PC1 Project Cars Forum Moderators Banning Customers!

I just wanted to make you all aware to be very careful and withhold any and all complaints on the official Project Cars forums. If you make it known you are having problems with the game and dare to complain, they will ban you, just as they did to me today. It is completely unacceptable to silence customers in this manner. I chose to make SMS, WMD and end users aware of any issues I was experiencing with the game, and they are numerous, as they occurred and for this I paid the price. I post this here so others can be careful and not suffer the same fate.

Wow, just when I thought things were getting better here this all kicks off. I realise that not everyone is an angel on this subject but bejaysus people. I'm as disappointed as the next person about the bugs but it is strange how pCARS is singled out when most of the next gen sims are all suffering similar problems. That I think is the issue that stinks most on this site. All I need is for Andy (although I have been impressed with your reasonable posts) or David to say "simcade" and it's deja vu for me.

FWIW been lurking and been impressed with the maturity of most (except David), shame. I was thinking of dropping some cash on Reiza but any connection to this site is a major no no for me now. IMO it all started with the deletion of Ian's links. VERY disappointed with Bram, IMO WAY more unprofessional than anything Ian possibly did.

Its amazing how everyone is reasonable, then WMD members come and stir the pot again, saying we "lead the witchhunt". Its pretty obvious what is going on here when you start matching people up with members of the wmd forum.

You are all doing the very things everyone is accusing you of. Its getting close to the point of putting an end to this discussion.

If you dont like RD, dont come here. No one is forcing you to post.

I think that when one starts matching people, saying that "you all are doing .... is accusing you of" and saying that "i should not come here", what else can this evolve into? Will there be Call of Duty death match organized and the winner takes it all? I mean guys, we're here because we like racing, aren't we? I don't recognize myself in any of Ryan's sentences but i feel offended. Should i elaborate more?

Sure some people have been rather aggressive about it, but all I really see here is people questioning the motives and professionalism of wmd, which they have every right to do. And in return WMD members are crying that they are persecuted and trying to say that RD is such a terrible place rather than directly addressing the forementioned concerns.

Are we so terrible though? We allow free speech and expression so long as it is done in a respectful manner. So far, I see much more disrespect coming from the wmd members.

Despite many people saying rediculous things against RD we have yet to ban anyone for it. We also have yet to get an honest and direct response to the tough questions asked.

I have no doubt that the bugs will eventually be fixed. However, following this thread, I also have no doubt that wmd members actually are being banned for simple criticisms. After all people do it here, a non-wmd forum, and the wmd members and Ian Bell himself suddenly jump on it and divert attention from the real issue.

Want this thread cleaned up? Fine. All off topic or instigating posts from here out will be removed. The topic of this thread is Project Cars Forum Moderators Banning Customers.

Keep it on topic, this thread will no longer be hijacked.

Last edited:
I just want to clear something up. The OP isn't a WMD Member. He got banned from the public forum. He just have to make a new account and he can continue to write (in a respectful manner if possible, or an ip ban will be considered).

After all people do it here, a non-wmd forum, and the wmd members and Ian Bell himself suddenly jump on it and divert attention from the real issue.

Where? Ian did answer correctly (without jumping on him) on the first page, then Andy started talking about the bugs, which "diverted the attention from the real issue". Or am I not getting what you're saying? :O_o:

Last edited:
Its amazing how everyone is reasonable, then WMD members come and stir the pot again, saying we "lead the witchhunt". Its pretty obvious what is going on here when you start matching people up with members of the wmd forum.

You are all doing the very things everyone is accusing you of. Its getting close to the point of putting an end to this discussion.

If you dont like RD, dont come here. No one is forcing you to post.

Everyone is NOT being reasonable at all. I'm active in a lot of forums and lurk on many more and this one has many members that are just appalling IMO.

And here we go with the "WMD" member crap, Why not just call me an "investor" isn't that the favourite put down of any post from a WMD member? sheesh. All I did was pay 45 euros (which is the price of a game) and that was to get an inside view on how a game was developed, it's been a fascinating 4 years for me personally and it shows the hard work ALL devs do in getting a semblance of reality regarding sims to our screens. I didn't do this to "invest" I did it for the game and for the insight and I've already got my money's worth and more. I feel no more an "investor" of pCARS than I do of ANY game I purchase. But oh no...I'm in WMD I'm "evil" FFS.

And no I don't "have" to post here your right. I "choose" to.

Honestly? Bye then. :rolleyes: This place is obviously not for your liking.

Not going anywhere, I'll continue to post/lurk here. Many members are solid sane level headed people and I have no problems with them, many are unfortunately not.

On to the OP, I'm on the official Elite forums and people who bad mouth David Braben tend to get banned pretty quick over there too, strange that.

If I was abusive towards Bram and generally treated him like Ian and David are sometimes treated I'm certain I'd get banned from here, why do you all expect Ian and SMS to suck up the grief when you wouldn't accept it if it was aimed at yourselves?

I would say as a forum this place is now the best for help, comment and opinion.

WMD started off on a bad footing here initially as they did in other places, but thankfully RD have remained independent, unlike virtualr and nogrip who were taken under WMD's wing and were patrolled by their "friends"

Guys like Bram have not allowed themselves to be bullied or mderated by WMD as other places have done. The comments about free games and copies are typical of the type of issue facing a place like this and also used by Mr Bell, who no matter what he does seems to across in a bad way to some of us, let's face it how many other sim bosses do you even know the name of let alone have an opinion of. They dont do it coz its pointless, fruitless and a waste of time.

I do not agree with RD's play to play ideal, it is not a big enough market for me, but they seem to be doing fine with it.

If you make these kind of claims and are involved in as much controversy as WMD have been with this game, you are bound to garner some strong opinions. Unlike Corsa, Rfactor2 and others, they have gone about their business in a quieter way, yet have had just as many issues.

The problem here is shouting from the rooftops, if you do that and then release a game late, with a host of issues, be forced to issue a press release to AMD users, then I would say you are liable to come in for criticism.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back