PC1 Project CARS: RUF License - CHECK!

Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Project CARS: RUF License - CHECK!

Andy Garton announced today that Slightly Mad Studios managed to acquire a license from German car manufacturer RUF, famous for tuning Porsche of all kind. This does not necessarily mean that normal Porsche models will be included as well, especially due to their license agreement with EA, but it's definitely nice to see them being added to the game.
License signed for 1987 CTR "Yellowbird", 2012 CTR3, 2012 Rt 12R and the 2012 RGT-8.​
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited by a moderator:
It'd be great to see more variety in the offerings Ruf has made over the years.

For example the 993 and 996 ranges had some of the most appealing Ruf cars ever in my view.
The 964/993/996 Ruf's at the time were bonkers, loads of fantastic specials that now seem forgotten.

It's always nice to offer the newest cars, probably for marketing purposes these days more than anything... but missing out a 25 year gap of great Ruf models doesn't really thrill me that much.
Just adding a 993 or 996 and dropping one of the most recent cars would make the overall Ruf offering many times more appealing for my tastes at least.

Dave

The whole business with licensing has always baffled me anyway, legally they can't stop you from taking a picture of their cars and selling it and this is no different.
If you were making an exact duplicate and tried to pass it off as an original, then they would have a cause of action against you (unless of course you were Chinese). ;)

Alex Forbin

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back