a new update entry:

Release of v1.0

Finally the version 1.0 is out!

A short video:

Changes, improvements and fixes:
  • Background mesh and texture updated: they were like 200 textures mixed in 4 big ones to improve the magnificent view of the snowy alps.
  • Corrected the mirrored trees, also I added a variation of them to make the panorama mode diverse. It was the same with the bushes.
  • The pitlane...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Track looks great, but on weekend ai cars are stuck in the pits ? Running latest CSP/Pure. Tried turning extended physics on and off, but no effect.

This is the only track I have where I have this problem

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Hi Track looks great, but on weekend ai cars are stuck in the pits ? Running latest CSP/Pure. Tried turning extended physics on and off, but no effect.

This is the only track I have where I have this problem

Any help appreciated

Thanks
Yes, you're right. It's probably an error related to the AI, I'll fix it and later I'm gonna reupload it. Thank you.

Yes, you're right. It's probably an error related to the AI, I'll fix it and later I'm gonna reupload it. Thank you.
It's quite easy to fix. Just record a new pit_lane.ai, that crosses the fast_lane.ai line after the pit exit. If that's not the case, the AI cars won't leave the pits. I have done this on dozens of tracks, where the AI cars didn't leave the pits and it always solved the problem.

The number of pitboxes in ui_track.json is "25". But the track has only "24". (tested with Grand Prix layout - Course A).
And the trees on the snowy mountains in the far distance are heavily flickering, what is breaking the immersion for me. I'm playing in VR with CSP 0.2.0 and standard settings for adaptive clip planes. Maybe you can fix this, then the track would be perfect for me.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 1 4.0%