PC3 Project CARS 3 | Latest Screenshot Previews And Gameplay Mechanic Insights

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly Mad Studios have dropped a few more content teasers from Project CARS 3 in the last few days, revealing some interesting motors set to feature in the new game.
  • New images feature mix of road and race cars.
  • Accolades system revealed
We are well aware that the current feeling amongst the community about Project CARS 3 is rather split at the moment, with some of us interested to see how the proposed new direction of the series pans out, while others are less keen on the potential shift towards a more arcade focus for the franchise.

With Slightly Mad Studios taking the opportunity to drop a few more (rather admittedly pretty) screenshot teasers from the game, we get the chance to have a look at some of the content that will be heading our way on release day, and get a little teaser about some further gameplay features within the title.

Project CARS 3 1.jpg

Alongside the images revealed on Social Media, Slightly Mad Studios included the following informative captions, which gives players some idea of the gameplay mechanics that will form part of the Project CARS 3 experience.
  • Chase that perfect lap, win that one race everyone wants to win, make history for consecutive race wins. Your driver’s journey in #ProjectCARS3 is tracked by the Accolades system, so you have the data to back up your bragging rights. Collect them all!
  • In #ProjectCARS3, you have a wide selection of motorsport and community-inspired liveries and stickers that will guarantee your racing machine stands out on the grid—make your mark!
  • Your garage is your home away from the track. Access the showroom, customise your cars, personalise your drivers, and admire your career achievements.
Project CARS 3 3.jpg

Love it or loathe it, it looks like Project CARS 3 is certainly heading a more 'gameplay' style direction than previous iterations into the franchise, but it remains to be seen if this will suitably detract from the simulation aspects of the title to turn off current fans, or if SMS will be able to tread that fine line between appealing to arcade fans, whilst still satisfying those wishing to engage in a simulation experience.

Only time will tell...

Project CARS 3 will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC this summer.

Want to discuss this new game with fellow sim racing fans? No worries, head over to the Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread!

Project CARS 3 2.jpg

I can completely understand and respect the decision from SMS to move in this direction. Personally i am well tired of lifeless simulators that hasn't innovated anything in terms of gameplay features since well the beginning. SMS is the only company in the market that has ever put any effort into their career mode.
Codemasters and Monster Games say: "Son, know what you are talking about before starting the big talk".

Cheers!

Nice gatekeeping, and you people wonder why simracing is a niche

It is a big problem. A lot of us who gets triggered and goes "gatekeeping", should and could indeed just chill out. But the deep passion for simulation that is honest and uncompromised creates this conflict. If you think that Project Cars is part of the sim niche, then you are wrong, it is not part of it. It is part of it in terms of the marketing, thats because it uses to stretch out the definition of what simulation is about, but it does not change anything about niche of simulations positively. It probably even harms true simulation niche, by blending in many dishonestly labeled as realistic physical features and in general shifts paradigm of simulation, up to the point that even certain mods in actual simulations begins being comforted out and simplified so that it is very easy to anyone, accsesible for any kid or adult, who honestly just is about fun, and does not care much about honest imitation of reality nor could handle it (at extremes), those are kind of majority of guys now in simracing. If SMS were full about honesty they would indeed be a part of a niche, and very likely with greatly lesser income. But why do I say it, it is just forever going fight against windmills, no one cares. It is just a nature of this market that everything will slowly get arcadified because being attractive and approachable will trump everything plus being only good for very temporary use is also good for business. It will be so till there will form some core of really savage guys, to push some truly realistic stuff with some deliciously licensed content to pull attraction and that will last. Just like Kunos did and created such impulse in racing games niche (of which simulation is sub-niche) that most developers had to grab on simulation cliche to keep lookin' good... But sadly most of the kids don't look good when they need to control some savage car at peak of its performance.

Pcars2 was supposed to be the 'One to Rule Them All' of simulators. It failed and ended up playing second fiddle to Assetto Corsa.
SMS got smart and decided that playing third string behind Forza and GT would still sell five times (or more) copies than pc2. And dumbing down the physics is surely much easier than chasing realism. Win win situation for SMS. And if the marketing dept can sell a few copies to the hardcore simmers that is just the cherry on top.

AMS2 gets much love around here, with many saying it has the highest simulation value of them all. Yet take a look at the SteamDB graphs (YIKES!) and it is easy to see why SMS made their decisions.

Well my recollection is much different, if you said anything negative about pCars1 you were met with
a slew of shareholders, experts and novices alike telling me and others that it would get much better ,
" you can tell by all the updates they do " aka it would improve :rolleyes:

Now like magic just as many say whole 3 are simcade ......which is no news to me

i say again core physics do not change in a engine you can tell them apart like black/white
Fool yourselves updates can fix any physics in any sim including rF2

Slightly Mad Studios have dropped a few more content teasers from Project CARS 3 in the last few days, revealing some interesting motors set to feature in the new game.
  • New images feature mix of road and race cars.
  • Accolades system revealed
We are well aware that the current feeling amongst the community about Project CARS 3 is rather split at the moment, with some of us interested to see how the proposed new direction of the series pans out, while others are less keen on the potential shift towards a more arcade focus for the franchise.

