PC1 Project CARS Alpha Build released

It looks fantastic, much better than RF2, now let's see about FFB and physics.

pxu55jjm.jpg

cars2011-10-1118-50-2032h2.jpg

Well handling wise it looks as if the car has too much grip(i was a long time grand prix legends player and those monsters were very touchy)

But....graphic wise....my god...it looks stunning.The sense of speed is incredible and being able to enable or disable the hands/driver animations is a great thing for those that play with cockpits.

Depends offcourse if the game gets more realistic, at this moment i find it a mix between Shift and Forza.
So not really my cup of tea. But we see how it goes and i will give my feedback. Still a year away to a proper build as this is still alpha.
About innovation. ISI and there new tire physics is quite innovating imo. With the flatspotting etc. If that works all oke.
It will change they way we need to drive and i think for alot of people it will be whole new level of simracing. :)

I think there is still room for all the players in the Market as long as they realise people expect and deserve a better quality product from the start, a game should not need patches to address fundamental issues 5 seconds after release. This sadly became common place since the Internet provided a mass transit to the customer and has made developers and publishers too lazy, publishers especially being to blame for forcing the hand of the devs to deliver when it's not really ready !!

Depends offcourse if the game gets more realistic, at this moment i find it a mix between Shift and Forza.
So not really my cup of tea. But we see how it goes and i will give my feedback. Still a year away to a proper build as this is still alpha.
About innovation. ISI and there new tire physics is quite innovating imo. With the flatspotting etc. If that works all oke.
It will change they way we need to drive and i think for alot of people it will be whole new level of simracing. :)

Agrees :)

Forza 4 is a huge improvement and definitively the benchmark for console sim racing :p

I'm afraid this game will kill Simbin and ISI.
But hey, a slow development and innovation cycle just means death. Look at Live For Speed.. Simbin and ISI seem to do the same..

I have to agree.

I’ve been running r-Factor, Game Stock Car, every SimBin title released, Dirt 3, F1 2011, Shift, netKarPro, iRacing, GT5 on PS3 and Forza on XBOX 360 and from what I’ve seen of CARS so far it’s has a lot of potential without a doubt.

This project might finally give what many of us have been asking for, the excellent DirectX 11 graphics/performance that we’ve seen from titles like Dirt3 and F1 2011 combined with the realistic car handling physics that we’ve seen from r-Factor, netKarPro or even iRacing.

I have to agree.

I’ve been running r-Factor, Game Stock Car, every SimBin title released, Dirt 3, F1 2011, Shift, netKarPro, iRacing, GT5 on PS3 and Forza on XBOX 360 and from what I’ve seen of CARS so far it’s has a lot of potential without a doubt.

This project might finally give what many of us have been asking for, the excellent DirectX 11 graphics/performance that we’ve seen from titles like Dirt3 and F1 2011 combined with the realistic car handling physics that we’ve seen from r-Factor, netKarPro or even iRacing.

Couldn't agree more. With my very first lap, I knew this was something special. Even with no AI and only 2 tracks, I can play this all day. Even nKP doesn't do it for me anymore. The physics and handling are exceptional.

Some people think this won't be a sim when it's finished. I can't see how that is possible. Right now it's better than anything currently out there and it can only get better.

This time, it's the console versions that will get "dumbed down" instead of the other way around. CARS will be finalized and optimized for PC's and PC hardware before they even start to make the console ports.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back