PC3 Project CARS 3 | IndyCar 2019 Hotlap Video

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly Mad Studios have released a new preview video from Project CARS 3 - this time featuring the 2019 Dallara IndyCar on the WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca.

As Slightly Mad Studios continue to build up to release date of Project CARS 3, we get another new video of the upcoming game in action - this time featuring the 2019 Dallara IR-18 IndyCar machine, taking to the most legendary of circuits that is the WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca circuit - one of the most popular and impressive racing venues in the United States.

With release of Project CARS 3 scheduled for release towards the end of next month, Slightly Mad Studios have confirmed they plan on releasing a new gameplay hotlap video from different car and track configurations each week on the build up to release - so expect plenty of interesting content to drop over the coming month and a bit.

Project CARS 3 will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC this summer.

Want to discuss this new game with fellow sim racing fans? No worries, head over to the Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread!

pcars 3.jpg

Great 2020 graphics, checked. Great 2020 VR performance, checked. Great selection of interesting content, checked.
Assuming the driving feeling of most of content will be on par with PCars2, possibly with some tweaking of the custom FFB files, we know the drill, then looking forward to August 28th, to add to my Steam library.
Will probably get a lot more fun and usage from this than some DLC I bought on sale recently because some elite sim racers said it was the pinnacle. But for me it felt like the same old re-hashed old game it has been for years. Only positive is that, now, I do not have to even think about it, I know it is not for me.
PC3, like a lot of other people is probably going to give me a lot more fun SIM time. Bring it on. :D

Why are some many posting here just to say that they are not interested? nobody cares that you don't like PCars2 and will not want to try PCars3 because you prefer a SIM that very few people even drive.
Still today a lot of sim driver enjoy using PCars2 for what it can bring to them. That is what people actually enjoy, get a life, deal with it. :rolleyes:

Simply because of two obvious reasons I stated in my previous post:

1 - The developer was advertising PC 3 as a simulation, but with every new news we get from it, this product looks less and less a simulator.

2 - And people are posting here because this site is mostly about sim
racing, and of course everybody has the right to post here to give their
opinions on any product if they want to - and as I said, personally, this
product is a dissapointmet for me and for many sim racers.

You should respect other people's opinions and should understand that not everyboby has the same tastes as you. Moreover, I said that it's
alright if some sim racers like arcade games, I respect that, but I don't like what this new racing game is looking, and I express it freely here.

Since when simulation =/= fun? :O_o:

:thumbsup:

I hear a lot of statements like this, even from hardcore simracers: that a game is either "sim" or "fun".

I can fully understand someone who loves racing games with arcade physics, where you get to unlock cars and recieve pointless XP points, and they say the arcade game is fun.

I can also understand a person who likes both arcade and sim games calling the arcade ones fun and also the sim ones fun.

But for a sim racer such as me who enjoys realistic physics, sims are "fun" and arcade games are not fun.

I bought PC1 and PC2 and wouldn't accept anything more arcade than them. I now have visual confirmation that PC3 is absolutely definitely not for me. Meaning that, for me, it is not fun.

Last edited:
Why are some many posting here just to say that they are not interested? nobody cares that you don't like PCars2 and will not want to try PCars3 because you prefer a SIM that very few people even drive.
Still today a lot of sim driver enjoy using PCars2 for what it can bring to them. That is what people actually enjoy, get a life, deal with it. :rolleyes:

erm maybe just maybe people liked the "sim" aspects of PC1 and 2 and are very disappointed that instead of building on the foundations they have gone off in a different direction?

I do longish stints and I like how I can improve my times as the tyres come up to temp, then as they wear my times drop a bit, then as the fuel burns off and the car "comes back to me" I pick up a bit more speed, then in final stages of useable tyre life the times drop again and no amount of fuel burning get's those fast times back....ALL that gone in PC3.

Looking at the video PC3 is certainly a tricky racing game to place for me, somewhere between Forza Horizon, Grid 2019 and Forza Motorsport/GT (as they both have fuel/tyre wear/pits etc)?

Grid 2019 was ok as an arcade blast, Forza 7 has improved hugely (track limits, FFB, track feedback etc) and F1 2020 has the best career mode in a racing game yet.

So I'm left thinking VR accessible racing game is the USP on PC? I'll probably give it a try, we play most racing games here, but I still have doubts.

Have to say it could be THE racing title for my friends and me to finally race together.
3 of them have bought a Logitech dfgt over the years and enjoyed some dirt rally with it.
But the moment you drop pit stops, fuel, setups at all onto them, it's too much.
They don't have a clue about racing or setups but they can drive very well in real life and when you give them forza, they don't like it.

They all enjoy a stable setup with correct pressures and fuel for a few hotlaps in rF2 or ACC when they are at my place.

Hosting a server in rF2 is too much hassle though for me for just a few quick races with varying content and ACC doesn't allow for AI online.

So if pcars 3 allows for a simish DRIVING experience without anything else to handle and a few well made assists (acc or rF2 gt3 pack have awesome abs and tc!) for all cars available.
Alongside the easy hosting of pcars2 with decent AI:

I'm sure we'll have some nice quick races together!

So if you wonder for who the f*** this pcars 3 is created for: now you know it.

I personally get most fun in simracing from nice battles with real persons and from a great driving feel.
No issue that there won't be pit stops, tyres to care about and all the rest. Although I really hope that there will be something like situational overheating or cooling down of them.
Similar to what raceroom did in the past.

I just checked the official website and i don't see the word "simulator" or "simulation", anywhere. It even says it has a new tyre model for FUN handling. So i don't understand where some of you get this idea that they advertise PC3 as a simulator. They don't. They never did. Let's be honest, you're just hating just to hate because that's what you do. Without any reason.

They clearly stated right from the start that PC3 was going to be an arcade. A simcade at best. Why can't you just ACCEPT IT AND MOVE ON? Why do you have to keep coming here and HATING and HATING and being TOXIC to everybody who has anything good to say about it? Cancel culture has infected the simracing community as well? I thought this community was full of "serious" people...maybe even mostly adults with some common sense. I guess i was wrong.

Also, you never liked PC2 or 1 either, so it's not like your favorite simulator has been ruined! So again....why all this?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.