Project Cars 2 to Automobilista 2 content placement

Hello everyone,
I'd like to ask you, especially owners of said games, a question: since the two games use the same engine, could PC2 content be transferred to AMS 2 in some way? The best would be simple copying, but, for example rFactor 1 content needs a bit of conversion to run on AMS 1.

I ask this, because the seemingly annoying imperfections of PC2 prevent me from buying that title, but purchasing it on a discount, and using the vast amout of PC2 content on the Reiza-improved platform seems exciting to me.

Didn't Reiza come out and say recently that they are working with SMS to license some of the cars and tracks for use in AMS2? Not everything, but they said the models will provide a working base to apply their physics and polish to. Maybe I dreamed it, IDK.

Reiza said that their partnership had helped them open some doors for licensing negotiations on some content. They also said that some PCars content, which they've gained licenses for, had given them groundwork which sped up the process of creating it for AMS 2. They did not say that any or all of PCars 2's content would be directly ported to AMS 2.

Yep, you are right. Here is the post.

Sounds like several of the car models they might use which will speed up development. Either way, nice to see.

It read like TSOs (trackside objects) would be re-used, but that Reiza will do their own terrain. If I were king, I'd definitely bring over PCARS2 Long Beach and seriously consider the historic Le Mans even though Reiza has no suitable content for it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back