PC2 Project CARS 2 Developer Live Stream: Plenty of New Game Footage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Live Stream.jpg

Check out this substantial live stream and developer Q&A featuring Project CARS 2.

Aired just yesterday, the 90 + minute live stream from Project CARS 2 gives us a nice opportunity to see plenty of in game footage from the new simulation, with play time on both a dedicated racing wheel and gamepad undertaken by Game Director, Stephen Viljoen.

Intended as a first release of a series of 'Developer Live Stream' features, Viljoen and Slightly Mad Studios have focussed plenty of attention on arguably the most often discussed and speculated element of the new game - handling.

With the original Project CARS title coming in for much criticism at the time, SMS have made plenty of noise in recent months about the amount of effort and consideration that has gone into improving the "out of the box" experience for both wheel and gamepad users, practically redesigning the way the game interacts with different controllers in comparison to the original title.

Running in at just over an hour and a half, the new video has plenty of gameplay action to enjoy whilst the guys run through some important discussion around the handling, take some questions from the viewers and generally give players a feel for what the game could be like come release next month,

Just over one month to go, then we get to find out all about it for ourselves. Exciting times ahead...

Project CARS 2 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC 22nd September 2017.

Project CARS 2 Live Stream 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 Live Stream 3.jpg

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to catch up with the latest news, engage in lively discussions with the community and find out all you need to know about the simulation prior to release in September.

Enjoy the live stream? Learn anything new? Looking forward to Project CARS 2? Optimistic about the new title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 241736

Did anybody else notice on how much "he" is turning the wheel, and the game is not responding until 1/2 second later, surely this is not video lag, and also, he is turning a lot more than the in game is??

Or is it just me
Yeah, either the vids are not sync or it is a lousy bug as a lot of guys mentioned in AC Forum

calm down... wait for the release before trashing countless of human hours worth of work.
We are calm, and people have only pointed out issues, from watching a video / replay.

We are not trashing, we are just mentioning, and you said wasting countless hours, how about us wasting countless £ for something that has not been fixed since pc1, with prmoise after promise that it's been fixed, but they could not fix the original version first?

We are calm, and people have only pointed out issues, from watching a video / replay.

We are not trashing, we are just mentioning, and you said wasting countless hours, how about us wasting countless £ for something that has not been fixed since pc1, with prmoise after promise that it's been fixed, but they could not fix the original version first?
You mentioned it is going to be an epic fail, so how exactly are you calm and how exactly are you 'just saying'?

No NO, if you read my post, regarding the comment from Ian Bell, and then me just saying, epic fail, as what people have picked up already on just watching a video / reply.

I wish people would not speed read, and actually take in what people write

• Deleted member 113561

Did anybody else notice on how much "he" is turning the wheel, and the game is not responding until 1/2 second later, surely this is not video lag, and also, he is turning a lot more than the in game is??

Or is it just me
Sync in the video

I can tell you that this is not the case in game - you can also see that at 100s of other pCARS 2 videos
View attachment 205422 And again at 42.52, seems when they are finishing the race. It was front of the Ferrari this seemed to be the back end.
Small bug when AI takes over control - doesn't impact your result or experience
Doesn't happen when having Manual Outlap enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back