PC1 Project Cars Forum Moderators Banning Customers!

I just wanted to make you all aware to be very careful and withhold any and all complaints on the official Project Cars forums. If you make it known you are having problems with the game and dare to complain, they will ban you, just as they did to me today. It is completely unacceptable to silence customers in this manner. I chose to make SMS, WMD and end users aware of any issues I was experiencing with the game, and they are numerous, as they occurred and for this I paid the price. I post this here so others can be careful and not suffer the same fate.

I was trying to be helpful.
If you want to be helpful I'd like to know where our promised driver swaps are, what the timeline is for fixing the numerous bugs with the pc multiplayer side of things so we can actually do some proper online racing as so far the immersion has been fantastic but the day one bugs are killing the online experience.

If you really don't have an idea what kind of issues the people on this forum are talking about I'll happily send you a list of them via pm or email.

Enjoy your free copies Bram
Don't play that card Mr Bell. Otherwise I have a nice screenshot of your promise of 10 free copies on somebodies FB profile. You send four copies for our youtube team and we only requested two temporary keys. so don't make this look I am on a free ride here. I always pay for my games unless they are beta copies to test so I can have an independent view on them.

As you can see you earned 99,98 euros on me so don't play me.

steam.jpg

No, I don't like the tone here.
Likewise.

Enjoy your free copies Bram but there's no need to be so confrontational.

Before you sulk off in a cowardly manner befitting some retailer caught on BBC's Watchdog, any chance of answering my question regarding your lack of knowledge of the online PC issues?
ps, that's my personal opinion and subjective at that. ;)

And I have two emails of me asking you how much I'd offered, I honestly couldn't remember.

You didn't tell me.

I'm not hinting at a 'free right' in any shape form or fashion.

We have here a thread where people are asking directly if we are acknowledging bugs in our game. I replied that we are and linked to the collated bug lists with current workarounds and team plans that would be of direct help to your users. You deleted my links and called them spam. You told me off for stating the word 'wow' in response to this deletion.

In my honest opinion, you're being difficult for no reason. When I stated that I was merely trying to help, you responded to that with a dismissive complaint.

You really are being unfairly antagonistic in my opinion.

Before you sulk off in a cowardly manner befitting some retailer caught on BBC's Watchdog, any chance of answering my question regarding your lack of knowledge of the online PC issues?

Oh dear, again, why the attitude? 'Sulking off', 'Caught'?? 'Coward'???

I posted links directly to our collated list of user reported PC issues and they were removed as 'spam'.

I'm not sulking off my friend. There is an impossible situation for me here. A blind person could see that.

I guess none of this needs modding though Bram. Not like my list of acknowledged bugs to help your users...

Oh dear, again, why the attitude? 'Sulking off', 'Caught'??

I posted links directly to our collated list of user reported PC issues and they were removed as 'spam'.

I'm not sulking off my friend. There is an impossible situation for me here. A blind person could see that.

You stated you don't like the tone, I thought the tone was quite mild compared to some of the rhetoric you have rec'd on the customer Pcars forum.
It is your chance here to become a friend of RD and openly help with the problems and customer requests. It's a great chance to mend fences Ian.

Enjoy your free copies Bram but there's no need to be so confrontational.

No hard feelings but I think your defensiveness hurts your PR side as much as our bickering does to us. No need to try to avoid serious topics with mentioning wreckers on a organised racing forum that spans over pretty much every sim out there. We know no other word than private room. You could have avoided this avalanche of animosity by saying "Dont worry guys, we are working on the fixes!"

There is a simpler solution to everything. :)

You stated you don't like the tone, I thought the tone was quite mild compared to some of the rhetoric you have rec'd on the customer Pcars forum.
It is your chance here to become a friend of RD and openly help with the problems and customer requests. It's a great chance to mend fences Ian.

I wish. Please read through this thread with an open mind and tell me I have any chance of that.

I wish. Please read through this thread with an open mind and tell me I have any chance of that.

Of course you do Ian. Many of the members here have purchased Pcars just for the RD club racing and possible future leagues. You presence here actively helping to find and fix the parts that are broken would help you no end.

Of course you do Ian. Many of the members here have purchased Pcars just for the RD club racing and possible future leagues. You presence here actively helping to find and fix the parts that are broken would help you no end.

And nothing would make me happier Jack. But my first attempt to link the bug list and workarounds were deleted as spam by Bram. I'm not sure how I can help any more directly than that.

You really are being unfairly antagonistic in my opinion.
After three years you decide to log in again and the first thing you answer to honest questions is that you don't see any online issues other then complaints about online wreckers while this forum has plenty of threads describing online issues in detail.

You see antagonism the moment you want to avoid a discussion and play the victim, that's something else. You do it here in the forums and similar in your emails or pm's back in 2012.

I'm not sure how I can help any more directly than that.
I do, hover over your name and click log out. You had three years time to make a normal post and you never took the time to embrace your paying customers here. Now you are just here to stir things up similar as in 2012.

Negative publicity is also publicity right? But that ship has sailed now.

Well I tried. :rolleyes: I thought it was too good to be true having Ian back to help us with our MP issues. I guess they will never get fixed because the only issues they are noting is that of wreckers on public servers.
How sad. :whistling::whistling:

I agree, they just don't like answering customer questions in public. Ian stated that the only MP issues were "wreckers". Do you agree with that?

Doesn't matter if I agree with it, jumping down the guy's throat because you didn't like his answer isn't the best way to handle things. The games been out, what, two whole weeks? Give them a chance. Every new game that comes out nowadays has it's share of bugs, it's the timeliness with which those bugs are addressed that we should be judging them on and they haven't really had time to address anything yet. If we're still having this conversation in 6 months, then I will grab my torch and pitchfork and join the mob.

You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. :thumbsup:

Doesn't matter if I agree with it, jumping down the guy's throat because you didn't like his answer isn't the best way to handle things. The games been out, what, two whole weeks? Give them a chance. Every new game that comes out nowadays has it's share of bugs, it's the timeliness with which those bugs are addressed that we should be judging them on and they haven't really had time to address anything yet. If we're still having this conversation in 6 months, then I will grab my torch and pitchfork and join the mob.

You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. :thumbsup:

Fair enough Brandon, but he is not even acknowledging the MP problems as you can see. He can't fix the wreckers. :rolleyes:
I didn't jump down his throat either. He started his usual mind games.

For you Andy or do you want to hear it all personal from Ian himself, maybe over dinner, he could whisper all the MP problems into your shell like while stroking your thigh? :p

Known Issues:

Drive Option is locked in MP
Only regional lobbies visible in MP Browser
Game crashes when moving from Practice/Qualifying into raceFIXED
Some lobbies can't be joined
Players are send to the menu after leaving the pits
Game freezes for a split-second when other players join an online session
AI doesn't lap aggressively enough
Camera switches to bumper cam

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period