PC1 Project Cars breaks 1 million sales

pcars.jpg

Bandai Namco has announced that Slightly Mad Studios' racing simulator Project Cars has sold one million copies worldwide.

The news comes from an official press release, and presumably counts sales from all three platforms (PC, PS4 and Xbox One). According to the press release, PCars is also the "best-rated racing game for Playstation 4" - which we assume is talking about the Metacritic rating, currently sitting at 84.

Slightly Mad Studios head honcho Ian Bell declared: "throughout the development phase, the community has been fundamental - giving us daily feedback, telling us what needed to be improved, highlighting what they wanted the most and ultimately making it one of the racing games of their dreams". The press release ends with Bell saying that the studio "will be talking more about that future very, very soon", substantially implying that a PCars sequel is in the works.

What do you think of Project Cars and its success? Let us know in the comments below!

The cover image has been taken from our Racetube: check it out for more Project Cars screenshots and videos!

Last edited by a moderator:
What "simple question" am I not answering? Unless it's privileged info, I'll tell you anything you want to know. I would have thought that much, at least, was obvious.

Apologies, I was talking about bmanic and his insistent claims that Bram has an "agenda" etc ...
(I edited that post within 30seconds!... Wow you really are quick to jump...)

Though to be fair, you, Micas, seem to be VERY quick to argue against ANY criticism of this game, no matter how small the bug nor how big the complaint. You are apologising for what is essentially a broken game and disgraceful official forum conduct...

I'm not talking about "the intanetz" or whatever you insinuate by your demeaning connotations...
I'm talking about proper sim racing forums with experienced and somewhat professional gamers that run leagues on all different racing games (like racedepartment!) ...

Your SUPER QUICK response to my criticisms, with your harsh tone and your refusal to accept that this game was and is BROKEN (career mode!) are the exact thing that I was trying to point out, so thanks for proving me right...

Look, if this game is so damned awesome, which you seem to think it is... Tell me then, how I can complete the career mode please? Because I'm stuck on what seems to be a game-breaking bug after game-breaking bug with no idea nor timeframe on any patches to fix it... Prove me wrong man. I honestly want to play this game in career mode but I'm stuck... (literally inside the track on occasion!)

It's totall bull crapp that You can't criticize pCARS on WMD forum without getting banned lol.

I'm living proof of that, read my posts.

I have over 3000 posts, and I bet more than 1/2 was pointing out something that was wrong or broken, but I never got personal about it.

Even my WMD handle is a jab at pCARS
"Full control of car at start, pit stops, flags and after the end of a race FTW."

Keep it real :)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back