PC2 Project CARS 2 graphic downgrade?

• Thread starter Deleted member 99238
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 99238

• Deleted member 99238

Hello.
Looking at the preview trailer Project Cars 2 on YouTube I noticed one very funny thing. Graphics that the developers promised us are very different from the one we see in the game.
Compare yourself:
Brands Hatch circuit.
Project CARS 2 - Announce Trailer:
a8a7a0347d79.jpg

Project CARS 2 - 1.6.0.0:
91d7c99e970e.jpg

Do not you think that the environment in the game looks at the level of the games of 2010?

Time of day and climate are different.
I was a member of WMD, and when the trailer was done, I think the trees where not 3D. Now they are.
Also, I don't know how you took the bellow image, but now rubber is visible as an effect of live track 3, while in the trailer it was already working, but not visible.
So no downgrade, but an upgrade.

• Deleted member 99238

Time of day and climate are different.
I was a member of WMD, and when the trailer was done, I think the trees where not 3D. Now they are.
It's not about the climate and the time of the day, it's about the details of the surroundings of the track. The trees in the foreground are not 3D and if you want I can show it to you and prove it.
Also, I don't know how you took the bellow image.
This is a screenshot made by me from the game in photo mode, nothing complicated.

Just tried.
The photo you made was done in private session.
No spectators and trucks on the track.
Here's mine in private session:
378860_20180616101211_1.jpg

And in race:
378860_20180615200000_1.jpg

And the trees are 3D. Well, maybe not fully 3D, but more 3D than usual:
378860_20180616101151_1.jpg

378860_20180616101129_1.jpg

• Deleted member 99238

FlyPT, yes, everything looks like on your screenshots, but for more clarity I'll give you an example of this comparison:

Gran Turismo Sport vs Project CARS 2
Personally, I'm disappointed seeing such an environment schedule in 2018.

The 3D trees were some of the key elements to be able to do the change of seasons properly. Granted, they don't look as nice 'directly' as the older 2D trees, but the benefits of how they change with the seasons makes up for it IMO.

BTW, I think just about every track looks better in Autumn. ;)

FlyPT, yes, everything looks like on your screenshots, but for more clarity I'll give you an example of this comparison:

Gran Turismo Sport vs Project CARS 2
Personally, I'm disappointed seeing such an environment schedule in 2018.
You cant compare a game that can focus on static daytime vs a game that has to do a day/night cycle with weather options.
And also GT Sport have the best illumination thanks to Yamauchi which is a passionate photographer and also a racing driver.

I think PC2 looks amazing, i play with a GTX750Ti but in my brother PC which have a 1060, in maxed out settings PC2 looks stunning and i feel no need of a game looking better than that.

Running a 1050ti, so no big expectations here but I will say I had a terrible time getting the graphics sorted. The AA was making me dizzy, and everything looked white washed out.
Finally got it looking pretty good turning AA off (yes) and using super sampling on low.
I also fine tuned my monitor reducing sharpness, contrast, and backlight.
I have no favorite sim but if I could choose which one looks the best on my rig it's rfactor2...I know many will find that crazy but my eyes do not deceive me.

2010? I dunno what drugs you're on but by god they're fecking with your mind so I'd stop taking if I was you!!

Also, STOP believing marketing stuff, IN EVERYTHING:
1) cars do NOT do the MPG that are claimed
2) washing powders do NOT get all the stains out of whites
3) Head and shoulders does not get rid of ALL dandruff
4) Whitening toothpaste does not make your teeth sparkle
and lastly
5) Red Bull does NOT give you wings!!

:)

mind you I will say the leaves on the trees are not the best but I understand why.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back