PC1 Project CARS official moderators are mad with power

I've been critiquing Project CARS mostly inside the Assetto Corsa thread on their official forums, and for that, I was banned (either that or the posts with me wondering why, in two years, nothing had still been done to the grass rendering), which is simply silly.

But not only that, I've now also been banned from their Steam forums by posting this:

To answer the OP, the only racing game worth buying right now is Assetto Corsa.

Now, I was with PCARS for a number of months (no longer because apparently the moderators at their forum can't handle critique so they ban instead), but I saw very little progress when it came to the actual feeling of the cars, which just isn't there.

Sure, they add new cars and new tracks (yet long standing graphical issues aren't dealt with), and they make sure the cars might be within realistic performance numbers, but numbers doesn't equal feeling and PCARS still lacks feeling.

And cue people saying it's alpha, but the OP said "right now", and right now, Asssetto Corsa blows everything else out of the water.

Apparently I need to "learn what a critique is", yet on their own forums, whenever someone mentions the lack of feeling, everyone just replies "oh, but you just wait for the new physics", which in itself is an implicit admission of what I'm saying!

I think this is what happens when you give people moderation power who are too heavily invested in something and therefor can't take a step back and see things from a wider perspective. Living in a bubble is never healthy...

Also, I dish out similar critique to both iRacing and Assetto Corsa, and nobody on those forums even bats an eye, which is as it should be. If all feedback they want in a forum are from yes sayers, then their product will be inferior in the end.

You should know by now Chris that this is not the place for productive discussion regarding pcars.
I only come here to read the nonsense from some folks.
I'm happy there is a place for people who have had a bad experience with pcars to voice their opinion, this is that place.
This is not a place to share information on pcars, give it a go, see what happens.

This is not a place to share information on pcars, give it a go, see what happens.

Go on then. Start a thread to share information on pcars. It will either have glowing agreement and love or some will say they don't like it yet. It is those who say they don't like it that get you boys down. You just can't stand any negativity towards the simcade game that pcars is turning out to be. (That is my opinion by the way).

Lots of warm regards.

:geek::rolleyes::cool:

But you tolerate a thread with an inflammatory title? The logic is perplexing.

What thread with an inflammatory title? :cool:

664a0122-0a2e-4e6f-9ecd-aafb85eab7b7_zps011723e5.jpg

Last edited:
Normally people gather together to discuss a common interest.
On the internet, that happens on forums.
Forums with a general theme normally have subsections, these sections normally have names to reflect the interest of the people found inside.
Someone is in the wrong place and as it is absolutely clear how you feel about pcars, I think this is you.
It is not normal to go near things you do not like.

Go on then. Start a thread to share information on pcars. It will either have glowing agreement and love or some will say they don't like it yet. It is those who say they don't like it that get you boys down. You just can't stand any negativity towards the simcade game that pcars is turning out to be. (That is my opinion by the way).

Lots of warm regards.

:geek::rolleyes::cool:

Forums with a general theme normally have subsections, these sections normally have names to reflect the interest of the people found inside.
Someone is in the wrong place and as it is absolutely clear how you feel about pcars, I think this is you.

It is odd, almost obsessive.

Can you imagine someone from Brake (the road safety charity) posting on the Pistonheads (another road safety charity :p ) forum?
These things just do not happen, the universe can not take the levels of internet energy released when they do.
Before wifi, cat 5 cables used to glow red hot when you argued on the internet, fact. Now imagine that multiplied all over the world but wireless.

You raise an interesting point Mark.

I see. No one is allowed to dislike the game as it is? Even though I can test it as I like? I see now. I do apologise. :rolleyes:

The game is pretty but the physics are so bad even now. That is my opinion.

Last edited:
This was explained in all detail here AND at WMD. Please stop trolling

As I said, not the place for people to enjoy pcars. There is a fear of expressing a positive opinion here, someone will jump out the bushes and take pot shots at you.

Imagine a couple of mods walking into a biker pub and saying the music is crap, change it. It's called "looking for trouble" or trolling.
That is exactly what is happening here.

Again, who are the trolls? The guys who just don't like the game and say so or the ones who continually come on here to call them derogitive names and post childish pictures in the hope of getting a reaction? Some of you WMD/SMS fanboys are the worst trolls I have ever seen. Don't come here if you don't like whats being said. I don't go to your forum and cause trouble or make insulting gestures. Absolutely childish behaviour but I suppose when you have paid to be a beta tester you must promote your product even if it is not very good yet.

Last edited:
Don't tell me what to do.
I do not own a forum, do you? I visit communities.

I see. It's OK for you to tell me what to do?

Listen, if you don't like the fact that someone does not like PCars, don't get upset about it, just accept it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back