With Slightly Mad Studios taking the opportunity to drop a few more (rather admittedly pretty) screenshot teasers from the game, we get the chance to have a look at some of the content that will be heading our way on release day, and get a little teaser about some further gameplay features within the title.

View attachment 386852

Alongside the images revealed on Social Media, Slightly Mad Studios included the following informative captions, which gives players some idea of the gameplay mechanics that will form part of the Project CARS 3 experience.
  • Chase that perfect lap, win that one race everyone wants to win, make history for consecutive race wins. Your driver’s journey in #ProjectCARS3 is tracked by the Accolades system, so you have the data to back up your bragging rights. Collect them all!
  • In #ProjectCARS3, you have a wide selection of motorsport and community-inspired liveries and stickers that will guarantee your racing machine stands out on the grid—make your mark!
  • Your garage is your home away from the track. Access the showroom, customise your cars, personalise your drivers, and admire your career achievements.
View attachment 386851

Love it or loathe it, it looks like Project CARS 3 is certainly heading a more 'gameplay' style direction than previous iterations into the franchise, but it remains to be seen if this will suitably detract from the simulation aspects of the title to turn off current fans, or if SMS will be able to tread that fine line between appealing to arcade fans, whilst still satisfying those wishing to engage in a simulation experience.

Only time will tell...

Project CARS 3 will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC this summer.

Want to discuss this new game with fellow sim racing fans? No worries, head over to the Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread!

View attachment 386853
Hopefully it will be adequate to control on a hand controller with a console.

Those are not new screenshots. It felt like RD just want to have another SMS crapping thread.

The market is pretty saturated with sims, I am not surprised if they went on this route because it will be hard to compete with so many games in the market. Then, the more arcade side is fairly barren so it makes a lot of sense for them to move towards this direction. Even if it more simplified, it is still by far better than anything Forza has.

Still upset with this direction but I am sick of crapping on SMS.

What confuses me, Is that I have long maintained that arcade games would benefit from a sim-orientated driving engine, and now we have exactly that coming onto the market,I can't help but view it with contempt.

edit-Just realized it must be the Ian Bell effect.

After many years of not playing any games (last one was GP2 using a keyboard) I started again with PC (for a very short time) and PC2.
Having no experience with a real race car I could not imagine that it's really so easy to drive a GTE or LMP2 car. So I'm in the process of learning rf2.

I completely understand SMS's decision. Many people who spend an hour or two on my rig find PC2 way to hard. Going for a simulation is really an absolute niche. And at the prices of a game, you'll want a mass market. Another thing is content. Being "used" to PC2, the rf2 content surprised even me.

Anyway, the game is going in the exactly opposite direction of me. But then again I as well as SMS could not care less if I'm part of a mass market:)

SMS got smart and decided that playing third string behind Forza and GT would still sell five times (or more) copies than pc2.

I would think SMS are looking to outsell Forza and GT, as the only cross platform game out of the three titles PCars has a distinct advantage in the market, all they need to do is match the accessibility of those games for the casual racer.

Online multiplayer sells games and consoles in todays market and cross platform games sell the most.

I would think SMS are looking to outsell Forza and GT, as the only cross platform game out of the three titles PCars has a distinct advantage in the market, all they need to do is match the accessibility of those games for the casual racer.

Online multiplayer sells games and consoles in todays market and cross platform games sell the most.
To outsell something you have to make something equal and market it better, or make something BETTER or something that offers MORE in terms of quantity. Forza is on XBox AND PC. It has HUGE content, all the standard features of a simcade, and it generally isn't too bad for a simcade.

On PS there's the KING....GT. Just like Forza, it has HUGE content, all the standard features needed for a "nice" racing experience, and it's even better than Forza in terms of realism.
How is PC3 going to outsell those GIANTS?
Well it would have to have more than 700 cars....the same features if not more, and an accessible yet challenging and entertaining driving experience.

Facts:
1)PC3 will probably not have 700 cars. PC2 has like what...200? Even if they doubled the number (i doubt it) it would still have 300 cars less. And in games like these, it MATTERS.
2) It will have less features. No fuel consumption.No tire wear. For those simcade players who want something more "realistic" and longer races this will be a BIG turnoff.
3) The physics will not be as CONSISTENT (for lack of better word) as GT or Forza. I'm sure people will complain about imbalances again. Some cars driving like S%#^...some others being OP...some others being indifferent. It's just the nature of this engine. That's why they tried to simplify the tire model. They're trying to make it more "consistent". It's not going to work.

So i don't see PC3 having a "distinct" advantage. More like the opposite. It has several distinct disadvantages.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back